Kamper's Lodge Campground

Wilson, North Carolina

Recent Rate: $25 7/2014

Tallboy

Stayed one week. Price reflexes Passport America discount. First coming into park the road is paved with potholes. Escort to site with golf cart. Interior roads are gravel and sites are either paved or gravel/grass. Site was unlevel side to side 2 ½ inches. Some sites have trees, others not. Pool had a green tint to it. Excellent cable TV, and Wi-Fi worked great. Close to Highway 301, but didn't hear it. Does allow campfires. But had windows closed and A/C(s) on due to hot and humid weather. Easy in and out with a HDT and trailer (60 ft. combo). We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

hailchaser

We had a good stay at this park. Owners and workers are very nice. I give it an 8 because it is in the process of being updated. The owners are new (been there 3 years) and are constantly working on renovations. It looks like it's going to be very nice once they are finished! The front part of the park is nicer, as travelers stay there. The back side of the park has several permanent residents and run down campers, although the sites stay looking nice. We had some rudeness from one of the residents, however the owners profusely apologized and took care of the issue. They were super friendly and always helpful. I would stay here again. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Craig H

Great rate for FHU. Pads were level and some sites had great shade. Sites are kind of close but not sardines. Some sites in the back of the camp were old, run-down and dirty. The short-term area was clean. My 5 rating is due to the "work in progress" look of the overall place. There are piles of dirt, run-down buildings and a very gross pool. I'm willing to overlook some of the ongoing improvements but it doesn't look like new work, just continuing work that never gets done. They have a small grocery and tackle shop, but no fishing pond on the premises. There are 4 cute donkeys for the kids to pet. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

mrpeepers

I like this campground. The rate reflects a Passport America discount. We were greeted by Benji the dog, then his owner, and a staff member. We registered for the night. Very pleasant people. We were led to our site in a golf cart. The site is just long enough for our 36' RV and tow vehicle. It is so level that all we had to do was put the levels down far enough to touch the ground. The fire pits are made of rock instead of the usual metal ones. There are four donkeys in a corral. They're cute and will come over so you can pet them, but they actually only want you to feed them. We would definitely return. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Dave the Florida Gator

This is probably the friendliest park we stayed in. The ground is very sandy so we dragged a lot of that into the RV. Sites are fairly level. The miniature golf course was in good condition (unlike several other RV parks we stayed in.) Our only problem was that our GPS unit could not find the place, but that's not the park's fault. We never saw the donkeys advertised on their website. Now I feel like an ass! We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Tom Horgan

The rate reflects the Passport America discount which makes this friendly campground a steal. The staff advised us to ignore the GPS and provided excellent simple directions. An absolute must see when in Wilson is the Vollis Simpson Windmill Park downtown, which was our primary reason for visiting. We highly recommend this campground. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

scarpacci

A little bit of a drive off I-95 N, but worth it. The grounds were neatly trimmed. They appear to be sprucing up the grounds with shrubs and mulch. The sites are level. We opted for CATV for a couple of bucks more than the PA rate. I would recommend this CG. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

John1956

My wife and I enjoyed this campground. The owners were friendly. The campground was clean and well maintained. We were there for one night. The owner gave us suggestions on where to eat or have food delivered. We will stay here again. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Travel Trailer.

mobeale

This is one of the most pleasant RV campgrounds we have stayed in. The people are friendly and the spaces are extra wide. Internet works fine. It's also a short drive to Bill's Barbecue or Parker Brothers Barbecue (and other restaurants, of course). If you are traveling I-95 you'll actually save a few miles (some stop lights though) as I-95 arcs around the Wilson area. Highly recommended. Passport America rate is $17.50 Have stayed twice (and counting). We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Nana25K

This is a wonderful park. While it is 18 miles off I-95, RT 301 runs parallel so it really is not out of the way. This park has had new owners in the last 2 years and they are delightful & friendly. Working very hard to bring this park up to a great standard. Our site was level & very long. They even came to our site and picked up our propane tank, filled it and returned it to us so we did not need to unhook our rig. We spent one night and this was a Passport America rate We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

greenman60

Stopped at this CG in route to Myrtle Beach. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. Much effort has gone into upgrading the property. New electric, level lots, etc. Will go out of our way to stay there again. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Mielock

This park is coming into its own. The owner explained to me what he's done so far; and his ambitious future plans, which include some paving. Currently all roads and sites are gravel/dirt. The WiFi signal was fast and flawless, but the park was only 20% occupied. They charge an additional $4/night for cable hookup, which I declined since there was plenty of over-the-air stations. The bathroom are newly renovated, but I wish they wouldn't allow smoking in the restrooms since they're rather small. I have reservations to return to this campground and plan to more so in the future. Rate is PPA. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mielock

mickey2travel

Quiet, small, campground for an overnight stay. The management was very accommodating and escorted me to the nice, level, pull-through site. It is only about 18 miles off I-95 North (I was heading to Baltimore) and easy to find. If I am ever passing through again, I would definitively stay here. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

mammypeg

This park has just recently had new owners (who live on site). They are doing an immense amount of work. They have just installed cable at all of the sites. We stayed at Passport America rate. This park has all of the amenities including a concrete patio. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Kamper's Lodge Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Kamper's Lodge Campground?