Rocky Water Campground

Topton, North Carolina

Recent Rate: $30 1/1970

• yes-river Waterfront

Motorhome Madness

We have stayed at the park previously and were satisfied. However, this year they have a
new grounds manager, and we had a very bad time with him. I made reservations early in June for 3 nights, one campsite, with the understanding that a tent could be put up on my site. They said no problem. I also told them that we had visitors stopping by and we were all rafting and again they said, no problem that each car would just need a visitors pass. Thursday comes, we check in, pay the rest of our fee's which start out at $30.00 a night and increase to $42 a night. My son checked in with his tent, paid his parking pass fee of $4 and the charged him $12 a night to camp in the tent on the site we already paid for. There were 3 other people joining my son in his tent and would have been charged the same fee as him, $12 a night also, which would mean they would be paying more for the tent then we did for the camper that was already paid for. Now the big trouble comes in when our visitors arrive. They paid their $4 each car fee, parked and the whole group left for a rafting trip. When we all returned, the grounds manager, who saw them all before we left, came to the site and asked how many people were at this site? I told him that only four were staying, the others were visitors and were gonna have lunch and go out on the river again. He demanded that they each pay $6 to stay on the premises. We thought this was outragous. He said it didn't matter that they all paid the parking pass, the extra fee was due now or we would all have to leave. He threatened us, spoke very poorly to us all, very disrespectufl and then radioed the front desk to call 911. I went to the office to get a refund, they said they would only refund the next two nights fees of $81.00, not the first nights of $42 that had already been charged. We started to pack up everything, take back the rafts we had rented for the day and had to find another camp for the night, it was already close to 4:00 pm and we were 5 hours away from home. To top it all off, while we were discussing the
situation with the owner, whom would not give me his full name, his dog jumped on the side of my son's BLAZER and scratched it. The man proceeded to tell
me he would do nothing about it. We have camped in many, many campgrounds, from east to west and north to south and have never been treated like this. What it all boiled down to is that they wanted more and more money from us and thought we would just fork it over but enough is enough. I would not reccommend this park to my worst enemy let alone a friend. I don't suggest you reccommend them either!!!! We camped at Rocky Water Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Motorhome Madness

If you like rafting on the Nantahala River, this is the place to be. Full hook-up sites are across the road from the river; river sites are electric only, but the view is worth it! We have stayed here for several years. Very nicely maintained, friendly people. They are only open mid-April to mid-September and the weekends in the middle of the summer are very busy. May is the time to go! Awesome mountain views and watching the rafters from your campsite is so much fun! We camped at Rocky Water Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Rocky Water Campground?