Greensboro KOA

Friday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

Ask fellow campers about "Greensboro KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $45.00

We stayed in site #18, which was a FHU pull-through. The site was fairly level, but quite short. Not enough room for us to keep our truck in front of our pop-up, which is what we look for in quick overnight stops. Also, it was a bit of a walk to the bath house, even though I specifically requested a site close to the bath house when I booked the reservation 8 months ago. Bath house was clean enough, but you could tell it was extremely old, and needed to be completely redone instead of just painted over. That was the general theme for much of the campground; very old, not particularly attractive or welcoming, and in need of a face-lift. The laundry room, however, was very nice, clean, and well-lit. I believe they only recently converted to a KOA, so it seemed like they were in the middle of some needed capital improvements. Still not worth the KOA prices at this time, in my opinion. On a customer-service related note, the check-in process left something to be desired. We arrived around 6:30pm, and were checked in by a workamper who informed us that we still owed a small balance on our reservation. I was confused, since I had booked the site and paid in full eight months prior, and the woman behind the desk had zero interest in figuring out what it was for, or in trying to remove the charge. I paid it, since I didn't want to make a big stink over a few dollars, but it was definitely irritating to arrive exhausted to an already overpriced site that you thought was paid in full, only to find out that you inexplicably owe more money. Additionally, they closed the office at 7pm, which was unexpected given the Journey designation (they're supposed to have later hours to accommodate highway travelers). However, I saw the owners going to check on something in the office, and they graciously agreed to get me some change. Overall, this was an OK overnight stop for us between the Smokies and OBX, if you can handle the road noise, but I don't think we'd stay again. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Tent Trailer.

Just long enough for my tent trailer

This CG is located right off I-40, which is very convenient, but the road noise is loud and constant. I had already expected this from reading other reviews, and they did make a bowl of free, disposable ear plugs available in the office, which was a nice gesture. The combination of the ear plugs and exhaustion from a long day on the road allowed me to sleep pretty well but, if you're at all sensitive to noise, it would be a deal-breaker.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $46.00

We had a pull-through, extremely uneven, could have packed front wheel bearings, fresh rock but poorly poured and leveled - a large house keeping problem. looking out other campsites most are uneven. Beautiful park, pool and amenities. Would stay again. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $57.00

Just needed an overnight stop with good power and a pull thru site as it was very hot. Location was easy to get to from the interstate. Some noise from the highway but our site was the furtherest away from the road so it didn't bother us. Sites are way too close together. Our picnic table was right beside our neighbors sewer hookup. Hard to maneuver around the table, our slides, and the hookups to get anywhere. Site had enough slope that it was hard to level. Dog park was close by but a bit on the small size. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We didn't feel like cooking after a long day driving and didn't want to unload the car so he provided us with a menu for a nearby Chinese restaurant that delivered. Good food and quick delivery to the site. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

Pros: It's close to the Interstate Cons: It's close to the Interstate We could have walked 30 yards to a fence and waved to the trucks and cars whizzing by. But the place is a convenient stop. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Greensboro KOA

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $42.00

Sadly, this is just another overpriced KOA. The people are very nice, but the site is mainly mud over an aged dusting of gravel. The noise level from the interstate is difficult to ignore, although where we are parked, it's not too bad. My biggest beef is the all-too-typical (KOA) tight spacing and, even worse...not level. That drives me crazy! My motorhome will simply not handle the amount of slope built in to this site...too bad. We were here for a meeting, so this park was the most convenient for that.. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Bring leveling blocks...

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $41.00

Overnighted here on route from Outer Banks to Asheville. Good park for that purpose. We had a pull through with all utilities and didn't disconnect from our tow vehicle. The sites are treed but not wide, barely room to open slides, no room to sit at the picnic table that was there -- it just got in the way trying to walk around the trailer. Our site was not level side-to side or front to back. I40 is a stone's throw away from all sites and the trucks are loud... plan on keeping your RV closed up at night to reduce noise. Staff is friendly and accommodating. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

This is a new KOA but a very old park. There seems to be some improvements in the works like a new dog park, nice play area and a pool. But, there are lots of full timers with lots of "stuff" sitting around. Sites are close together and a mixture of grass gravel and dirt. Site length was ok but not level, a decrepit picnic table, no cable but free wi-fi. Very nice office staff and located just off I-40. The park is way overpriced for its condition and amenities. We won't stay here again unless a lot of improvements are made. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

