Rutledge Lake RV Park

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Rutledge Lake RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $45.00

After check in we were guided to the site. Sites have a good layer of gravel with a concrete patio. Sites are level with a table and fire pit. FHUs and satellite friendly. Cell service is excellent, the tower is within sight at the top of the hill. Sites are very close, parking is tight. Laundry is clean and machines in very good condition. Campground is near most of the sights in Asheville. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $51.00

Stayed here while visiting the Biltmore Estate and Blue Ridge Parkway. Nice Clean park with lots of things to do around the area and campground. Sites are pretty level and close together. Would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

We really wanted to like this park. It's convenient to Asheville/Hendersonville/Brevard. The park layout is tight but manageable. The sites were fairly close but that's expected in the mountains. Our site was gravel and pretty level with shade trees. The sewer connection was clean and accessible from entire site with screw-in cover. The pool area was clean and my kids enjoyed it. All of the facilities looked nice and well-maintained. It's a quaint park that really reminded us of a summer camp for kids. Unfortunately, this campground is anything but camper friendly. We requested a late check-in ahead of time and were charged a $20 late check-in fee (which was advertised). Upon arrival a staff member took us to our site and insisted on guiding me backing into the site (my wife and I are very efficient at this and do not need ANY help). It was fine other than him being a complete jerk about it when giving me "directions" on how to back. Even my 11 y/0 daughter asked why he was so angry. We moved past that though. The next day we asked if they could accommodate another night and they said they could but we'd have to move (which is a pet-peeve of mine) because someone else was coming in on our departure date. This was confusing to me as they told us they didn't assign site numbers until arrival and they admittedly had multiple sites open for us to "move" to. We didn't understand why they could place the new arrivals there. Regardless, we declined and chose to leave on our normally scheduled date. The coup-de-gras was our softball schedule got re-arranged the last day and I needed to late check by 1.5 hours. One lady said that was fine and another rode to our site and, as we were pulling out of the site, STOPPED US TO TELL US WE HAD TO PAY A LATE CHECK-OUT FEE (that is not advertised). Very unfortunate. This could be a really GREAT park if it wasn't for the way they run it. We won't return and won't recommend to anyone just because of the folks that run it. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Take the ride over to Pisgah National Forest if you've never been. We've been tent camping there for years and there is a lot to do and see. Looking Glass Falls, Sliding Rock, and the drive is beautiful any time of year.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

Nice gated campground that was very convenient to Asheville and the surrounding area. Short drive from I-26. I-26 between Exits 37 and 40 is a bit rough. Also a large pothole on Rutledge Road traveling South on the right hand side about 1/8 mile off Airport Rd. Unlike other reviews, we had no problem finding the park. Initially assigned site 47 which backed up to the playground. We asked to be reassigned before setting up and was to site 54. Site was mostly level, slightly high on the drivers side but within capabilities of stabilizing jacks. Utilities are placed on the drivers side but are only about 10 feet back from the road. We had to pull up just a little to get everything hooked up as our water, electric and cable plugs are all in the back. Camp store has a few items including ice and propane. Other reviews spoke of poor picture quality on cable. Ours was just fine. Also, some reviews were negative for their Wi-Fi. We noticed that there is a secure, password required, server and an open server. Use the password protected server and you shouldn't have any problems. Use the open server and you'll get nothing accomplished. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Restaurants and Wal-Mart real close. Outlet mall just up the road a bit and then everything that Asheville has to offer all within 20 minute drive. Watch the traffic at the 26/40 interchange. Always seemed to be slow getting through there.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rutledge Lake RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $49.00

Rutledge is far enough away from I-26 that I didn't hear any traffic noise, but you do get some airplane noise from the Asheville airport. Staff was pleasant. Main interior road is easy for big rig to navigate. I'm glad that I had one of the few pull through sites because many of the back-in sites would have been difficult to get into. The utilities were okay, but not great. The water pressure was good. The sewage connection was below ground level. I hate that. The cable TV was grainy on all channels. Wifi is not great, but usable. They really missed the boat on what they call lake front sites. Those sites are all back-in. It would have been more attractive if those sites were pull in; however, the "lake" is really nothing more than a muddy pond so maybe that's why they went the way they did. The sites are close together with no vegetation between them for privacy. I would stay again, but it isn't what I would be looking at as a destination. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

Warning to all Future Campers: Google Maps tries to take you to the back entrance of the park where you will be treed. We did use the address 125 Jillian Trail as another reviewer recommended, but we still ended up stuck next to a covered bridge and had to back up and turn around (not easy when pulling a 38-foot trailer). If the road sign at the turn says "Still Pond," DON'T DO IT! Drive just a little further, and you'll see the correct entrance to the park. We arrived later than 9 pm, and didn't realize that would be a problem. The manager/owner got up out of bed, let us in, and parked us. He was gracious, and I thank him, but do try to arrive before 9 pm. Our site was tight with lots of rigs parked pretty closely together. It wasn't easy to back in, but it was doable. Our site had a nice picnic table and fire ring. The WiFi was unusable. I couldn't connect at all, and my husband found it to be so slow that he switched back to mobile data. The campground was fine for our purposes. It's well maintained, the neighbors were quiet, and it's a pleasant place with a great game room. Hotels and RV spaces are surprisingly scarce and expensive in the Asheville area. Even with the Good Sam rate, it was pricey compared to other cities. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $54.00

