The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads

Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina

415 Wallace Fork Rd
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina 27870

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $45.00

I'm unsure how this place receives such rave reviews other than it's convenient for overnight travels with full hookups. We secured a site ahead of time and, upon arrival, decided we did not want a gravel site but rather a pad. Moving to a pad site we found out the 50 amp didn't work and 30 amp was blowing with just one AC unit. Although the office initially tried to help, they eventually told us we just had to move. When I went up to the office to ask if we could move over a few sites they said, "we are booked". The head guy gave me two options for moving and then, while we were working on the coach, the one site was taken. My husband eventually got the 30 amp to work but only to run one unit but we could live with that. Many longtime contractors at this place; not much room to walk a dog, trash on the ground, the pool was dark and green; basically this place needs some love. There is a small dog park but people refuse to pickup after their pups when it's convenient to do so and that's not the fault of the park but the fault of the people. It fit our immediate needs to camp while traveling north but we will not be back. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Motorhome.

D9

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $38.00

The staff was nice; however, the site was not satisfactory because it was not level and the water spigot was at ground level with no on/off handle. I had to use channel pliers to cut the water on and off. I called the office requesting a change in sites but was informed that there were no vacancies. I asked whether there was knowledge that this site was uneven and was told yes. I wish I had been informed about this prior to making payment and I could have made a decision one way or the other. We were a little startled when an orange cone was placed at the entrance to the site upon our arrival which raised a warning flag for us. Cable should be added to this site because it was the same price as the other sites with cable. I knew this when I made the reservation. The site should have been cleared of paper and other items such as a discarded water hose with a spigot. If I stayed here again, I would be more specific as to my requirements for a site. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Motorhome.

P40

There are many business and eating establishments at exit 173 off of I95 North.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

There had been a lot of rain, and the first site they gave us was flooded. I'm not complaining about that,; we ran through torrential rain on the way there. We were told to take one that wasn't, so we took our choice. There is no shade whatsoever here. The hookups are in the wrong places. If I wanted to hook up the holding tank, the end of the trailer would be out in the road even with both lengths of hose. As it was, we pulled up in the morning long enough to dump tanks. The water faucet is at the end of a hose that comes from a hole in the ground. I've never seen a hookup like that before in over 10,000 miles and 4 years of camping. The water itself was OK. I was glad to have a filter, just in case. There is a gas station real close to the park which is nice. Bottom Line: OK for a one night stand. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $30.00

Park is not easy access off 1-95. It might be close, but the winding and confusing roads make it difficult. We picked an express site and the cost was fair. The train that goes by starting at 5 AM was ridiculous. The blowing of the whistle that early was not very good. With the poor location to 95 and the train noise we would not stay here again. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $39.00

Park was clean. WiFi in the park was horrible. 6 minute YouTubes were impossible to view. Just as the days of hotels providing over-the-air television, the days of heavily throttled, unpredictable internet in campgrounds are over. We thought perhaps it was our computers, but almost every other camper we spoke to felt the same. If you require reliable internet, pick another park. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $22.00

Rate is based on Passport America but certainly not half price. The discount is $16.25 off a regular site which makes it about half price off of a premium site which you do not get. $1 surcharge for credit cards. That would be OK except the WiFi was not usable, strong signal but 'no internet access'. I even tried at 5:30 am the next day. Cable also was worthless. We used our antenna instead as the cable did not have NBC (or anything else that was worth watching). If you need to use the laundry then it is a good stop. But we will probably save our $22 and use a rest area or Walmart next time. Overall it is a nice place, but they need to keep things working better. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $35.00

This is a RV resort. Mainly for big rigs. We like to sit out and eat but the next rig was too close. The bathhouse was very clean and the showers were great. They have a pool. No shade anywhere. For an overnight it is great. If you like to stay in your RV then this would be great for you. I gave it a 6 only because they had no shade and I think the sites are too small. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $35.00

The park was very new, clean and had a nice pool, but beyond that was nothing special and was OK for overnight. The sewer hookup is toward the front of the site and our 20' hose would not reach it. I noticed almost no one was hooked up, probably for this reason. The one unit hooked up was using two long hoses connected together. Sites are gravel and ours required side-to-side leveling. All this was very annoying when you are hoping to pull in quickly for the night. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: November, 2009 - $21.00

This park has a long way to go to reach "resort" level. After being open 1-1/2 years there is still no pool or clubhouse. Paved, deluxe sites with cable are $42.50 and standard gravel sites with no cable are $33. The snowbird special is $25 if you arrive after 6pm and leave by 9am. We used Passport America and were charged 50% of the deluxe rate but given a standard gravel site. No problems with trees interfering with satellite because there are no trees. Sites nicely spaced with grass between, good voltage and water pressure, good Wi-Fi, clean, roads easy to maneuver. Close to I-95 but no real noise to bother you. Not a destination stop but good for overnight. Overpriced for a "resort". We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2009 - $29.00

This is a great new park that will continue to suffer some growing pains for the near future as it is very new and everything looks it. Some new additions have been made as some sites are now wired for cable TV. All the amenities that are there are fine and highly functional, but I did find the showers/bathrooms quite tight. In a few years the trees and shrubs will grow up and make it a cozy place, but for now it is still an excellent stopover that offers as much peace and tranquility as can be gotten within earshot of I-95. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $25.00

New campground, owners are most pleasant. Open field, gravel site. Nothing to do as there is no pool or activities available. No shade or views. I am sure things will change as they progress. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $29.00

This is a new campground with some facilities still under construction. I think, a little over priced for the current amenities provided. At the time we stayed, there was no laundry, no pool and unisex bathrooms. The sites are mostly long, level, straight gravel pull throughs with a picnic table on a concrete pad. The gravel access roads are wide enough to make access easy. The WIFI worked well at our site in the middle of the park. Landscaping is grass and low shrubs, no trees for shade. The park is convenient to I-95, but far enough that there is no highway noise. It is located near a entertainment complex used for concerts and other activities. The owner/operators are friendly and helpful. This park will only get better as the facilities are completed. We camped at The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads

Are you affiliated with The RV Resort at Carolina Crossroads ?