Lumberton, North Carolina

Saturday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Sunday: 8:30am - 7:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms yes
  • Bike Rentals Bike Rentals yes
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $36.00

Close to the interstate but no loud road noise to contend with. Our site was long and level which was ideal since we were not unhooking. Quiet at night was nice listening to the mockingbirds sing. Friendly and helpful staff. Will stay here again. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $43.00

Great for overnight stop! Owners above the top nice and helpful! You can see all the hard work they are doing to improve their park. Right now a complete rebuild of one restroom/shower building in progress. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

23 going - 22 back

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

Friendly host. Pull through that was long and flat. Obvious new work being done at the campground. Great spot for overnight. Easy access to I 95. Some interstate noise but did not bother us--and we are light sleepers. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

Friendly helpful staff. New owners. You can tell they are seriously remodeling the entire campground. The restrooms/showers were in the middle of being remodeled so not so nice yet. Clean air conditioned laundry. NICE. Well stocked store. Clean level sites. Good free WIFI. Great TV antenna reception. There was constant interstate noise but not to bad. It did not bother me. Great stop on the way to/back from Florida. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $36.00

New owners are renovating this campground. The pool wasn't open for the season yet, so no review there. The site we had was a pull through long enough for our 38' motor home and toad, without unhooking. We only stayed for an overnight stop, but would use this campground again. Some traffic noise from I-95, but not bad. The new owners are super. Very helpful and friendly. He guided us to the site and helped park us. And they live on site. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

The location is very inconvenient, even though once at the campground you are hearing and watching the trucks on I-95. You get off the exit, it is approx 3 miles of 2 lane road to end up on the outer road where the park is. We arrived about 10 minutes after the office closed and there was an envelope waiting for us. We started to go to the assigned site. A lady on a golf cart showed up stated she would take us to our assigned site. She proceeded to take us to a site that was flooded. I said no this is not acceptable when there are so many open sites, she said she could move us to the next site over which was not flooded. We pulled in the alternate site and she left. As we were setting up we realized we were put in a Buddy-Site and we were face to face with another travel trailer. Again, we wondered what was she thinking since there were MANY empty sites, we were tired and she was gone. We stayed 1 night. The picnic tables were rotted. There was no signage directing us to bathrooms so we used our RV shower and the water pressure was pathetic. From what we can tell, there is one dumpster we found the next day by accident (no signage). The view was a huge pile of a demolished building debris and a remote, vacant, industrial looking area. There is no fencing or foliage separating the KOA park from this debris. In the back corner near the nature walk there is a pile of debris consisting of RV steps, lattice, etc. The owner was very defensive the next morning when we asked any questions. She stated they are in the process of refurbishing the camp but we saw no evidence of anything being done at all, this was a weekday. I wish we would have read through the reviews. I feel it was very overpriced for the lack of amenities. I am amazed that KOA is allowing their name to be associated with this park. Even the sign out front was faded, chipped paint. We have been considering a KOA membership and am hopeful the next KOA will live up to its reputation. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $35.00

Although under remodeling it wasn't noticeable. Clean, flat sites, Staff was awesome with information about campground, food delivery, getting in and out of park. No cable BUT 30 channels on air atenna. Wifi was very good. Will stay again We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

25b
Asphalt, Grass

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $42.00

The owner was super friendly. Gave us information on a wonderful takeout/delivery restaurant we could use since we were not towing a car. Clean, clear sites.

Will make this one of our stops on the way home from Florida. Easy access off of 95. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

order from Zeno's for wonderful takeout/delivery when you pull in. Took about 45 minutes to deliver, but the Greek salad and the grilled shrimp salad was large and delicious. Thanks for the tip, Cindy/KOA owner.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $45.00

This campground is very convenient to the highway. Would recommend for a one night stop, but not really a destination campground. It needed some updating, but it looks like the owners are working hard to make it better. The sites were level and the bathrooms were very clean. There were storms in the area so we weren't able to use the pool, but it looked well taken care of and clean. The sites are very open. Hopefully their plans include planting some more trees to privatize the sites a little bit. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

Not much to do in the area so if you are planning to eat dinner out you'll want to do that before arriving here.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $34.00

This park is definitely in transition. They are a relatively new KOA (1 year old) and still are working on revitalizing the park. The spots are set up a bit old (with power/water/sewage) not really aligning to today's trailers. The spots were very flat and large - allowing for a great overnight pull through stop. There weren't that many amenities. You can tell the owner's are working on getting this park going. It looked like the kids playground was getting built, sites were getting redone, etc. The park is a no-frills, park and sleep location. Hopefully the owners continue to update and add some landscaping. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $35.00

This is an older park with improvements going on as we stayed the night. While next to the highway we had no noise issues. The reception we got was warm and friendly. The roads in the park could use some attention. The restrooms in the middle of the park were closed which wasn't an issue for us in the motorhome. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

Lumberton I-95 KOA, owner at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground responded to this review

Thank You for your review. Plans, goals & renovations are scheduled. We are committed to making this a top notch KOA, we are motivated toward excelence.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $40.00

Great park, easy on/off of both I95 and I75. Nice level, long pull thru sites, a lot of new stuff can be seen around the park. New owners who are doing a great job bringing it up to todays Rvers needs. Good wifi, no cable. Campground overall was very clean. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

San Jose is a great Mexican restaurant not to far away. generous portions and reasonable priced

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $39.00

Easy access off 95 or 74. We stayed two nights enroute from Fl.. Seems like most only stay one night, but we had friends who live local and had a planned visit. Park is very tired as noted, but they are making major infrastructure improvements, and I see this place turning from the caterpillar to the butterfly in short order. The owners are extremely pleasant and welcoming, and very willing to do whatever necessary to make your stay outstanding. I am new to KOA campgrounds and RV lifestyle, but came away very pleased with our stay. Nothing nearby so plan on driving to eat if needed. All pull thru sites are level, old blacktop. Grassy areas with small picnic tables. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Travel Trailer.

We needed dinner so used Yelp. Was extremely satisfied with Italian restaurant in Lumberton. Bit of a ride north on 95 after taking the 74 connection. Not too convenient. Worth the ride. It's in an Econo Lodge off the lobby, but the food and service were great. The name was Adelio's 3508 Kahn Drive. Second night: Ruby Tuesdays, same direction north 1/2 way to Lumberton.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $39.00

Very impressed with this KOA. The owners are so accommodating and have worked hard to beautify this campground. The sites are spacious, clean, and well-landscaped. There is a dog park which came in handy after 3 hours of traveling. The pool looks well-maintained although it wasn't opened at this time of year. Very easy access to the park from I-95. Also very easy to maneuver a 43 foot motorhome throughout the park. Picnic tables at all sites and the roads are all paved with stone. All the sites are pull-through. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $39.00

The new owners are doing a great job of updating/renovating this park plus they are very friendly. The improvements are still in progress so it will only get better. Our GPS took us right to the park, but the highway department installed a road sign that is misleading. The sign says the park is about 0.3 miles ahead but you first have to make a left turn onto the frontage road and then the park is about 0.3 miles. Park is close to the interstate so you will get some highway noise. We camped at Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Lumberton/I-95 KOA Campground?