Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem

Latitude: 35.8663519993827

• Verizon Cellular Phone Providers
  • yes-lake Waterfront

Energizer

We were pleasantly surprised after reading the poor reviews. Staff were very nice and friendly. They were able to accommodate our 40' with toad easily and had a great pull through place. Nice patio furniture and a big fire pit. Due to time of year we didn't use the outdoor facilities but the park was a great find for us on our way south. Other park was unable to accommodate us with our size. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Motorhome.

stlmp

There were only a few transient spots in this park. It was full of people living full time. None of the spots were level and we had to unhook when we didn't want to. Wi-Fi did not work. Very narrow, winding roads. The pool was gigantic, and looked great, but it was raining the night we were there. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Fifth Wheel.

Mike1987

This park used to be a KOA, but now it is an independent. They have all facilities of a KOA, a fishing lake, and a large pool. All the interior roads are gravel and can be dusty. There are many permanent residents, but plenty of room for travelers. The staff leads you to your site and are helpful for things to do around the local area. We stayed here in a large 5th wheel and would stay here again when in the area. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Fifth Wheel.

joinpa

We stayed here for 1 week. It is an older campground and not a KOA campground any more. We were happy with the campground. It was very quiet during the week. No activities planned during the week but on the weekend they did have activities for children. Staff was friendly. Pool was very clean. Our site was a pull-through by the pond and had a nice deck for us to use. Bathhouses were nice, clean and well ventilated, with good lighting as was the laundry room. The down side is the Wi-Fi. It was very slow but the office did warn us about that on check-in. The cable was good. If you are looking for fancy this might not be your place. If you want quiet and laid back this is a good place for you. We would stay there again. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Fifth Wheel.

gc1966

I got last minute reservations so I can't complain much about the spot I got , but it was too small for my rig and too close to the neighbors. I was afraid to make a fire, it was so close. Pool is clean, but they must allow the public to pay to swim as all chairs are full with towels and people. Late night fireworks are tough on the dog. They have a few decent looking sites. It's overpriced for what you get here. Wi-Fi is extremely throttled to the point it's barely usable. The people seemed nice enough, but be careful here, you can really do some damage to your rig by dragging. I don't think I will come back. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Motorhome.

Cyclonic

As others have mentioned, this is a great campground if you are just passing through the area and need a place to stop the night. We arrived very late and I was surprised to find a very friendly gentleman waiting for us. He signed us in and guided us to our site, a pull through in a pretty much open field. We spent several days, visiting friends in the area, and all staff encounters were great, very nice people. The sites are mostly pull throughs in an open area. They are level, all have picnic tables, some have grills, but there are no fire rings and sites are close together. The highway is right next to the campground, and can be very noisy, though it did not bother us in the trailer with the A/C on. Bathhouses were nice, clean and well ventilated, with good lighting. The entire park was very clean and well kept. We would camp here again. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Travel Trailer.

eaglesfan

The only reason I can give this a 2 rating is because the pool and the area surrounding it is one of the best that I have seen for a KOA. The store and the area surrounding is old and out of date. The putt putt area has seen better days. Check in was satisfactory. We stayed in this campground a couple of years ago and was dismayed to see that nothing has been done to the campsites. We were assigned the very same one as before and leveling was very difficult. It was a pull through site and to get anywhere near level you have to place the RV at the edge of the parking pad. There are lots of tall trees so satellite access can be difficult. The interior roads are full of potholes and have deep long tracks made in them by rain runoff. OK for a one night stay but certainly not a destination for us. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Motorhome.

clogg

My kids love it here and we return for a few days each summer. The pool is large and clean, there is a jumping pillow, playground and Saturday activities planned. The "lake" is really a small pond and the sites that are considered lake front might be hard for a large motorhome but no problem for our 31 ft travel trailer. Owners are friendly and helpful, some permanent site need a lot of TLC but others are fine. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Travel Trailer.

Attila

This park is very steep. Sites are on tiers. Maneuverability could be very difficult due to trees. Interior roads are poorly graveled & steep. Not satellite friendly. Lake is more a holding pond. Fire ring on most sites. Our Patio site had wooden deck with wood bench table on it & were both unclean. Office staff /owner has poor attitude to paying customers, who have been long time KOA members. We were here one night. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Motorhome.

shw

We came here for the annual Statesville hot air balloon festival. It was pretty cool if you have never been to one. It was our first. We were going to camp at the I-77 KOA, but the reviews were pretty bad. This one was all right, but had some things that could have been better. Our site was a pull through, but on the way out we had to turn very sharp and the drivers side trailer tires had to go in a ditch. No damage but could have been better. I walked through the park and some of the campers looked abandoned in place. They didn't look dangerous, just unsightly. I walked through the bathhouse just to look, not very clean. Our site was 11. Some sites had a patio but not much space between sites. It was OK for 2 days. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Fifth Wheel.

Rachel D.

Pricing reflects KOA discount. We only stayed here overnight and didn’t get to check out all of the cool stuff this campground has to offer. They had hayrides in full swing when we arrived around 8pm, but the owners took the time to show us to our site. The site was large, level, and long enough for our motorhome plus toad. Our site also had a stone patio with a fire ring, patio table and chairs as well as bench. The patio was perfect for unwinding after a long day on the road. The restrooms and showers were large and clean and required a code to enter. By Quiet Time the hayrides were over, and a staff member was patrolling in a golf cart. We would definitely go back when we had more time to enjoy ourselves. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Motorhome.

clogg

We spent 4 days here over a weekend and loved it. They had some activities for the kids on Sat and the jumping pillow and pool was a big hit. The pool was well kept and clean. We didn't use the bath house but it has been newly updated and looked very nice. My only complaint, the pond needs a good clean up. The fishing was possible but your lines kept getting tangled from all the debris. A few of the sites could use a little TLC, but the one we were on was just fine. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Travel Trailer.

ladataonch

We spent Memorial Weekend 2011 here and loved it. They had activities each day, the owners/staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The grounds were well kept, sites clean and level. We had a wonderful stay here. We will be back. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Travel Trailer.

CMcgirr

I can't give this any better rating as the sites are not level and the pull-thru site that we had, we had to unhitch as it was so unlevel. The laundry was supposed to have 2 washers and 2 dryers, one was not working and was sitting outside and the one dryer had an out of order sign on it and then all of a sudden that disappears, but I was afraid to use it. The laundry was filthy, to say the least. We will not return there again. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Motorhome.

smile4me

Very quiet, very clean. Friendly staff. The restrooms were locked and we were given a code to enter the bathroom/shower room. Appeared that the restrooms were not open to the public while we were there. Would stay there again. We camped at Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem?