Lumberton / I-95 KOA

Saturday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Sunday: 8:30am - 7:00pm

Hours above shown for Eastern Time Zone

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Lumberton / I-95 KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $49.00

Nice people. Escort to my site. some road noise but that's to be expected. The allure to this campground is it's proximity to I-95, and has a lot of oven night stays. I had a good site, #70, but my surge protector showed L-1/neutral switched. They didn't have anyone to fix it but had no problem to switch me to site 25. That's a pull through with a and b parking, so we had more than enough room. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $46.00

Staff was truly outstanding. They were very friendly, helpful and professional. Facilities were in excellent condition and the RV spots were very accommodating. No cable but we were not there to watch tv. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

There is an Italian Restaurant (Zeno's) that delivers to the grounds, excellent food.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

The staff made this an exceptionally good stop with their helpful, positive attitudes, efficiency and friendliness. This is an older park, but the new owners are working hard to improve it. The owner seems very committed to making it great, and it shows. Close to I-95, but noise was not bad. Great stop. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $49.00

Nice enough campground. Friendly owners. Close to I-95. Traffic noise not bad. The $49 a night rate is too rich for me. It isn't that deserving of the high price. No patio out your door steps but silty sand that gets tracked in the coach. Diesel/gas right down the road. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Sand

Featured Campgrounds Near Lumberton / I-95 KOA

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $44.00

Owners are very pleasant and lead you to your site. Park is continuously updated and it shows. Easy access to 95. Some highway noise, but almost non existent in the evening. Sites are level and long. Big rig friendly. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $46.00

Stopped for an overnight on way south and was so pleased we stayed again on the way north. As others stated, very close to the highway but the noise was not that bad. We had a different site each stay and both were pretty level and all hookups worked well. The restrooms were spotless and well designed when they were rebuilt. We also arrived after hours and everything we needed was waiting for us at the office door. I would definately stay here again. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $45.00

The campground became a KOA about a year ago, I believe, and was formerly known as Sleepy Bear. The location is right beside I-95 S so there is road, truck, motorcycle, loud car noise all night long. The spots are pull through some with 50 amp most with 30. There are water, sewer and elec at each site as well. They have been doing upgrades to the place and the shower in front building are nice and new with tile showers. They have a nice fire pit area with a new KOA themed metal burn area. We had several fires when there with our Piedmont Airstream CLub Unit 161 rally in March. KOA has several type of place this being called a "journey" park. Mainly for folks heading somewhere needing a place to stop for a day or two. Has a nice pool area, club house with meeting area, game table, kitchen area, and lots of tables and chairs to use. The owner are very nice and made sure we had everything for a smooth meeting. For me the price of the place was a bit more than I would have paid being so close to the interstate with all the noise but we noticed the place got a lot of traffic in the afternoon with only a few spots left. (we took up some 20 spots) The grounds show the age and lack of past care but that will change over time with the new management in place. The seem to care about the property and the folks that stop in for a night or three. If you are the KOA type and need a place to pull in for a couple night on the way somewhere this fills the bill. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

Couple of good stores in the area. Some low price fuel as well.. Use gasbuddy. phone app to find low cost fuel in the area you are in.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $44.00

Very pleasant RV park located convenient to I-95. Check in at the office with a camp store and gift shop was friendly and efficient and we were escorted to our site. Nearly all of the sites are FHU, pull-through, level, of various lengths, with 30 or 50 amps on gravel/dirt with grass in between. Some have well trimmed shade trees and others are open and satellite friendly. There is no cable but there are many OTA channels. The bathrooms/showers are modern, spacious and very clean, as is the large laundry room. There was a small dog park and green space around the park perimeter for walking a dog. Road noise was not a problem for us. Also, the Wifi worked well most of the time. This is a convenient and pleasant stop for an overnight but would be fine for a longer stay as well. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $41.00

A no frills KOA campground. Appears to be a lot of remodeling going on as the bathrooms were brand new and new electrical boxes thru out. You will hear the I95 noise but easy on - off makes up for this. My only complaint was with all the empty sites they assign us one that has sand and dirt instead of gravel and with the wet grounds we tracked mud in. Also the sewer top was missing so the smell became bad at times on the 2nd connection. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Sand

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $41.00

Great KOA located right off I-95. A little road noise, but nothing major. Great stopover. We ended up staying three nights due to a winter storm that changed our itinerary. Very pleasant new owners and work campers, eager to help out when asked. Lots of improvements being made. Pristine, large, updated bathrooms - better than any we've seen in our travels. Clean and ample laundry room. We had a large pull-thru site #25. We will return here in the future. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Grass

On a cold January day, we drove a little more than an hour to Sunset Beach. Beautiful musical sand and pretty shells.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $39.00

We only stayed overnight while traveling, but the campground was nice. Roads were easy to navigate, 60' paved pull-through site was just long enough for our motorhome and tow car (without disconnecting), decently wide and very level. Owner escorted us to our site. AT&T and Verizon worked, and the campground WiFi worked pretty well too (campground was half empty, which may have helped). There were a few trees here and there, but in general it was wide open. We had some noise from the interstate but it wasn't bad at all, and we were in one of the sites closest to the road. We'll stay here again when traveling through the area. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $42.00

This is a nice KOA conveniently located off I-95. You do hear road noise but it didn't bother us. Sites are mostly open, with few trees and are close together. We stayed in site 100. All sites appear to be gravel (some are gravel over older asphalt) and were level. Newer office/check-in area with good selection of supplies. One bathhouse was closed for remodeling and the other was brand new. The new bathhouse was spotlessly clean and well appointed, with four individual toilet areas (three with showers). Without question one of the nicest bathhouses I have ever seen. There was laundry on site consisting of four washers and four dryers which worked great. They sell propane on site and pick up your garbage daily. They do not have cable, but we were able to get 40 OTA channels so no big deal. KOA offers wifi, but we didn't use it. Verizon cell service worked great. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, going above and beyond when we had an issue with our power pedestal. Oddly, we did have a worker come to our site at 11:20 (just as we were about to hook up to our fifth wheel and leave) to remind us that checkout was at 11:30 and if we stayed past 12:30 we would be charged for another day. We would stay here again. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Walmart grocery store was 4 miles away. Walmart Supercenter was 6-7 miles away.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Our first visit. New owners have apparently made many improvements. The new bathroom building is beautiful and the 'family style' bathrooms are very nice. The clubhouse and other bathrooms are under renovation as well . The staff was most helpful and accommodating. The roads need work but I totally understand the need for prioritizing improvements needed. The campground is close to I95 but we heard little highway noise. We would return. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

There are many restaurants and stores in close proximity. One of the restaurants will deliver. Most fast food restaurants are within 5-6 miles. There is a local park that has a walking track as well as a riverwalk near the Lumber River. The campground is about 17 miles from the South Carolina border.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $36.00

We overnighted here on our way north. This is a terrific KOA, clean and a friendly staff. Internal roads were paved as were the sites. Pull-Thru was long enough to not have to disconnect my toad. Utilities were conveniently located and all worked well. I requested a SAT friendly site and this one was. This is a great overnite stop or place to stay if visiting the area. We will stay here again if in the area. This was Formally Sleepy Bear RV. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $36.00

One of owners checked us in and took us to our site. Very friendly and helpful. Lots of improvements being done as this appears to be an older park getting a remodel. Brand new bath house and super clean. Would stay here again on return to FL. We camped at Lumberton / I-95 KOA in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Lumberton / I-95 KOA

Are you affiliated with Lumberton / I-95 KOA ?