Frisco Woods Campground

Latitude: 35.239520452472
Longitude: -75.6196904182434

• yes-ocean Waterfront

muelldawg

Wonderful park and setting. We stayed right on Pamlico Sound. Everyone had a terrific time. You could sail right from our campsite. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Florida Bob

We had a great site that backed up onto the canal with a view of Pamlico Sound (site #6). It was spacious and shady with a tree. We loved that there is a beach and easy water access. The bathrooms were cleaned on a regular basis, but messy in between. The owner needs to replace some of the shower curtains which are hanging by a thread. The campground needs to upgrade some of the picnic tables. Our was about to collapse. Most of the RV sites have grass. When we checked in, we were not given any information about the campground (rules, etc.) and nothing about the surrounding area. The person in the office was friendly, but other than the bathroom cleaning crew, we saw no one driving through the park checking on things. Having the laundry is nice, but 3 out of the 4 washers were out of order for the 5 days we were there. The office said that the repairman was called, but we hadn't seen any action. The pool area is nice. We enjoyed our stay, but would like to see some upgrades done to the place in the near future. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

n5lfh

Our site was sand, grass and level in the front area of the grounds. Staff was nice. Utilities worked fine and power was up to spec. Pretty tight driving through in a motorhome, but one headache was people parking in the narrow roads. There is ample room for parking off the roads. I'm still debating if I would return. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Motorhome.

elaine170

We were greeted nicely upon arrival. We had stayed there before and told them that we knew where to go. It was crowded due to a kite boarding gathering that weekend. We had things off site to keep us busy and the group was well behaved. There were fireworks one night and beer parties two nights but again no bad behavior observed. We didn't use the pool and neither did anyone else. Bathrooms are dated but clean. I paid $15.00 for three tiny dogs. Not sure why the charge. Lots of dog waste from people not cleaning up after their dogs. Are people getting back for having to pay a dog fee? The pluses outweigh the minuses for us; therefore, we will return. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

scjenk

After reading some of the older reviews of this campground and the treatment by the office personnel I was a bit leery. Turns out that the guy in the office was a pleasure to work with and can't possibly be the same person that others had problems with. I was expecting to be crammed into a small sandy site with no shade but was pleasantly surprised to find a nice sized site with a tree (C6) and grass, on the canal. We had a nice view of the sound and the breeze kept the bugs away. The pool was nice. I can't comment on the rest rooms as I never used them during our stay. The cable TV and the Wi-Fi worked fine. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

coramdayo

We stayed in this campground for 11 nights, which included being there for July 4th. This was our first time in this campground. We read all the reviews previously posted, but still decided to go here. In addition to reading all the reviews, we also drove through this campground in the summer of 2010 knowing we'd be camping there the next year. We stayed in two different sites; a sound front site for 6 nights and a canal front site for the remaining 5 nights. Preferred the sound front sites for several reasons; 1) we could see our kids playing in the sound and 2) less "thru" traffic by other campers' children walking through our site to get to the canal/sound edge. The sunset from either of these two sites was AMAZING! This campground is what I would call more "laid back" in that it is not your concrete pad sites with pristine grass/landscaping. If you are looking for that, then don't stay here. However, if you are looking for a campground with a casual, relaxing feel for your family, then this is it. I know it is popular for windboarders/surfers, but we simply enjoyed floating around in the sound in the mornings before heading out to the beach, which is literally right across the road on Frisco Beach. Upon our initial arrival, we were terribly excited to see that the campground's main roads had been paved since our drive-by visit last year. This was a HUGE improvement as the blowing dust was one of our main concerns. It also made it very nice to walk to the bath house, camp store and pool. Wonderful improvement! Also noted that many of the sites had been freshly sodded this spring. All though the new sod has pretty much turned brown and was shedding quite a bit, I am hopeful that by next year, it will have taken a bit and be more established. Still, this is a very nice improvement to the sites. Bathrooms - I checked that they were clean, BUT they really could use a bit more attention. The showers were not clean enough that I would use them without wearing flip flops. Nuf said, right? We used the bath house by the camp store one time, but again, they were a bit "grungy". I popped into the bath house over on the other side (appears to be a newer facility) and they were much nicer/cleaner, but there were only two showers there instead of four over at the campstore one. Pool was nice and clean. Kids had a blast and I loved that the laundry facilities were attached to the pool so I could catch up on some laundry while watching my kids...great, great feature in my opinion. Loads were $1.75 for each load. We had no issues with the staff...all were curteous and very helpful. Early in our stay there was a very, very large group of young people (late teens/early-mid 20's) staying in the soundfront tent sites. They were basically partying 24/7. They were using language that was completely vulgar and inappropriate while swimming/drinking in the sound during the morning and afternoon hours. My young children heard things I did not want them to be hearing. I had planned on talking to the group the next day but did not have to as they were apparently asked to leave. That night they actually drove a truck INTO THE SOUND and drove around screaming and hollering at 2 a.m. There were also people in the water in the headlights of the truck. It was very dangerous and crazy. Obviously, they were drunk out of their minds. We called the police who arrived in minutes to bring some order to madness. The next morning we found out that several other campers had also called the police. We were pleased that they left. It was a MUCH more enjoyable campground once all that hooplah was gone. I gave this campground an 8/10 simply because of the bathrooms and it's more rural/rustic feel. We love it and are already planning on returning next summer for two weeks. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

