White Buffalo Campground

Elevation: 2082' (approx.)
  • Pets Allowed Pets Allowed no
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Showers Showers no

Ask fellow campers about "White Buffalo Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $30.00

Park is fine for a couple night stay if you can get past the fact that the fresh water spigot is located just inches above the open hole for your sewer dump. I used hand sanitizer on the spigot threads before hooking up and wore gloves to turn on the water. If you come here for a day or two, I'd recommend filling your fresh water tank before arriving. Also, be prepared for a unique process to check in. No reservations, just call 20 minutes before getting there so the 85 year old owner can meet you there to 'help' guide you into your site - she insists on this even though its relatively easy and her 'help' is anything but 'help'. Also be careful about low hanging branches. Most are avoidable. Site is dirt/grass - glad it wasn't rainy (don't think that is usually a problem here). No picnic table or fire pit. The rest of this review is simply for entertainment. After getting into our site, she gives my wife the following instructions: 1) Under that plastic garbage lid you will find the water and sewer (see comment above). Don't bitch - that's how we do things in North Dakota. 2) Don't call 911 or the police, I don't like the cops, you call me and I'll take care of any situation. 3) If you get in a fight with somebody, I'll decide who gets thrown out of the park. Pretty entertaining listening to this, but kinda got me concerned about what I was getting into. I talked with a long term renter to confirm there were no problems in the park (there weren't). The park is primarily occupied by long term renters working in the oil & gas industry. Nice folks and basically tidy lots. I would stay here again if staying only a night or two and if I filled my fresh water tank before arriving, although I might check out the city park just a block or two away. We camped at White Buffalo Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $25.00

This is the heart of the Bakkan oil basin. Most residents are long term residents. This park has successfully stayed open the several winters. For self contained rigs only. We camped at White Buffalo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $25.00

I am sorry to say I would never return to the campground again. The owner was very unfriendly. She yelled at me to help park the trailer when my husband does not expect me to. He is great at it alone. Told me if I was going to be in her park, I had to work. She knew we had the dog but threw us out 3 days later because of our dog, which did nothing. She also told us she had people that would pay her more for the spot. I wish it would have been better, because it is a nice looking park. We camped at White Buffalo Campground in a Travel Trailer.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $15.00

Friendly owner, helpful pointing out points of interests and local businesses. Very large lots with choice of shade or satellite friendly. Can walk to stores and diners with city street in front and farm in back. Lot's to see and do on day trips, prompting me to stop every summer. We camped at White Buffalo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near White Buffalo Campground

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $22.00

Friendly owner. Grassy sites with a few small trees. No cable and no TV off the antenna. Need satellite if staying here any length of time. Tons of mosquitos, the owner doesn't spray for them. We camped at White Buffalo Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $25.00

This campground was the most unpleasant experience that we have ever had while traveling around the country. The campground itself was clean but the sites were uneven. The owner shut the water off almost every night without warning, around 7pm and would knock on your door very early in the morning to give you instructions on what she wanted you to do for the day. There were very few people staying in the park at the time we were there and we felt as if we were being watched all the time. We even found the owner wandering around our camper in the evening, but we have no idea why? We will not stay there again, and would not recommend it to anyone. We camped at White Buffalo Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2005 - $10.00

This is a no frills campground perfectly suited for a day or two. No bathrooms, showers, or laundry but long pull-thru sites with easy access and very friendly people. Park is grassy and quiet but many sites slope from right to left a bit. We stayed a couple of nights while visiting the north unit of T. Roosevelt National Park and sitting out some thunderstorms and strong winds. It was perfect for that and we'd stay again under similar circumstances. Passport America park. We camped at White Buffalo Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near White Buffalo Campground

Are you affiliated with White Buffalo Campground ?