Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park)

Flat Rock, North Carolina

15 Timmie Ln
Flat Rock, North Carolina 28731

• 55+ Only 55+ Only yes
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Public Phone Public Phone ?

Ask fellow campers about "Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $60.00

We stayed at this park last year and paid $45 with our Good Sam discount. To our surprise this year's rate was increased to $66 and with our labeled 10% Good Sam discount we paid $60. The folks here are no doubt mathematically challenged since a correct discount would have reduced the rate to $59.40. The site we stayed in is labeled a 'Premium Site', which consists of a gravel site, cement pad, picnic table, WiFi, cable, and overhanging trees that would not accommodate our satellite dish. These amenities are offered at most parks as 'Standard'. The cable was functional but the channel selections are of questionable interest to most campers. The cable package must be the lowest fee available since there was no HGTV, HLN, CNN or FOX News and the quality was poor. If you like the shopping channels, there are four listed. If you like religious feeds, you've come to the right place. If you enjoy watching the cable electronic transmission data there are three channels that you can become fixated on. The prices for an overnight stay in this facility are totally out of line for what's offered. The good news is that the park is clean and quiet.Don't camp here in the rain. Our patio flooded with three inches of standing water, which made getting in and out of the RV challenging to stay dry. The lower part of the park where we stayed is in a 100 year flood plain so I'm happy we only had a half inch of rain to contend with. The staff is friendly but they need to get in an RV and tour the country to see what other parks are offering as an equivalent at a substantially lower rate. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $50.00

Beautiful, clean, great people (hey after all, we're all 55 or over!), nice owners We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $60.00

This is a 55+ Park with permanent residents, but everything is kept up beautifully. Some transient sites are a little close for me, but not out of the norm. Lots of landscaping and activities, and staff is super friendly. Easy off/on to I-26, and about 30 minutes North you hit I40, 30 minutes South to I-85. A nice park to make as your base to explore WNC, or merely hang and enjoy lovely pool! We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

If you are into sightseeing, great location - Asheville, Biltmore, Lake Lure, Hendersonville, hiking, tubing, waterfalls, Pisgah National Forest, Blue Ridge Parkway, are all under an hour. Apple and Peach farms and festivals galore.

Head into downtown Hendersonville for various activities and festivals. Check out Flat Rock Playhouse. Zip line in Saluda or try Zen Tubing on South Asheville. Treat yourself to a gorgeous view and a good meal at Mt Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Many wineries and Microbreweries in the area.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

This is an over 55 park. Very quiet, clean, good wifi; they have cable, but we did not use it. Pull thru sites are level, gravel, a little grass and shade. We entered on Sunday when no one in the office. Paperwork was on the board with site assignment. Went into the office Mon. morning to settle up with a very pleasant lady. Will be staying again. Other reviews have covered the close exit. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park)

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

This is a beautiful, 55+ park located near Hendersonville and Asheville NC. There are many year-round residents but all sites are kept neat and well-maintained and people were friendly. Lots of dogs but owners keep them on leashes and picked up after them. The lower level has long, spacious and level pull thru and back-in sites that can easily handle the biggest of rigs. We had a pull thru with a concrete patio. AT&T cell reception was OK, but not great, and we had no trouble getting consistent Internet and streaming TV. There are 2 dumpsters for garbage and a third dumpster for recycling. As others have said, when exiting the park there is an island at the top of the hill. It is too narrow to the right of the island for my rig so I stayed to the left where it is wider and had no problems. Lakewood is conveniently located near Hendersonville and Asheville. Plenty of interesting things to see and do. We spent 6 nights here for some much needed R&R following selling our house and moving everything into storage. We will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Convenient off of I-26. Pleasant staff. Roads easy to navigate. Utilities well placed and worked well. The only rwal problem is the overgrown vegetation as you exit the park. There is no way to keep it from scrapping you RV. I would stay again, but I hope they do some work on the exit. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Great place! Have stayed here a number of times and on each occasion it was terrific. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Pristine setting and very convenient to Hendersonville and Asheville. Spacious full service pull-through and back-in sites. Was able to get good satellite reception despite adequate shade at my site (18). There are some seasonals, but plenty of transient campers. There are also multiple social activities available for those interested. Overall, I can't say enough good things about this park! We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Travel Trailer.