This is a typical KOA and a good location to stay overnight or for a few days. Most roads are new asphalt and rest gravel. The place is clean and well maintained. Staff guides you to your site. Sites are gravel with some grass, very close together and most have some trees. Each site has an old picnic table and fire ring. Wifi was good. No cable but we were able to get satellite. The long pull through sites are not very level. We were assigned one but with our 45 ft MH we could not get it level. We asked to be moved and the staff was great at finding us a smaller level pull through site. The park is convenient to I-40 and Greensboro. There is road noise from adjacent I-40 but we did not notice in our MH. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $40.00

Staff very friendly. Escorted to site. Fairly level site with good water pressure. Too many trees with acorns that fall on the roof. I am partial to grass. Easy in/out. Seasonal sites need a little TLC. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Be sure to visit the Richard Petty Museum 15 minutes away.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $50.00

We were passing through on the Labor Day weekend. We were glad that they had a few spots available since we had not made reservations. As the other reviewers stated, we were escorted to our spot by a very congenial staff. We had a pull through and left our vehicle attached. Since we were only spending the night we did not work too hard on leveling on the gravel. It was easy for us to get to the electric, water and sewer. Some sites had rock fire rings but I think many of the sites are too close together for live fire.

The playground seemed to have been freshly painted and the grass was mowed. It was neat and clean. The pool was open but no one was swimming. It appeared to be in good shape. The gardens were in good shape, live and full of flowers. The picnic pavilion was clean but no one was using it. There are small cabins available. I saw no tent sites. They do have an official dog walking area but bring your own pooh bags.

We did not use the small bathhouse. It was clean but a bit rough around the edges. It appears that the full timers are further toward the back of the park.

It is convenient to the highway, but noisy. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Travel Trailer.

We only saw one small gas station nearby. It was not difficult to get our travel trainer in and out of the station. No fancy coffee, just a fresh pot of regular coffee and chips and sodas in the store.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

They claim to be a "new" KOA but we here 2 years ago and they were KOA then. Interior roads and sites need leveling and gravel. There are several large potholes along the paved entrance. The addition of plants to block the view of the interstate would also be nice if you are in the closest row as we were. There appear to be many permanent residents here. Restrooms were clean but need some TLC as does most of the park. It appears as though KOA corporate does not inspect their campgrounds any longer. So sad since they used to be a very reliable place to stay along the way. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions
Ncw

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

Convenient to I-40 and I-85. We stayed at this campground for 4 nights. Our pull-through site was plenty long enough, and happily we found a level spot right away. Water, electric and sewer were easily accessible. This is not a large park, but the older couple who are running the park were friendly and warm. They offered us a military discount when they saw our license plate. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Visit the International Civil Rights Museum while visiting Greensboro.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

Small, very tight park. Roads are narrow and the sites are "awning close". There is not a level site in the entire park. We moved our class A to an alternate site because our front tires were 7" off the ground! At our new site they are only 2" off the ground. We were escorted to our site, and when the staff member noticed that the sewer connection was uphill and 30 feet away, he offered to sell us more sewer hose at "half price"!

Just stayed here one night, and that was enough. I-40 is 100 yards away. This is the stereotypical KOA that we all fear. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $43.00

This campground is now a KOA facility. It is very convenient to I-40 and I-85. If you are in the area to visit the furniture stores in Highpoint or to shop at Replacements, Ltd., the location of this campground is great. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

Previous reviews say this "used to be" a KOA, well they are claiming they are a "Brand New KOA" and most everything has a new coat of yellow paint. We used it as a stop over on our way to the OBX. We did get a pullthru that we didn't have to unhook our toad, but there were only a couple in the park, the rest were pretty short. The sites are all gravel and all need new gravel and grading. Our auto level wouldn't level the coach so we had to add some cribbing. A couple of coached were there with the front wheels hanging in the air, unacceptable for that nightly rate. Restrooms were dated. Overall park is dated and needs some TLC. Wi-Fi nearly non-existent and no cable. A lot of little things can be overlooked if the sites are level and have gravel. I tried to give credit because the lady in the office was nice enough and the claim to be a NEW KOA and I figured they haven't gotten around to bringing up the standards yet. We camped at Greensboro KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Greensboro KOA

Are you affiliated with Greensboro KOA ?