Overnight stay, convenient to interstate. Gated so you're given a key pass (like a credit card) to enter. Our site was a long site, level with several blocks under the jacks. We had to share water with the next site, so extremely low water pressure. When we pulled into our site (60) there was no one in the site in front of (52) so we would have had no problems getting out, but someone came in so we actually had to back our fifth wheel out of the pull through site because the roads are so tight and everyone was parked in the road. We left early, before the office opened, and there is no drop area for the gate card. I put the card in an envelope with our site number on it under the door, but still received an email telling me to return the card. Not sure we'd stay here again, especially since it was so expensive. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $50.00

We had a site right on the retention pond. It is a back in site, I wanted to pull in as we have a motorhome. I was told I could not do that. But I did. This appears to be an older park, all of the lake view sites are back in, not drive in. So obviously geared up for trailers and fifth wheels. It is handy to Walmart and other services. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

This is not a particularly attractive park.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $50.00

First of all, if you go to this park, use 125 Jillian Trail for the address instead of 170 Rutledge Rd. After getting the confirmation email with the Jillian Trail address on it, I called the office to double check on the GPS address to use. The gal said to try the Rutledge Road address. Don't do it. That is a dead end street on the other side of the campground. Also, if you get site 11, you should park as close to the cement patio as you can or your tires will be off the ground on one side after you get leveled. The gentleman who parked us failed to make the recommendation. The name of the park would lead you to believe you are on Rutledge Lake, if there is such a lake. However, the lakefront sites you pay extra for are actually on a little retention pond. The laundry room was nice, with several washers and dryers that worked well. The store is well stocked. We were close to the Blue Ridge Parkway and less than 30 minutes from Asheville. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

We were assigned a site too small for our 33-ft fifth wheel. The sites were so small and close I have NO idea why people stay here. We left. Even if we could maneuver on the narrow roads, there would have been no place for our truck. Campers even left their truck/cars in the roads, to prevent maneuvering our vehicles. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel
Fire Ring

Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

We had a nice lakeside back in site. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Very peaceful and quiet. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $50.00

Stayed 3 nights while visiting friends in Asheville area. Campground is a little off the beaten track but not difficult to find. Sites are a little close but better than a KOA. Site 60 (our site) is set as end-to-end back-ins but is managed as a single pull-through. Everything was well-kept and maintenance staff passed frequently. We were escorted to our site. One oddity - visitors are said to be charged $3 per day to enter the gated entrance, but our two visitors were admitted without charge. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

As others have commented, Biltmore Estates are the big attraction. The house was interesting but grounds were more enjoyable. There is a local arboretum, just off I26, which has lovely hiking trails.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $27.00

We stayed for 2 months and it was, overall, a satisfactory experience. Our back-in site was next to the pool, but was surprisingly quiet. Congestion on the roadway, though, was chronic. Nearly everyone on our row had 2 vehicles in addition to an RV, so cars and trucks were parked all along the edge of the passageway. Sites were just long enough for a 40' rig, but wide enough for vehicles to park. Power in the campground was low voltage at peak heat in August and tripped once. Sewer connection was at the rear of the site instead of near the center with the water and electric connections. Park is conveniently located to services in Fletcher and easy access to Hendersonville and Asheville. Staff was very accommodating in putting us in a site facing north with no tree interference for our TV satellite. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Blue Ridge Parkway not far. Sierra Nevada Brewery nearby with excellent tours and restaurant. If you like raw oysters, the Surf and Brew restaurant is close by. Lots in area cities, but one favorite is the Pinball Museum in Asheville along with a multitude of breweries.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $49.00

Very nice RV Park. Stayed with a 38' MH pulling a 29 ' trailer and had no problems with road going to park or dip in drive as described by another user. Stayed in pull through along side a small creek. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $51.00

Decent park. A few pull-thru's but mostly back-in's. Full HU with 50 amp. Gravel sites are somewhat level. Very good Wifi! Pool. Small catch & release pond. Some RV sites have view of pond. Internal roads are OK for big rigs, but not excessive. Some have low trees. Fairly close to neighbors but enough room for slides. Security gate at night requires entrance card (which they give and which must be returned). Quiet. Seemed expensive for what is offered. Can buy Biltmore Estate tickets at RV park. Might stay here again; it's OK, but probably would look for something less expensive. We camped at Rutledge Lake RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull-thru

Biltmore Estate and Gardens - fabulous! Basilica of Saint Lawrence is beautiful. Sierra Nevada Brewing is great as is New Belgium Brewing (Sierra Nevada is better, and offers food, if you have time for only 1); both are large craft brewing companies that have tours.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rutledge Lake RV Park

Are you affiliated with Rutledge Lake RV Park ?