Cross Winds Family Campground

Linwood, North Carolina

Jaretaz

New clean campground with large lot spaces. The owners are very sweet people and take time out of their day to conversant with the campers. Found this location to be a very peaceful clean campground that I will return to again due to the convenience and hospitality of the owners. Great location. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

ljsdes

Wonderful park with a great atmosphere. We stayed here over the weekend and were blown away. Very nice CG with great owners and campers alike. Pool was open even though we stayed after Labor Day and was clean and up to date. The Playground where my daughter spent most of her time was very large and clean and had plenty for her to do. WIFI worked great and the cable was pretty good too. We will stay here again and we recommend it to anyone. Only about 30 mins from Concord Mills and plenty of other local attractions. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

BobbyH

We stayed here 5 nights. For a private campground it felt like being in a state park. All back-in sites have much space between them, with large trees separating the sites. Gravel pads, with picnic table and fire ring, along with full hookups. Playground for children. Main pull-through section sites have less space and no trees. It is not far from interstate, so there is road noise at night, but if you camp in the B section you are the farthest away from noise. It was constructed in 2009, and laid out well to give each site ample space and separation. Only a few criticisms: Shower room lights are on motion detect with timed delay shutoff. Wife was not happy to have the lights turn off in the middle of her night time shower. Their rules say "Please DO NOT set grills on picnic tables." I carry a table top grill and using it on the ground is very bad for my back, and I do not carry a separate stand for it. I did discuss this with the staff and they gave me permission, I think. Signage to find the campground could be better. The only signs directing one to the campground are in the form of street name signs. I didn't have the map with me, did not see the street sign with the campground name and a little arrow on it, and turned at the exit onto the wrong road and had to go a few miles before I could turn around my rig towing our car. No sign at the exit corner with directional arrow, nor at the next turn, like most campgrounds have. Only sign was at the actual driveway into the campground. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Tallboy

Price reflects six day stay. Roads coming into the park to the office and around the pool are paved. Most of the interior roads are also paved. Sites are gravel and good sized in length and width. Excellent Cable TV. Wi-Fi only had one day it was a little slow, otherwise no complaints. Most sites have trees, some don't. Our site was unlevel side to side two inches. Does allow campfires. Easy in and out with a HDT and trailer (60 ft. combo) We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

esta34950

Friendly hosts. Some sites have shade, some don't. This park is working to add more sites. We found a few short hiking trails and there was an area to ride our bikes. We will return to this park again. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

LindaVA1

We needed an easy to get to campground for one night on our way home off of I-85. This place is perfect. It is quiet, laid out well, and the owners are the nicest southern people around. We really enjoyed our last night in our RV after being gone from home 2 months. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

mrpeepers

We asked for a site with trees, and we got even more than we asked for. It was a wonderful site (#A-10), lots of trees, almost felt like we were in the woods at a national or state park instead of in a private campground. The downside of that is you have to contend with mosquitoes, but Off helps. The site was unlevel and we had to use leveling blocks under the dualies, but once we got the coach level, we loved it. Would definitely go back. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

gc1966

This place is perfect for us, the bathrooms and showers are clean and neat. The park is clean, most of the park is paved (spaces gravel), the staff is wonderful, they do not bother you unless you are a rule breaker. Wi-Fi is plenty fast, cellphone signal great (close to I-85). Firewood is 5 bucks for a big generous bundle of good split hardwoods that burns good and great for campfire cooking. Trees are thin on some sites for satellite users. Pool is small, but very clean. Fishing pond is nice and clean. This is the best campground Overall, I have ever been to and this will be my go to spot close to home. You must have a drivers license to drive a cart here and they will check and if you break the rules here they will make you leave. Garbage cans at every site that are emptied everyday. They have a playground as well for the kiddies... Huge spots. There is no trash laying around in this park, everything is very clean. Park is extremely quiet at night. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Road Train

The I-85 construction including the exits, makes going to this park's website for directions a must. Do not trust your GPS! The gravel road in the park is hard packed and level as well as the front pull-through sites which are quite long and wide. We had no problem leveling, setting up our 40ft Class A with 4 slides and awning. There was plenty of room for our toad to stay hooked up since we were only staying one night. There are no shade trees in this area which makes setting up your satellite easy. Along with the 50amp full hookups, you get a picnic table and fire ring. Bathroom, laundry and pool were all very clean and well maintained. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Sprint phone, hotspot and 3G worked well, did not use the park WiFi. Even though it is right off 85, there is no road noise. We would stay here again. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

shellqueen

After having to leave one park due to power issues, we drove two hours to this park and were pleasantly surprised by it's peaceful setting, inviting pool, and clean restrooms. It's close to the interstate and just perfect for a one night stop. Park is wooded with a nice walking trail. Owners are friendly and accommodating. We had a large pull-through site with a nice picnic table and good 50 amp service. We hope to return for a longer stay. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

montana10

Nice park with easy access to I-81 without a lot of interstate noise. It is just a 10 minute drive to Salisbury with good food and a few interesting sites to see. The downtown has some neat shops. The pull through sites were mostly wooded and very large and mostly level. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend a stay here-even for just overnight and back on the interstate. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Redlinez

Gravel roads, section B is on a hill. Most of the spots will require leveling blocks. The fishing pond is situated "outside" the park under some high voltage power lines. Great bathrooms and playground for younger children. Very nice and helpful owners. Best deal on firewood ever, a huge pile for $5. Still working on their game and fun room though. No store, but Walmarts are local. Country Roads RV is about 20-25 minutes away. Great power supply control, full hook ups. Full timers in section A. Highway 85 is only a few thousand feet away, but you really just hear the truck tire noise. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

A Chevalier

When I arrived, the check in lady was very friendly. I was impressed with the landscaping. The campground is well groomed. I was given a pull through, which was very nice since there was storms coming and I had to quick get set up. It stormed most of the day; therefore, the Wi-Fi didn't work the best, but still worked. I stayed in the A section, which was very wooded. The sites are very large throughout the campground. All the facilities look relatively new and are well kept. On my way out the check-in lady made a point to wave good bye to me. There was no lights in the a-section, which made walking my dog in the dark difficult; however, that is one's preference. The "new" fishing pond is very small. I didn't get to try it out since it was storming. I really enjoyed my visit and will be back. This is a small park,; however, they have nice facilities, nice playground and overall are very friendly. Of all the campgrounds in the Charlotte area that I have stayed in, this is one of my favorite. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

EdGuru

While the campground lists 55 sites, about half of them are for seasonal rentals. Sites in Section C, the pull through ones, are not shaded and nor level. In fact, the first site we were assigned was so unlevel we had to request another. While the pool is nicely equipped with furniture, its size is very small. Front desk staff efficient and pleasant. The Wi-Fi is very slow. Would use again, because of its proximity to activities we frequent. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Deniselg

This was a very nice, new park. We had good 50 amp service, water, and sewer. Price reflects the PPA price in cash. We called ahead as instructed and the nice lady gave us directions to the park because I-85 was under construction. When the new exit if finished this park is going to be very easy to enter, although we had no problem finding and driving to the park with the temporary instructions. We could hear traffic from I-85, when outside, but not inside. Staff were very nice and helpful. Had some issues with leveling the rig, but we could have requested a different site. We were in a pull-through and had plenty of room to keep the car hitched up. We will stay there again. We camped at Cross Winds Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Cross Winds Family Campground?