Hillsboro Campground and RV Park

Recent Rate: $20 8/2013

Longitude: -97.07102005159

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

Date of Stay: October, 2013

Stayed here for the beet harvest, so the site was free while we worked the harvest. First impression was "What did we get into?!" This place is run down and in serious need of repairs. Most sites are so small there is no room to park even one vehicle. When I stepped out my door I could actually touch my neighbors rig! Got 2 inches of rain 2 days before we were going to leave and had to stay an additional 2 days just so the ground dried up enough to get out of our site. Nothing but a big mud hole. Had electric issues (our whole row lost power) and when I notified the owner she acted like I should fix the problem, which I thought was really funny and told her that is not going to happen. I will stay in a rest area before I would stay here again. We camped at Hillsboro Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $20.00

My impression is that the owner of this park is trying to do too much. She not only checked me in but was cooking take out chicken dinners at the same time she was handling cash. I'd think twice about eating the food also since I didn't see her wash her hands after handling my money and then moving over to the food. The reason for my impression of their trying to do too much is we made a reservation at 1:30 PM the day of our stay for a site and were promised one. Upon arrival the owner realized that our site had been given away and offered us a spot out in the grass behind where farm machinery is stored. It did have electricity which in 90 degree heat in ND made things tolerable. The park has no litter however it is not especially tidy either. The swing set is a little rough and near the road in front of the campground. I would be afraid to leave my children alone on it. While the other guests seem nice enough they also seemed to be just as rough around the edges as their units. I didn't feel unsafe however. The sites (other then the grass ones where I was located) are gravel and all the interior roads are very dusty dirt. What gravel that was there is long gone. The park has the potential to be quite nice, however right now it's being ridden hard. We paid $20 for our site which is okay but no deal. If we had arrived earlier in the day we probably would have moved on. My guess is there are other parks that are as good or better for the money. We camped at Hillsboro Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $25.00

Nice large pull throughs, owner friendly but not there much as he works outside. Over all not bad. Had a little restaurant take out place for small food. Wasn't to bad. Could use some updating. We camped at Hillsboro Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $18.00

This park has a a number of long, level pullthrus. Good access from the freeway, and some traffic noise, but not as bad as we thought it would be. Friendly owner not always there. Sign in office said to pick a spot and he would be around later. Good wi-fi. Small rural town with friendly folks. I thought price was a good value. We would stay here again. We camped at Hillsboro Campground and RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $18.00

Nice one night stopper. Great owners Very close to freeway so noise can be a problem We camped at Hillsboro Campground and RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Hillsboro Campground and RV Park?