Frisco Woods Campground

53124 Highway 12
Frisco, North Carolina 27936

Longitude: -75.61969

• Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Frisco Woods Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $40.00

expedient check in, choose our site on walking about the camp. for our 3 week stay. You can have anything from on the sound waterfront sites, to canal boating, to secluded. Camp is like my own, with several small sections that each have their own flavor. Away from but within minutes to marinas, ferries and beaches. Simple grocery and fishing tackle shop 1/2 mile south. many cable tv channels. little ota tv. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

c10

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $65.00

RV, tent and cabins on the Pamlico Sound side of Hwy 12. Midway between Buxton and Hatteras Village. We stayed 4 days longer than planned, waiting out hurricane Irma. Try to stay directly on the Sound, as mosquitos were pretty bad in the trees of sites closer to the front of the campground. This is a quiet campground (when we were there just after Labor Day) with good water, electric, sewer and cable TV. Rate is high for what you get, but no different than other nearby campgrounds. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C20
Sand, Grass

The Quarterdeck Restaurant is good. Their hushpuppies were the best, and seafood was of course fresh. Buxton Seafood had good, fresh shrimp, but if you are up towards Manteo, the Wanchese Industrial Seafood area has the best - right on the docks. Orange Blossom Bakery in Buxton is excellent. Get an "Apple Ugly" to-go. Good with coffee! Shelly Island is the newest attraction to see, but you need a $50 beach-driving pass and a 4x4 to get there.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $70.00

Front desk staff not very friendly or helpful. Very pretty campground right on the sound. Sites very close together and would not want to stay there in busy times but was nice in a mostly empty campground. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

Our full hookup site was directly on the sound facing west; which means a tremendous sunset every night. We stayed late April to mid May before the crowds. Helpful staff & great location. Wifi has been improved & works great. Cable TV good & decent channels. You need to bring a fire ring if you want a fire; we didnt have one. Call the office for info if this is important. Very picturesque with wind kiters zipping on the sound. Will return! We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

C loop
Sand, Grass

Close to great fishing!

Featured Campgrounds Near Frisco Woods Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $62.00

We spent a week at Frisco Woods and enjoyed every minute of our stay. We were in S13 where we had an incredible view of Pamlico Sound. Our site was in some sea oaks in the sand. We had ample space. There was normally a nice breeze that kept the bugs down. My daughter and I enjoyed crabbing in the sound. It was not far from the beach or the ferry to Ocrakoke. The showers by the pool have been renovated and were very nice. The other two bathhouses were older, but not too bad. Except the mosquitoes liked to attack you when you exited them. The WiFi was only good at the store, but we didn't care. There was always something interesting to watch on the water. The pool was nice and the laundry room is right next to the pool, so you can fold your clean clothes while your kids swim. We loved it there and plan to return next year! We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Tent Trailer.

S13
Sand
Just long enough for my tent trailer

Take bugspray!!!

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $40.00

Out of season and there were few campers. During summer that will change. We really enjoyed our stay. Frisco Woods is on the Sound side, not the Atlantic side. We backed in and had the waters of Pamlico Sound 15' from our back window. My wife enjoyed watching the wind surfers. Frisco is on the non-glitzy tourist trap side of the OBX ~ quieter. We enjoyed our week here and will be back. Plenty of tv channels available but WFI was poor unless near the office. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $43.00

A well-located park on the sound side of the Outer Banks. We visited in November so the park seemed spacious and sparsely populated. All RV spaces are on or near the sound. There is a pool and store though the pool was closed in November and the store on limited hours. Overall, this is a nice campground, well layed out, a good distance from the road. The cable was good, but we could never connect to the wifi. Strong Verizon, excellent ATT. Ten minutes from the ferry to the west and Hatteras to the east. No ground fires permitted. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C-11

The area is pretty quiet in November with many restaurants and stores closed. Still, the lack of tourists makes the beaches more special. Take the free 1-hour ferry to Ocrecoke Island where you'll find a cute town built around the harbor and some there are done excellent seafood restaurants.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $69.00

Usually stay here when we travel to the outer banks. Overall a nice, good decent campground. A popular camp ground. Main shower house by pool is tiled and air conditioned. Shower house on "B" loop is not - pressure treated lumber and no AC but an ok shower house. Pool is nice. Camp ground close to beach ramps. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

A17

Visit the quarter deck &/or pop's restaurant when you go

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $60.00

Wonderful park and setting. We stayed right on Pamlico Sound. Everyone had a terrific time. You could sail right from our campsite. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $50.00

We had a great site that backed up onto the canal with a view of Pamlico Sound (site #6). It was spacious and shady with a tree. We loved that there is a beach and easy water access. The bathrooms were cleaned on a regular basis, but messy in between. The owner needs to replace some of the shower curtains which are hanging by a thread. The campground needs to upgrade some of the picnic tables. Our was about to collapse. Most of the RV sites have grass. When we checked in, we were not given any information about the campground (rules, etc.) and nothing about the surrounding area. The person in the office was friendly, but other than the bathroom cleaning crew, we saw no one driving through the park checking on things. Having the laundry is nice, but 3 out of the 4 washers were out of order for the 5 days we were there. The office said that the repairman was called, but we hadn't seen any action. The pool area is nice. We enjoyed our stay, but would like to see some upgrades done to the place in the near future. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $54.00

