Dan River Campground

Stoneville, North Carolina 27048

• Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Dan River Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

The owner of this campground has anger management issues. He made the stay uncomfortable and was rude to us. We left early and paid extra fees for many things. Too many rules, only allows 4 adults per stay and we have a 10 person camper. This owner talked down to us and made us feel so uncomfortable, we felt as though we had to walk on eggshells and stay inside our camper. Very sad visit. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

number 5

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $28.00

I really enjoyed Dan River Campground, where I stayed four nights in mid-July. Glen and Charlotte are conscientious hosts, and the property is well maintained. I stayed in an area (site 22) that had more the feel of a state park than an RV park - except with strong wifi, and a very pleasant pool. An unexpected bonus was tube-float on the Dan River, and getting picked up at my site! In my view, Dan River Campground is also a good value (ie, under $30). I hope this review is helpful. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $30.00

My experience at Camp Hill was perfect. The park is a very well kept park, clean and woodsy. Perfect setting.

It is obvious that the owner is on his game with keeping the park clean.

I look forward to staying there again on my way north soon.

The trails along the river were really beautiful.

This campground is easily on of my favorite for quiet and safe camping. My dog loved it too! :) :) We camped at Dan River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $32.00

Two-night stay. Roomy, privacy at site. Nice trees, pond, and trails. This is what camping is supposed to be like! Quiet! Well maintained. Beautiful flowering trees. Ahhhh! Would stay again and again. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

Great place to bring the family for river tubing, canoeing or kayaking.

Featured Campgrounds Near Dan River Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $31.00

This is a great little campground. Most of the sites are heavily treed, level, and shady. We stayed in space 10 which was close to the bathhouse and pool. Before entering the campground there is river tubing adventure that runs Wednesday - Sunday. Unfortunately, we were there on a Monday. We planned on staying one night, but decided to stay a second because the place was so pretty and serene. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $32.00

Check in at 8pm (no late night entry) this is so owner can meet you and all people in your party for approval if not given you will be asked to leave and no refund is given, this may be done if your RV or your family does not meet his standards. Rude and hard to deal with, was not given Wi-Fi access code. Restrooms dirty with no toilet paper. Full timers that want you to park in certain areas. 50 amp is not advertised and was told he only gives it once approval is made by owner, does not advertise these sites or advise of them on reserve. I reserved online and was in shock when we arrived. Large trees so no line of site for TV (dish or direct) Hard to deal with so beware. Call first if this is a must. Charges extra for over 2 persons per RV, extra charge $6 pp. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $26.00

Just want a cheap and safe place to stay overnight? This works! A little off the beaten path, but it's cheap! The park even sells propane. After you check in, the road down to the camping sites is a bit steep, might want to unhook your toad if you have one. There is a swimming pool, but it was closed in the winter. I detected a Wi-Fi that required a code to use, didn't use it, as the office was closed by the time I figured out there was a Wi-Fi. It appears that this park caters to hunters in the fall and winter. There is a campground host. The host will bring the rule sheet to you after you set up. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $35.00

My wife and I enjoyed our stay here, but were a little disappointed that you could not see the river from any of the sites. You had to go down a small trail to see the water. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $22.00

This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to post a negative review. We were in NC on vacation and decided to look around for a nice family campground while in the area of Winston Salem. Dan River campground seemed to look great from all the things we saw on the internet. We drove there without the trailer just to check it out. When I went to the office to ask if we could look around I was berated for driving too fast down the gravel entrance road. I was maybe going 15mph because it is a very bumpy, potholed, gravel road. I was told the speed limit is 10 mph throughout the park. I told them I never saw a sign and apologized. We then went into the park making sure we didn't exceed the 10 mph speed limit. It looked clean and well maintained so we decided to book 4 nights. On the way out we were again stopped by the manager, Glenn, who again bashed us about driving too fast. I told him I was driving 10 mph and asked if there was a sign I had missed at the top of the road when I came in. He said yes. Despite these 2 run ins we went back and got the camper and kids. Upon our return I noted that there is no speed limit sign at the top of the gravel road. It is at the end by the office. We checked in and set up camp and decided to let the kids go swimming in the rather small pool. We took 2 juices in plastic cups because we know you can't have glass at the pool. Glenn drives up and yells at us that there is no alcohol allowed at the pool. I told him we weren't drinking alcohol and he replied there is no drinking of any kind allowed at the pool despite the numerous cups beside pool chairs. He then accused us of moving the pool chairs around. After all this hassle by the management we left the pool, and the following morning left the campground. I can't really say much about the campground but the attitude of management is reason enough to avoid this campground. When I went to the office I was told by the employee that others had complained about Glenn's attitude and he was well aware of it. We spoke with several other campers and they were not happy either. One couple had been there 6 months for work and when the job got extended 2 weeks management made them pay full price for the additional 2 weeks. Have a heart! We camped at Dan River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $25.00

Off beaten path so campground was quiet, less than 20 sites occupied and most of those were long term use. Upper level sites were gravel and level, we used sites 10 and 11. All sites were fairly well maintained, but the bathrooms are outdated and not well cleaned. Don't use the lower sites if rain is imminent, you'll contend with mud. Two pull-through sites are available. Hiking trails are available, OK but not great. Nice shelter for group functions. Campground is within walking distance of Dan River. We went there to tube the Dan, but management would not accommodate us since we had not made advance reservations to tube. We did not know this requirement until we arrived at the campground. Only thing we bought and the so-called camp store was ice. Super Wal-Mart is four miles from campground. We were here as three family units, so we have a good time even if parked in a corn field. May go back just to tube the Dan. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $22.00

Small campsites, in a small area that is well off the beaten path. Playground was small, pool was small, bass pond was not very accessible.. Main entry looks very run down... Would not go back to camp again... We camped at Dan River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $22.00

The entrance to the campground is a rundown trailer and does not give a nice first impression. We booked 3 weeks in advance as a group of 3 trailers but we seemed to have the 3 worst sites in the campground. Our campsite was nothing but mud. I understand that the campground can't control weather but there were no rocks or grass on several sites which made for a very messy time. From the website, I was expecting a very family friendly campground but that just didn't transpire. I wouldn't go back again. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2006 - $22.00

Filthy bathrooms and unaccommodating management staff. I will not be returning to this campground. We camped at Dan River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2006 - $25.00

This is a small campground off the beaten path in Rockingham county. It is fairly well kept, though the 'office' isn't always staffed and isn't well stocked with supplies. The bath house was fairly clean. We will consider returning in the future We camped at Dan River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Dan River Campground

Are you affiliated with Dan River Campground ?