18 Kortney

A camp host took me into Hendersonville where I was a guest at the local activity center for spirited pickleball games.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

The site was roomy, level and hard. The park is quiet and everyone is very friendly. Our dog enjoyed the walks and the small dog park. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $15.00

Rate reflects a monthly one. Site 665 is nearly flat, packed gravel, end spot with small grass patches both sides and back. Concrete patio. Shade from well-trimmed trees except in late afternoon on patio side. Camped in 35 foot 5th wheel with three slides. Site is VERY tight between raised concrete patio and water/cable pedestal. Minimal space for pick-up truck. Neighbor to patio side is close & neighbor to back is staggered, but close. Woods beyond quiet vehicle lane on utility side. Quiet. Cable (and OTA) TV limited to main broadcast, church, and shopping stations. WiFi is open, but generally good. AT&T cell coverage is generally good. Laundry and bath houses are spacious and very clean. Large pool is well-maintained. No ice machine. Office closed on Sundays. Scheduled social activities. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

This should be listed as a 65+ or more RV park. It seems that 90% or more are there seasonally or permanently. There were only 7 or 8 spaces that seemed to have people coming and going. No one was out and about. It was like a ghost town full of campers. I'm 60 and I felt like a youngster there. They had a nice pool which was the only thing that convinced us to stay the full three nights we had scheduled. The spaces were close together and even though there was some bushes between the sites, there was no feeling of privacy. If you're looking for a very quiet place where you'll never meet anyone or be bothered with kids, this is your place. But I learned something about myself. I like the activity in other parks and people wandering around saying hi and trying to be friendly. I even missed the activity of kids which can sometimes annoy me if they're out of hand. I found it a depressing place that looked like where old RV'ers go to die. I won't be going back simply because of those reasons. This place might be Narnia for some folks but it didn't suit me. I won't be back. For our purposes it was a trip to break-in a new 5th wheel and check things out. That mission went well but I wouldn't want to camp here again. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

RJ72
Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

We planned to spend five months here this summer, but two months was enough. If you are coming for a few days or a week to see Hendersonville, this place will probably suit you fine. They have some design and management problems that take away from what could be a fine park.

On the plus side, utilities, including WIFI, were fine. They have a section of pull throughs and larger back in sites that are adequate for larger rigs. Try to get a back in space if you want to enjoy your patio and awning as those sites face north. When they designed the pull through area, they made the mistake of facing them all south and then planted a tree on the southwest corner of each site. Motorhomes get the mid-day and afternoon sun on the windshield and on the patio (unless you happen to get a large rig as a neighbor on the west side). The trees by the sites have now grown large and management does not keep them trimmed, so limbs lean on the roof and sides of the rigs and interfere with some satellite TV reception.

When you enter the park, you will notice an island that is off center in the roadway. There is plenty of room to enter, but when you leave, if you stay to the right as the arrow points, you will have to be careful to not clip the objects in the island on the left and will brush the trees on the right all the way down the side of your coach. Don't know why the island is there or, at least, why it is where it is.

The park is owned by a friendly retired couple. Unfortunately, they turned the management and maintenance of the park over to their daughter and son-in-law, neither of whom is schooled or proficient at customer service or business management. Employees will tell you one thing and the manager will, with attitude, tell you something else. This caused problems with reservations, parking direction, and charge for electricity. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

Two levels in park. Upper level all park models, lower RVs. Clean well taken care of. Only thing I suggest is tree branches get trimmed a little so they don't hang over slide toppers and roof. Would help with receiving satellite. People were friendly. Campground sells tickets to Biltmore at a good savings. Would stay again. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Asheville about 25 miles. Grocery store about 4. Restaurants nearby.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

Watch the turn coming into the park - there is an island that you you can't see until you are partially in the driveway. Also makes it a bit 'skinny' when exiting with you coach/RV. This is a lovely, well maintained park with easy access to I26. We were in a pull thru that had trees blocking our satellite dish and they sent maintenance over quickly to trim the branches back. Wifi and all connections worked and we had a very enjoyable week here. We weren't really ready to leave when it was time to go, which is unusual for us! We will definitely be back. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

The town of Hendersonville has a great visitor info center that can provide you with days worth of things to do. Carl Sandburg National Historic Site is close by, but house is currently empty as they are getting it ready for the 2019 anniversary. Asheville is about 30 minutes away and has a very fun single A baseball team, the Tourists, who are affiliated with the Colorado Rockies. DuPont Forest has lots of trails and waterfalls and is also relatively close by.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $45.00

Nice 55+ park. A mixture of spacious pull-through, back-in sites and permanent park models. Gravel parking pads, concrete patios (with a picnic table) and paved internal roads. The owners obviously take pride in in the park. It's neat, clean and quiet. Trees and grass throughout the park. Less than a mile off I-26, but far enough away you don't hear freeway noise. Check in was easy. Very good value for the money. We'd definitely stay here again. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Shopping, gas stations, and the whole gamut of restaurants, and grocery stores are just 5-10 minutes away. Binions Roadhouse(the kind of casual place where you throw the complimentary peanut shells on the floor) in Hendersonville is a few minutes further, but worth the drive. A must see is the Biltmore Estates in Asheville, about 30 minutes or so away. Plan on spending the better part of a day to see and appreciate it. It's spectacular! Not cheap, but spectacular.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $43.00

Nice park with big rig friendly pull-throughs for our 69' Class A and trailer. We camped at Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Close to Asheville and the Blue Ridge. Lots to do

Featured Campgrounds Near Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park)

Are you affiliated with Lakewood RV Resort (55+ park) ?