trhunter1

To start with I have not been treated more rude than I have at this campgrounds, the guy (not sure if he is the owner) that works at the front counter acts like he has worked way to long at the same job. I was treated like crap for asking about a AAA discount, they said I could not get it because I did not show my card when I checked in (that was about two hours prior, and also I told them that I had a AAA card when I made my reservations). The campground was OK with most everything else. We found real nice people camping and not to my amazement they had encountered they same attitudes from the staff. (One correction on the staff the lady with the cast was very pleasant) Frisco is a wonderful place, we went in many of the shops and restaurants, we have had a wonderful vacation even though this campgrounds was not a pleasant as it could have been. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

rockytrailer

We just returned from a week at this campground and will not return. I booked, in March. what I was told would be a good site. When we arrived we found our site to be very close to a seasonal with a converted 30 ft silver, solid body racing hauler. So close that our awning touched the side of his trailer. The ladies in the office were helpful, but the other site we were offered was impossible to back into, the low branches of a tree scratched the side of our trailer and broke off the outside light as we tried for a half hour to back in. We gave up and spent our week next to the hauler. The view did improve when a pile of sand was dumped in front of our site to be used to fill in the holes in the campground roadways. Never again. I will spend my week elsewhere, probably up north at one of the other campgrounds. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

sfkiefer48

We have mixed feelings regarding this campground. For the first 12 days we were in the campground we had a site relatively close to the sound. The sunsets were tremendous!! The sites were very tight, grass and sand, and level. The Wi-Fi at our first site was excellent. However, for our last 4 days we had to move to the front of the campground and the Wi-Fi was nonexistent. They need to make Wi-Fi available throughout the park as that is one of the amenities advertised! Also, the sites were very tight at our second location. Our site was 25' wide and the adjoining site was 20' wide. In fact, when a pop-up tried to maneuver into the neighboring site they eventually gave up as it was way too narrow, even for a pop-up. In the future we will look for another campground farther north. We feel this campground could have a lot of potential, but it needs lots of TLC and maintenance, starting with the roads that are full of potholes. Also, when camp sites are vacated there is virtually no cleanup or maintenance done prior to the next camper. For the most part the staff was friendly. The ladies were very cordial but the gentleman was always grumpy and didn't appear to want to be here. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Motorhome.

Popupcampers

We stayed on the Sound side, in site number 27 during this visit. When I first pulled in, I was a but upset to find out that our campsite was not very level and it took me some time to get the pop-up situated because of the deep sand. Once I did though the view was incredible. We were literally the only campers on that end, and were just steps from water. The staff was not very friendly but the restrooms and showers were very clean. We would stay here again. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Prof Bill

Initial impressions are not strong - dirt road with pot holes, looks a bit run down. But it turned out to be a very pleasant spot and we extended from 2 nights to 4. Sites along the canal were very relaxing and pleasant. Decent beach where you can walk out for "miles" at low tide. Excellent Wi-Fi and cable TV. Friendly staff. Good value compared to what you pay elsewhere on the Outer Banks. Making improvements but will never be a "resort." We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

WiliWali

If you like a sunset view on the soundside of Hatteras Island, this is the place. There are full service sites that are truly soundfront: step out into the water if you want. We were there in the spring, so the bugs were not bad, but like anyplace at ground level (except the beach!) in Hatteras, bugs are bad! There was a bad storm with NW winds while we were here, and most of the site flooded, but the staff was very helpful finding a place for us on higher ground. Rest rooms and laundry room were older, but clean a well kept. The pool looking great, but it wasn't warm enough to try it. There are no ground fires permitted, but I think that is county law, as none of the campgrounds we saw permit fires. Beach access is handy, but you have to drive there: 4x4 is the best way to go. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

opie

Worst restrooms I have ever used in my life. Absolutely filthy. Stayed that way the 3 days I was there. Cleaning consisted of putting new T.P. on top of the dispenser. Gentleman behind the counter acted as if he really did not want to be there. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Tent.

oswoody

Stayed here for a good part of a summer. Very friendly staff. Lots of traffic though. Fireworks were annoying. Now that fireworks are no longer allowed we will be back again. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Motorhome.

kentuckymom

I was disappointed when we arrived at Frisco Woods. The site that we had booked for almost 6 months, was not at all what we had hoped for -- it was small and dumpy. So, the management was very friendly and let us move to a very nice, shady site but it wasn't a full hook up site. I felt that there wasn't much to do in the Frisco area and the few nearby restaurants were very pricey and not that good. But, the absolute worst part of the vacation were the mosquitoes. I've never experienced anything like it in my life. We were getting eaten alive cooking breakfast in the morning. We didn't even sit out at night because it was literally unbearable. I've been to plenty of campgrounds in the summer by the beach and have never had it this bad. The mosquitoes alone would keep us from ever returning. We didn't find the mosquitoes to be a problem in other areas of town -- just at the campground. Drove almost 15 hours and was disappointed. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Frisco Woods Campground?