Our site was sand, grass and level in the front area of the grounds. Staff was nice. Utilities worked fine and power was up to spec. Pretty tight driving through in a motorhome, but one headache was people parking in the narrow roads. There is ample room for parking off the roads. I'm still debating if I would return. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $50.00

We were greeted nicely upon arrival. We had stayed there before and told them that we knew where to go. It was crowded due to a kite boarding gathering that weekend. We had things off site to keep us busy and the group was well behaved. There were fireworks one night and beer parties two nights but again no bad behavior observed. We didn't use the pool and neither did anyone else. Bathrooms are dated but clean. I paid $15.00 for three tiny dogs. Not sure why the charge. Lots of dog waste from people not cleaning up after their dogs. Are people getting back for having to pay a dog fee? The pluses outweigh the minuses for us; therefore, we will return. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $55.00

After reading some of the older reviews of this campground and the treatment by the office personnel I was a bit leery. Turns out that the guy in the office was a pleasure to work with and can't possibly be the same person that others had problems with. I was expecting to be crammed into a small sandy site with no shade but was pleasantly surprised to find a nice sized site with a tree (C6) and grass, on the canal. We had a nice view of the sound and the breeze kept the bugs away. The pool was nice. I can't comment on the rest rooms as I never used them during our stay. The cable TV and the Wi-Fi worked fine. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $50.00

We stayed in this campground for 11 nights, which included being there for July 4th. This was our first time in this campground. We read all the reviews previously posted, but still decided to go here. In addition to reading all the reviews, we also drove through this campground in the summer of 2010 knowing we'd be camping there the next year. We stayed in two different sites; a sound front site for 6 nights and a canal front site for the remaining 5 nights. Preferred the sound front sites for several reasons; 1) we could see our kids playing in the sound and 2) less "thru" traffic by other campers' children walking through our site to get to the canal/sound edge. The sunset from either of these two sites was AMAZING! This campground is what I would call more "laid back" in that it is not your concrete pad sites with pristine grass/landscaping. If you are looking for that, then don't stay here. However, if you are looking for a campground with a casual, relaxing feel for your family, then this is it. I know it is popular for windboarders/surfers, but we simply enjoyed floating around in the sound in the mornings before heading out to the beach, which is literally right across the road on Frisco Beach. Upon our initial arrival, we were terribly excited to see that the campground's main roads had been paved since our drive-by visit last year. This was a HUGE improvement as the blowing dust was one of our main concerns. It also made it very nice to walk to the bath house, camp store and pool. Wonderful improvement! Also noted that many of the sites had been freshly sodded this spring. All though the new sod has pretty much turned brown and was shedding quite a bit, I am hopeful that by next year, it will have taken a bit and be more established. Still, this is a very nice improvement to the sites. Bathrooms - I checked that they were clean, BUT they really could use a bit more attention. The showers were not clean enough that I would use them without wearing flip flops. Nuf said, right? We used the bath house by the camp store one time, but again, they were a bit "grungy". I popped into the bath house over on the other side (appears to be a newer facility) and they were much nicer/cleaner, but there were only two showers there instead of four over at the campstore one. Pool was nice and clean. Kids had a blast and I loved that the laundry facilities were attached to the pool so I could catch up on some laundry while watching my kids...great, great feature in my opinion. Loads were $1.75 for each load. We had no issues with the staff...all were curteous and very helpful. Early in our stay there was a very, very large group of young people (late teens/early-mid 20's) staying in the soundfront tent sites. They were basically partying 24/7. They were using language that was completely vulgar and inappropriate while swimming/drinking in the sound during the morning and afternoon hours. My young children heard things I did not want them to be hearing. I had planned on talking to the group the next day but did not have to as they were apparently asked to leave. That night they actually drove a truck INTO THE SOUND and drove around screaming and hollering at 2 a.m. There were also people in the water in the headlights of the truck. It was very dangerous and crazy. Obviously, they were drunk out of their minds. We called the police who arrived in minutes to bring some order to madness. The next morning we found out that several other campers had also called the police. We were pleased that they left. It was a MUCH more enjoyable campground once all that hooplah was gone. I gave this campground an 8/10 simply because of the bathrooms and it's more rural/rustic feel. We love it and are already planning on returning next summer for two weeks. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $55.00

To start with I have not been treated more rude than I have at this campgrounds, the guy (not sure if he is the owner) that works at the front counter acts like he has worked way to long at the same job. I was treated like crap for asking about a AAA discount, they said I could not get it because I did not show my card when I checked in (that was about two hours prior, and also I told them that I had a AAA card when I made my reservations). The campground was OK with most everything else. We found real nice people camping and not to my amazement they had encountered they same attitudes from the staff. (One correction on the staff the lady with the cast was very pleasant) Frisco is a wonderful place, we went in many of the shops and restaurants, we have had a wonderful vacation even though this campgrounds was not a pleasant as it could have been. We camped at Frisco Woods Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Frisco Woods Campground

Are you affiliated with Frisco Woods Campground ?