Jordan Dam RV Park

Recent Rate: $12 7/2013

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

These reviews are the opinion of an RVParkReviews’ member and not the views of

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $12.00

This is a small, very peaceful park; one of those parks you are comfortable in from the start. The tenants, owners, and park employees were nice and helpful. Many of the tenants are workers at the local nuclear plant, and generally stay a month-or-more. The $12 rate reflects the monthly rate. We were charged $25 extra for water usage because we had/used our own board washer and dryer. There are no pads or patios; something for which I lower my rating. Many of the lots are not completely level; I had my front wheels almost off the ground, but a park employee had a wooden step there almost before I shut my engine off. US-1 highway is close, but not a factor. I would recommend this park. We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2011 - $25.00

As others have noted, the owner of this campground is exceptionally nice. He was very distraught that we had to use a less attractive site because they were booked solid the day we arrived. We weren't nearly as upset about it as he was. The CG is in a rural setting surrounding a pond. The sites and roads are gravel; they are fairly narrow and had limited area for sitting outside. There are tall trees all around the CG, but no trees in the sites themselves; satellite TV reception should be easy from most sites. Verizon service was fairly strong. We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $30.00

It has been a pleasure staying at Jordan Dam RV Park. The grounds are very well maintained- grassy meadows, a new pond with a pier, big shady oaks and friendly people. The owners, are the most down-to-earth friendly hosts you will ever meet- they even helped us set up our camper! We have never experienced better service. We love the convenience to the lake and the quiet country setting. The sound of crickets and frogs are the perfect backdrop for an evening outside. We definitely have plans to return to this campground. In our opinion it is heads above the others in the area- just check it out for yourself and you'll see why. We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $10.00

We stayed here at the monthly rate. The park is used mostly for workers in the area and other long term stays. This is not the typical long stay "parking ground." The owners are on site at all times and the park is well kept and neat. The staff is friendly and will work with you to meet any needs you might have. There is a new expansion area that has just opened and has already been found. Anyone looking for a stop over in the area might check for availability prior to arrival. If you need an extended stay park, I would recommend this park without question. There are no bath or laundry facilities in the park. We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $25.00

What a beautiful RV park! Jordan Dam RV park is out in the country and is very quiet but yet only half a mile from Jordan's Lake Poe's Ridge Boating access/ramp. Jordan Dam RV Park is located just off US1 on Moncure School Rd about 25 miles south of Raleigh. The owners are some of the nicest people you will ever meet! They will help you get your RV in your site and even help you set everything up! I just recently attended the North Carolina RV Show in Raleigh and Jordan Dam RV Park had a booth set up there. I went over to talk to the owners and overheard several people thinking Jordan Dam RV Park was associated with the State Parks on Jordan Lake. I just want people to know that Jordan Dam RV Park is NOT associated with the State Parks on Jordan Lake. Jordan Dam RV Park does NOT have a gate that will be closed at a certain hour. Jordan Dam RV Park is a Privately family owned and operated RV Park. There are a couple more RV parks in the area. However, you can not miss Jordan Dam RV Park! There is a big beautiful Rock sign at the entrance and also a beautiful ole Red Barn you can see while traveling down the entry road. As I mentioned, the owners are the nicest people you will ever meet. Spring and Summer is just around the corner and the owners plant a garden for just the people staying in Jordan Dam RV Park to enjoy. I can not wait to have some of those home grown tomatoes! If you are looking a place to stay for a week-end or week or even a long term stay, I highly recommend and wouldn't choose any other RV Park. I have been staying at Jordan Dam RV Park going on 8 months. I work in the Raleigh/Cary area. We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gypsy Cat

