Cross Creek Camping Resort

Delaware, Ohio

3190 S Old State Rd
Delaware, Ohio 43015

Ask fellow campers about "Cross Creek Camping Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

Seems mostly permanent seasonal but all extremely well maintained, landscaped and clean. Nice and flat, minimal leveling needed, gravel. We had a nicely wooded site backing up against dense woods with a very nice "hiking" trail which was quite short but great for a good dog walk. We use our own wifi hotspotted off our cell phone booster so cannot say about wifi. Had to reposition a bit to align our roof Direct TV antenna but it worked. Sites a bit close but typical of a commercial CG. Our firepit was placed so far back we didn't use it. Other sites they looked well placed. We had wanted to stay at the nearby state parks but there were no full hookups available. We have family in the area and would stay here again. Nicely paved interior roads; well cropped trees; no worries for roof and sides of 37 ft MH. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $50.00

20 miles north of Columbus Ohio. A large park, near to a lake (but not on it). Otherwise not really near anything notable. Yet they come here in droves. Weekend in mid-Sept was packed with warriors. Sites are cramped but not sinking to "sardine" level. Sites are gravel, level-ish with hookups all over the place, some in middle, others in back. Saw one guy needing every inch of THREE sewer hoses to reach the connection. The roads are very narrow, and the sites are short, so folks have to park their toad angled in and there is very little maneuver room for new arrivals. Park has great amenities; pool, bathhouses, a general store. Pricey for value. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Columbus is a large, clean and spacey city. Great bike trail along the Olentangy river...we picked it up near Whetstone and did 9 miles, past Ohio State University, into Columbus where we had lunch at Candado Tacos. Very nice river trail in downtown. Columbus is a clean, modern and vibrant city with a lot going on. Had Sunday brunch at Milestone 229 overlooking the river; nice view and so-so food.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $50.00

Cross Creek is a real jewel. Not all sites are created equal, but 137 is an amazing pull through near the entrance with all the amenities you could ask for. There are tons of activities for the kids: pool, playground, jump pad, etc. Great customer service. I would stay here again and again. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

LRG

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $56.00

Yes, this place is clean but restrooms are not air-conditioned and RV spots are very close together. The pool was nice and cool but a ton of rules and regulations that seemed a little strict. Not much too do. We did discover a walking path within the park but that's it. Not sure how some of these RV parks win the awards that they do! We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Cross Creek Camping Resort

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $50.00

Same as other reviews. Nice park, nothing special. Bathrooms were OK, not great but OK. Site was open to sky for sat reception. Our assigned site of 125 did not have open sky and management was helpful is reassigning us to 127 which worked, slightly unlevel but workable. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

I understand that folks with kids and grandkids want a place that has plenty to do but it's just my husband and I and our three dogs. We need and prefer a large and more private location. Their sites are way too small and unless you're with a group, it's just way too crowded for us. They also do not take requested sites when reserving and maybe that's normal but I've never had that happen before. They were friendly, clean, quiet and convenient but we probably won't visit again. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Outer perimeter

Lots of things to do and see in the area. Farmers market just up the road, Alum Creek State Park, shopping and dining within reasonable distances.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

Overpriced. Unpaved sloping sites. Small dog park. Very smoke filled from mostly unattended campfires-not recommended for anyone with allergies or breathing problems. Clean grounds and shower/restrooms. Internet rarely worked. No cable. Pool was small for the number of sites. Charge for guests even if only on your rented site. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Obstacles

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $55.00

The park is older. We asked for a pull thru that was sat friendly for a 45 ft MH. They got us the pull thru and sat dish however it was very un level and I had to put 2x6's under the jacks and rear tires to even get close to level. It had a shared entrance, luckily, my neighbor pulled way forward or else I may not have gotten in. Will not stay here again. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

Very clean well maintained park with lots of kid activities. Lot of permanent / seasonal sites with golf cart use in abundance. Sites are grass with gravel parking. Weekend band playing at pavilion. Propane and firewood available with a well-stocked store. Free boat ramps nearby at State Park on Alum Creek Lake. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Lots of shopping 6 miles away on US 36 near Delaware.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

Beautifully landscaped high end resort across street from state park. Stores, restaurants nearby. Very attentive staff took particular care to make sure we had a couple of nominee sites with south exposure for satellite TV. drove around to inspect sites; some appeared not to be level. One we selected was fine. Showers had curtains, not doors. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $60.00

The rate is actually $59 during the week & $63 during the weekend, so I split the difference. We got a "big rig" site and it was beautiful, large, level, with a nice patio, lovely landscaping, nice shade tree, table and fire ring, right on the corner next to the office. Couldn't ask for a better site. No cable here, but good secure WiFi and ok over-air tv service. Nice and quiet and they had a number of ad/kid activities. All that said, very expensive. Had I known there was a state park right across the street, I would have gone there, I'm sure the price was probably half and we don't use all the "extras". We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Check out the American Whistle Factory!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $52.00

Had to make last minutes reservation, and person helped us find a pull through for only 3 nights even though they had a 4 night minimum for holiday weekends (We were not there on a weekend, but last night was Thursday, which was first night for 4 nighters). Park seems to have more permanents sites, some of which are very nice and some of which are getting junky. We had a problem with a nearby site blasting music most of the evening, talking loud, and singing. It did stop before 11PM but was annoying as we could even hear it over the TV in our coach. This went on each night. We spoke to a security person after the first night but nothing was done. I spoke to a person on the offending site but was ignored. This is against their rules as it is for most RV parks and is just basic camper consideration for your neighbors. We won't go back there since it is another park that has lots of rules that are not enforced. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $35.00

I stayed at this campground just for one night on my way from Michigan to North Carolina. This is a full-service, full amenities campground. There's a pool, I think there were tennis courts, play areas, a beautiful walking trail and a real check in building with some camping necessities and I believe even some light food. Check in was accommodating. They took me to my site and told me to let them know if I needed anything. The site was very unlevel so I called the office and asked if I could be moved to a more level site. Instead they came and helped me level my trailer. They said that of the sites that they had available that was about the best they could do. I did get an off-season discount of $35. This was higher than most of the places I stayed on my trip for off-season rates, but given what they had to offer and their overhead it was appropriate. They had full hook ups, as well as Wi-Fi. I think they had cable but I didn't use it. I was able to bring in lots of local channels. One of the things I like the best was their long nature walk. It goes into the woods around the campground, and was a good half hour walk and was a great start to the day before we got on the road again. The sites were very close together. It looked as though they were putting up a big Christmas display which made it kind of fun. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

This is a real nice park. Staff went way beyond good customer service. Even let us pick out our site. Nice large site - utilities worked well. Wifi was typically slow. Appears about half are permanent sites but are all nicely landscaped without all the "stuff" that you often see. Was nice and quiet too. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $38.00

Probably the nicest campground we have ever stayed in after nearly 40 years of RVing. It has won "National ARVC Campground of the Year" four times and it's easy to see why. Rural in nature, it has excellent wifi, over the air TV channels (about 15-20), well-maintained and plenty to do. If you're in this area, you won't be disappointed. We camped at Cross Creek Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Pavers

Columbus Zoo is probably the biggest attraction around. Never realized that Columbus is a city that is bigger than Cleveland, Cincinnati and even Louisville (although Louisville has a statisical area that is bigger). Beautiful lake nearby with all amenities (Lake Alum). Well stocked store and bicycle (both 2 and 4 wheel versions), golf cart rentals available. Plenty to do inside the campground.

Featured Campgrounds Near Cross Creek Camping Resort

Are you affiliated with Cross Creek Camping Resort ?