Dan River Campground

Stoneville, North Carolina

Recent Rate: $32 10/2012

2RNs2go

Check in at 8pm (no late night entry) this is so owner can meet you and all people in your party for approval if not given you will be asked to leave and no refund is given, this may be done if your RV or your family does not meet his standards. Rude and hard to deal with, was not given Wi-Fi access code. Restrooms dirty with no toilet paper. Full timers that want you to park in certain areas. 50 amp is not advertised and was told he only gives it once approval is made by owner, does not advertise these sites or advise of them on reserve. I reserved online and was in shock when we arrived. Large trees so no line of site for TV (dish or direct) Hard to deal with so beware. Call first if this is a must. Charges extra for over 2 persons per RV, extra charge $6 pp. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

DXSMac

Just want a cheap and safe place to stay overnight? This works! A little off the beaten path, but it's cheap! The park even sells propane. After you check in, the road down to the camping sites is a bit steep, might want to unhook your toad if you have one. There is a swimming pool, but it was closed in the winter. I detected a Wi-Fi that required a code to use, didn't use it, as the office was closed by the time I figured out there was a Wi-Fi. It appears that this park caters to hunters in the fall and winter. There is a campground host. The host will bring the rule sheet to you after you set up. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

5th Wheelers

My wife and I enjoyed our stay here, but were a little disappointed that you could not see the river from any of the sites. You had to go down a small trail to see the water. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

n2lights

This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to post a negative review. We were in NC on vacation and decided to look around for a nice family campground while in the area of Winston Salem. Dan River campground seemed to look great from all the things we saw on the internet. We drove there without the trailer just to check it out. When I went to the office to ask if we could look around I was berated for driving too fast down the gravel entrance road. I was maybe going 15mph because it is a very bumpy, potholed, gravel road. I was told the speed limit is 10 mph throughout the park. I told them I never saw a sign and apologized. We then went into the park making sure we didn't exceed the 10 mph speed limit. It looked clean and well maintained so we decided to book 4 nights. On the way out we were again stopped by the manager, Glenn, who again bashed us about driving too fast. I told him I was driving 10 mph and asked if there was a sign I had missed at the top of the road when I came in. He said yes. Despite these 2 run ins we went back and got the camper and kids. Upon our return I noted that there is no speed limit sign at the top of the gravel road. It is at the end by the office. We checked in and set up camp and decided to let the kids go swimming in the rather small pool. We took 2 juices in plastic cups because we know you can't have glass at the pool. Glenn drives up and yells at us that there is no alcohol allowed at the pool. I told him we weren't drinking alcohol and he replied there is no drinking of any kind allowed at the pool despite the numerous cups beside pool chairs. He then accused us of moving the pool chairs around. After all this hassle by the management we left the pool, and the following morning left the campground. I can't really say much about the campground but the attitude of management is reason enough to avoid this campground. When I went to the office I was told by the employee that others had complained about Glenn's attitude and he was well aware of it. We spoke with several other campers and they were not happy either. One couple had been there 6 months for work and when the job got extended 2 weeks management made them pay full price for the additional 2 weeks. Have a heart! We camped at Dan River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

igor2brvn

Off beaten path so campground was quiet, less than 20 sites occupied and most of those were long term use. Upper level sites were gravel and level, we used sites 10 and 11. All sites were fairly well maintained, but the bathrooms are outdated and not well cleaned. Don't use the lower sites if rain is imminent, you'll contend with mud. Two pull-through sites are available. Hiking trails are available, OK but not great. Nice shelter for group functions. Campground is within walking distance of Dan River. We went there to tube the Dan, but management would not accommodate us since we had not made advance reservations to tube. We did not know this requirement until we arrived at the campground. Only thing we bought and the so-called camp store was ice. Super Wal-Mart is four miles from campground. We were here as three family units, so we have a good time even if parked in a corn field. May go back just to tube the Dan. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

wjordan

This is a small campground off the beaten path in Rockingham county. It is fairly well kept, though the 'office' isn't always staffed and isn't well stocked with supplies. The bath house was fairly clean. We will consider returning in the future We camped at Dan River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Dan River Campground?