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $11.00

This little gem of a campground is hidden away in the small town of artists called Moncure. I say hidden away only because UPS seems to have a heck of a time finding it even though there is a large, beautiful sign saying Jordan Dam RV Park right on Moncure School Rd. But I will get to that momentarily. I stayed here for 2 1/2 months while I worked in the area. First let me say that the owner, Jeff, and his father, Bobby, are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. The campground does not have an office so you will have to call Jeff to arrange for parking help when you arrive. If he cannot meet you upon your arrival, he will have his father, who lives in front of the campground, come to meet you and help you get set up. Trying to maneuver a large rig between all the trees takes some doing but if your follow their directions, they will get you in to your site no problem. Contrary to what the previous poster said, the sites are NOT all level. There is a definite slope to the campground but not to worry. They have plenty of 4X4 wooden beams that you can put under your jacks if they won't extend far enough. Also, there is only ONE pull through site and if you manage to get a big rig into it, you won't have room for your toad. I would guesstimate that anything longer than 34 feet probably won't fit into the pull-through site. There is no laundry facility for the campground (or in Moncure for that matter) and Jeff highly recommends you use the services of his sister-in-law who charges $1 per pound plus a $2-$4 pick-up and delivery charge. Your only other alternative is to drive 15 miles to Sanford or Pittsboro to use the laundry mat. If you have a washer/dryer in your rig, you are strongly discouraged from using it because the campground is on a septic system and it puts too much stress on the system. I consider the monthly rate of $325 for 50-amp to be just right for the size of the campground without the usual amenities (laundry/bathroom facilities). Supposedly there is now wi-fi but I didn't get the chance to check it out before I left. The campground is within a couple hundred feet of Hwy 1 and the road noise might be bothersome to some people during the day but the highway quiets down by late in the evening so getting sleep is not a problem. There is a garden that campers are allowed to use if you like fresh vegetables and the boat storage facilities are top notch. My only complaint about this campground is that getting your mail can be an adventure. Since there is no office, if you want mail delivery, you must pay for a post office box at the tiny Moncure post office. They charge $40 for 3 months minimum but will refund your money for any unused time. Package delivery by UPS and FedEX is chancy at best. Depends on which driver is out that day. You are allowed to use Bobby's address but even then they still have trouble finding Moncure School Road itself even though it ends right by the Citgo station in the middle of town. Jeff is looking into getting mailboxes installed for each campsite and this will eliminate much of the mail delivery problem. I definitely enjoyed my stay here and only left because my commute was getting too long. You have to be careful what you complain about because if it can be fixed, it will be instantly done. I mentioned that I didn't want to put my patio mat out because of the sharp gravel rocks and (POOF!) a pad magically appeared to put under my patio mat. I watched a new arrival set up and the man mentioned that he thought some tree limbs might prevent him opening his awning and (POOF!) the tree limbs were gone within minutes. A couple days before I left, UPS delivered one of my packages to the convenience store down my Hwy. 1, they tracked me down at the campground and called Jeff who went down there to fetch it for me while I was at work. (THANK-YOU!!!) Out of the four (yes FOUR) campgrounds in the Moncure area, this one should be your first choice. Dickens is only OK if you like staying in an open field, Cotton is OK if you don't mind being squeezed in beside trailers, and then there's the other one that I don't even know the name of over by the lake. If you go to any of these other three first, you're nuts. We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2009 - $25.00

This campground facility is heads above the rest! I can not compliment the owner enough on his exceptional customer satisfaction and attention to detail. From the moment we made our reservation, he accommodated every need: directions to the campground, meeting us upon arrival, helping us set up, assisting us with whatever we needed throughout our stay. The grounds are immaculately maintained: shade in the summer, beautiful fall leaves, level sites, convenient garbage collection, free Wi-Fi, laundry service, and a community garden the owner and his dad provided for all the campers to enjoy! This park is convenient to US1 which provided quick access to my husband's work in the Cary/ Apex/ Raleigh area. For over a year, our 5th Wheel was our home away from home here. I would choose no other campground above this one! We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2008 - $25.00

This is a newly opened RV Park Located in Central North Carolina just off US 1 in the community of Moncure. This RV Park is excellently maintained and very neat. The graveled sites are level and nestled in between some big beautiful oak trees. This RV Park is in close proximity of Apex, Raleigh, Research Triangle Park, Chapel Hill and Sanford. The following Industries are located between 10-15 minutes Park. Progress Energy's Shearon Harris Nuclear Plant, Uniboard, Caterpillar, Wyeth Pharmaceutical. Poe's Ridge boat ramp on Jordan Lake is located 1/2 mile from Park. Ray's Supermarket is located within walking distance for all your shopping and fuel needs. Laundry service is available. Trash is picked up daily. RV Park also has a boat storage facility located on site. RV park has plenty of shade and has plenty of room for privacy. This RV Park is a family operated Private RV park which was built in honor of the owner's handicap brother. If you are looking for a great place to stay, I highly recommend this Park. We have been here for 2 months and are still here. We camped at Jordan Dam RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Jordan Dam RV Park?