Camp on the Heart

Dickinson, North Dakota

Recent Rate: $45 8/2013

• yes-river Waterfront

MsLucy

We stayed here because our grandson is permanently camped here - oil field work. Most of the sites are permanent. All dirt with no grass in the parking area. Rate was high, no discounts for anyone. With the oil workers, they can get that price. Owner was very nice, but we would not stay here again. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

gene a

This was a very adequate park for our purpose. W-Fi only around the office. Cable was out of service when we were here. Utilities have just been replaced in the last year or so. Only one site was available for overnight stays, as most sites are used by long-term workers. Anywhere in western North Dakota I would not plan on staying without calling ahead because of extremely high usage by oil field and construction workers. Park manager was very accommodating and helpful. The park was sold about a year ago which answers some of the previous comments. We stayed for three nights and would definitely stay again. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

Frank M

The campgrounds are a few miles out of town and it was quiet. There was plenty of grass and play areas for the kids. We stayed next to the river which was enjoyable. It was very nice and we would stay here again. The staff was friendly and helpful. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Travel Trailer.

Bill Thibadeau

Average facility. The WiFi was only functional at the deck adjacent to the office. Our 37' long fifth wheel and truck did not completely fit into the pull through site. Fortunately the sites are wide enough to allow us to park at a diagonal and make do. There is a RR track very close nearby with very loud trains that interrupted our sleep. The hosts were OK but not overly friendly. There was no escort to the site. The sewer connection drain holes are crushed 2 liter plastic pop bottles. Somewhat uneven sites. In a pinch stay here, but you might want to look elsewhere if you have the time. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Fifth Wheel.

Patster1234

Where to begin with this campground? The negatives far outweigh the positives. So the short list of positives. The place looks nice upon entering. The sites were level. The campground was quiet, with the exception of the trains. Cable TV worked well with about 80 channels to choose from. The negatives. There are many old rundown campers in the park. Advertise Wi-Fi but it does not work unless you go to the main building, in my opinion that is deceptive advertising. Bathrooms have no soap dispensers or paper towels or any method to wash and dry hands. Bathrooms have signs that say, “Do not plug in more than one hair blower at a time.” Sounds like an electrical deficiency to me. Sewers are capped off with an inverted liter soda bottle painted red, I wonder if that is compliant? And last but not least, the owner went absolutely ballistic on us because our dog got loose, running around the park with his leash dragging behind him. She came out to the balcony and was screaming at me. Luckily I could not hear her because it was quite windy. As my husband joined me she started yelling at him to get the dog. When he replied that it was an accident she screamed obscenities and proceeded to tell us how to properly attach a leash, with the dog at one end and the owner at the other end. I know we broke a rule, it was truly an accident and I believe we were treated terribly by this woman. Her rant was totally unacceptable and poor customer relations. She had no problem taking our money for 6 nights at $38 a night which I think to be very overpriced. Unfortunately the campgrounds are few and far between and we had no choice but to stay here, we were visiting our daughter and family who are residents of Dickinson. We would never return here. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

ssantow

This is a former KOA campground that is in desperate need of work. Office is dark and dingy and not at all inviting. The picnic tables were in such sad shape they would better serve as firewood. The one bright spot was that even though they do not advertise free cable TV, it was available if you had a 100 foot cord to reach it. It was not the worst overnight we have spent, but it was no where near worth the $53 for five people. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

capthowdy6

The park had potential to be much nicer than what it was. The restrooms and pool were clean, however the hook ups were on the wrong side, campers were stacked one after another and we could not put our awning out. Little to no grass and ant infested. It was fine for a night but with the price I expected a little more. The Wi-Fi only works right near the office. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Fifth Wheel.

Malee

A nice place for an overnight stop. The staff was friendly. The scenery along the river helped soften the railroad noise. Sites were gravel-grass. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

samandtheduck

Site was wide and level with grass. Campground was easy to find. Train tracks were really close and loud. We had couldn't get our SurgeGuard to stay on at the 50 amp connection so I took it out of the circuit (stupid me) and blew a ground fault breaker and a voltage monitor in the trailer. Air cond., fridge and water heater were not on electric so they were saved. It was to late to move so we just unplugged and moved to a 30 amp the next morning. I had no problems with the 30 amp and replaced the breaker for $42. The monitor is gone. I would stay again but I will never plug in without my SurgeGuard again. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Fifth Wheel.

leferen

This is a smaller RV park located on the Heart River. The park is modest, but clean and has a beautiful view due to being close to the river. All services were as advertised and worked well EXCEPT for the Wi-Fi. We were parked just a couple of spaces away from the office but signal was low and spotty -- very frustrating if you're relying on the internet for communication or work related issues. The managers were friendly and worked well with us on any questions or concerns. I would definitely recommend this park for an overnight or two (has level pull-thrus) but unless your computer connection isn't vital to you, I would not stay longer unless they fix this Wi-Fi issue in the near future. The area has all necessary shopping and gas stations. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Fifth Wheel.

CowgirlCreations

This is a Passport America park for a reduced rate. For what was paid, it was OK. Site had quite a slope. Park seems to be a bit run down. I would not pay full price. Dump station is in a strange location, making it difficult to get into. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Fifth Wheel.

dubandrose

Rates are $28.to $32. with 50% discount to Pass Port America members. We used the park 1 night in July 2006 & again in June 2008. It's a nice place for a stop over when traveling, but I didn't see any thing to make me want to stay longer. Not far off of I-94 - quite, with shade trees. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

Dream Hunters

Clean park with friendly staff that made sure we had a site with view of the sky for our Internet-Satellite dish. The sites were level and some are pull-thru. The roads through the campground were rather challenging for our MH with toad attached. On our site we could stay hooked up for our overnight stay, but many of the others would have been too short. We knew the river was close because we had an unobstructed view of the State Street Bridge. Campground was quiet during the day, but at night, State Street became a motorcycle dragway. That is not the campgrounds fault, but it made sitting out in the evening rather noisy and unpleasant. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

vlg2

A good overnight location about 5 hours from Minneapolis on I-94. Hookups can be a bit awkward since they are all to the rear of the sites. 50 amp sites are all back-ins so you will have to unhook your towed vehicle. Plenty of room to negotiate even for the largest rigs. I have a 45 foot coach with a towed vehicle and had no problems camping here. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

Jerry S

If all you want is full hookups and cable for the night, this park is OK. I agree with earlier review about the advertised pool. I had been here 3 years ago and the pool was out of service then. I had planned to stay several nights because I thought there was a pool, but left after one night. Half the sites are seasonal/resident/workers if that bothers you. We camped at Camp on the Heart in a Motorhome.

Wahweap RV and Campground

Page, Arizona

Railside RV Ranch

Williams, Arizona

Billings KOA

Billings, Montana

Countryside RV Park, LLC

Dillon, Montana

Are you affiliated with Camp on the Heart?