Loch Lomond RV Park

Recent Rate: $28 8/2015

Longitude: -64.2001533508301

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • yes-lake Waterfront Waterfront yes-lake

Maine-iacs

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

Older campground with narrow roads and narrow sites. We had a backin site and had difficulty getting in because the crushed stone pad is so narrow. Once set up there's a 10 inch drop off from the crushed stone to the grass area surrounding it. Staff is excellent and well informed about local activities. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Cabot trail is a must as is a walking tour of downtown Baddeck.

Byebob

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $33.00

I may be in the minority but I cannot give this site a positive review. It was very crowded with mainly full timers. The bathrooms were about the nicest I have seen in any campground - except for the sign on the wall that showers were $1.00 (Looney only, exact change needed). No where to get change - showers are in same building as the laundry but it didn't have a change machine either.

Internet was great! I was able to get on in record time, kicked off even faster! The longest I, or others could get on, was about 30 seconds. This is unacceptable in 2015.

Definitely would not stay there again or recommend it to others. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Motorhome.

Alworth

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $28.00

$37CDN = $28 U.S. when we were there. Nice level grass site near the office and entrance. The site was called pullthrough, but was on the very edge of a STEEP dropoff, looking out over the rest of the campground. A lovely view for the five nights we were here. To pull out I had to back the truck under the kingpin at a steep angle and snatch the trailer out. It worked, but not exactly what you normally think of as pullthrough.
All facilities are well maintained including a large playground with lots of kids.
We will stay here again. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

It is a long drive to the tide viewing site on the other side of the Bay of Fundy. Halifax or Cape Breton are doable as day trips. All services are available in Amherst.

User2828

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $38.00

Beautiful park. Level sites. Awesome sunsets over the lake. Highly recommend this campground. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Motorhome.

MDM

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $36.00

What's not to like! Took us less than 60 seconds to check in and get our site! We took a walk around and saw a very neat and tidy campground. The sites are very well maintained. The seasonal campers obviously take great pride in their campsites and the campground. We are not convinced the lake is for swimming but the pool is very nice. Will definitely return. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Andrew Hampson

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $35.00

This campground is less than two minutes off the 104 highway and less than five minutes to the shopping district in Amherst. The park is well kept, restrooms are very clean and appear very new. The only con I could find with this park was their reservation system is paper based, confusing and time consuming. It took about 15 minutes before they could find my reservation, flipping back and forth between pages which made no sense to me. In dire need of an electronic upgrade. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

VtLee

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $36.00

We stayed the night here and had no problems. WiFi worked well and there were brand new bathrooms, like your home bathroom with shower. The roads are paved and in great condition. Very few people in here this early in the season so I do not know how crowded the sites would be. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

slabman

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $35.00

Nice, family-oriented park, but I was extremely disappointed with the park's electrical service. Before hooking up and with NO load from my motorhome, the pedestal voltage only read 114 volts. After trying to turn on one A/C unit, it dropped to 102 volts! Needless to say, I could not use any A/C even though it was over 90 degrees inside the motorhome. We did get the microwave to work with a strange sound; not sure how much damage I did to it. I probably should have gone back up to the office to complain, but I had already been up there to get another site since the initial one was way too short for my 45 ft. motorhome. The owners were not the least bit friendly and didn't seem to care--just going through the motions. Would I stay here again? No way! We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Motorhome.

Pinkito

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $46.00

Very nice laid out park. Easy to get to off the trans Canada. No WiFi even near the transmitter. Bathrooms were fair to good enough, the park was pretty enough. Showers for 25 cents for 5 minutes were easy and efficient, 10 minutes was enough for us. Sites were quite tight, and without disconnecting, our truck stuck out into the lane about 3 feet or so. It would be ok for a destination campground with the pool and being kind of pretty. The seasonal camps occupy all of the lake front sites, but a small beach is accessible. Friendly management. We'd come back I guess, even for overnight. I guess I could recommend it. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Larry Hamblin

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $29.00

I would never stay nor would I ever recommend anyone to stay at this campground for the following reason, which I will elaborate on. When we arrived my wife was filling out the registration form and I told the lady we weren't sure if we would stay one or two nights. The lady behind the counter just continued to process the transaction as I passed her my VISA card and she promptly put it in the VISA machine and said that would be $32.77. I asked her if that included a discount for Good Sam. She said they don't take Good Sam but they do take CAA/AAA. I told her that I have my CAA card and she said its too late as the transaction was in progress through the VISA machine. I said that I would like her to cancel the transaction and re-process it with the 10% discount. She said she couldn't do that but if we decided to stay a 2nd night that she would discount both nights when I paid for the 2nd night. When I went back later that day the lady was not there and I dealt with someone else. When I told him that we would stay a 2nd night, I also told him that the lady told me that she would discount the 10% for both nights stay when I paid for the 2nd night. This guy said he wouldn't do this as management won't allow it. I was not amused at the attitude this guy had. I even sent a complaint to the email address listed on the web site that same day expressing my displeasure and I have received no reply. It is quite obvious that the owner(s) of this campground are more interested in $2.90 than keeping customers happy. This review is a heads up for anyone who chooses to stay at this campground that you should not hand your credit card over until you ask all questions. Most campground hosts ask if you have any camp cards that provide discounts but not this one. The owner(s) of Loch Lomond need to take a lesson(s) in "Customer Service". As a note on the campground, there are a large number of seasonals at this campground and the mosquitoes were ferocious. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Motorhome.

aries123

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $28.00

I am not sure if it was because if it was after the long weekend or not, but this place as a steal for the price. The cable TV included co-ax and there were no additional charges. Nice park overlooking a lake. Highly recommended. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Motorhome.

cht

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $29.00

This is a great little park. Well maintained. I have only one problem with the park. The owners are not really people friendly. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

wandrr

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $31.00

Pretty good park, with quite a few seasonal sites, and several set aside for transients. We will definitely stay again. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

wclogger1

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $28.00

Had a water/electric site, not much grass and red mud where there was no grass. The 3 way sites looked quite nice. Not particularly friendly at check in, I asked for a non serviced site,was told they didn't have anything suitable but there were other fivers in the tenting area the next a.m. WiFi was borderline. Washrooms were clean but could use some updating. Price paid was with tax. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

ctk3

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $28.00

We have been traveling for 3 months and this is by far the nicest park we've stayed in. I can not think of a negative comment other than there is highway noise, though not offensive (to us). People actually pick up after their dogs. And the Wi-Fi actually worked well regardless of the time of day/night used. The sites are large, full hookup has supplied cable for services, concrete patio. Very attractive location on a lake with sites on hills. Most parks this far north have charged a lot more for not as nice a place. No question we would stay here again. We camped at Loch Lomond RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Loch Lomond RV Park?