Statesville / I-77 KOA

Statesville, North Carolina

Recent Rate: $39 12/2014

• ATT, Verizon Cellular Phone Providers

KC8RXQ

It was very convenient to our son's home so we wanted to give it a try. Our site was a semi-level pull-through and we did fit, barely (40 ft. 5th wheel). The sites are close together and ours was dirt/grass/gravel but that's part of the atmosphere. The staff was nice and appeared to be very helpful. The overall appearance is OK, there are some long term residents, and a number of sites will require quite a bit of levelling so you may want to ask ahead of time for a level site, if one is available. We also ended up with a 30 Amp service which took a bit of getting used to - but we did OK. We did use the propane furnace to lighten the electric load.

We will probably use the campground again if we visit our son/family, and are travelling with the RV. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

lllkrob

Typical KOA, small sites, high prices. Gravel and dirt sites that were resonably level. All utilities work ok except wifi which was so slow it was unuseable. Cable service was analog with grainy picture. Traffic noise from I-95 was not very noticeable. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

Larry Jenkins

We were on our way home so based on RV Park Reviews recommendations we pulled in without a reservation for a one night stay. The husband and wife team were very helpful. We got a nice pull thru but it only had 30 amps which was OK for one night. Small but, very clean campground. About 50% of seasonal RV's. Some highway noise from I-77 but we slept through. We would stay here again for a short stay. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

THE DOC

All in all decent place. Staff friendly and helpful. WiFi and cable were good. Sites are a bit close together. Amenities were nice, and general store nice. Nice dog park. Very easy on off hwy with fuel station right by the park. Site not really level enough for me, and sewer location pretty far away. This was a pull through but barely accommodated our 36 feet with toad. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

utchaps

We stayed here 4 years ago and liked it enough to stay again on this trip. Sites are level, utilities including cable and WIFI worked well, park including restrooms/showers are nice and clean, friendly manager. Highway noise is there but didn't disturb my sleep any. You should be aware that the park was full the night we stayed and was mid week so I would suggest advanced reservations be made. I would stay again We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

mtngplnr

Very nice campsite, with level sites, full services, and conveniently located off the highway. Laundry facilities were excellent, and the staff were super friendly. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

bug512

We stayed here for one night while driving back home. While the staff was extremely friendly the campground is a little scary. Looks like some people have taken residence here for too long, some of the building are in need for repair and the sounds from the interstate are constant. We stayed on site #15 and noticed people sitting in the playground area drinking beer. Utilities worked fine and there is LTE service here from AT&T. This campground could be nicer if they removed some of the trailers they look like no one lives in them and cleaned up the buildings. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

snoopy216

Restrooms and showers were nice but not exciting. We had to park in a spot with water all around after a rain shower. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

Shirley and Bob

Campground is located just off I70 so there is traffic noise but it's not too bad. The pull-through site we stayed in was just adequate. Good location for visiting Nascar race shops. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

W Howard

Park is old and on a hill overlooking I-77 with access via a country road and a long private driveway. Pavement is need of attention. Our site was a pull-through, reasonably level dirt and mud covered (some grass/weeds) but no pad. High speed internet service is quickly throttled down to unusable. Adjacent to Interstate so some vehicle noise; otherwise quiet. Sewer connection diameter is larger than standard making it impossible to get a seal. Somewhat overpriced at $45 per night. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

popup

Arrived late evening and was met by staff. Registered and escorted to our site. Nice and easy. Level. Good, solid overnight stop for us. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

shenandoahvalley

As noted the 30 amp pull throughs were level side to side but required unhooking to level front to back. The road in and out requires some attention particularly in the dark as you appear to be heading down the entrance ramp to the interstate. OK for an overnight. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Travel Trailer.

2hams

We had a 30 amp W/E pull-through gravel site, level side to side but quite a slope toward the front, so even for one night had to unhook. The bathrooms and laundry were clean. The 50 amp FHU sites look nicer, but cost much more. Right next to the interstate so there is a lot of noise. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

TexanOne

A big rig can get in this park but it is a bit tight. We had to disconnect our tow. The park itself is well kept and the dog run in the back is great. There are quite a few permanents mixed in with the RV sites. Cabins looked nice. It is difficult to get back to I-77 especially if you are going south. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Motorhome.

Born2RV

Only stayed one night; goal was to get off the road and relax. Had 50amp, water, and sewer. Sprint cell phones and air card worked fine. Don't know about activities. Staff was friendly and knowledgable about the area. We camped at Statesville / I-77 KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Top Tips for this Campground

• This is NASCAR country so there are shows, museums and racing events. There's also fresh water fishing at Lake Norman, and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping too.

KC8RXQDecember 2014

Are you affiliated with Statesville / I-77 KOA?