Kenisee Grand River Campground

4680 Route 307 East
Geneva, Ohio 44041

Elevation: 848' (approximate)
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

We were out in the "C" section. This is a field deep in the park. It was an 8 minute drive at 5 miles an hour to the entrance. We stayed off season so it was quiet, pool was closed. No WiFi. Very poor Verizon signal for both phone and WiFi. Very poor tv signal. Site was level. The grounds were nice, well kept and very large. The staff that worked there were very friendly. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

C30

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $34.00

Looked like a beautiful campground. BUT there is no satellite access. No cable TV and you can't get any local TV channels off your antenna.

Also, no Wi-Fi. We would not stay here again. It could be okay for overnight if you don't watch TV or need Wi-Fi.. Could not level even with 6 blocks under our jacks. Even with the blocks our wheels were 4" off the ground. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

3A

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $32.00

Beautiful park in quiet location, convenient to I-90 and Lake Erie. Well landscaped and very clean. Mostly seasonal spaces. Short-term spaces are all pull-through but not at all level front to back and some have trees to negotiate. We parked towards the back of our space and did okay. No antenna-tv reception. Must pay for wifi - $3/1 day, $5/2 days, etc. Also must pay to use AC. They do not allow electric heaters at all so beware in cool weather. The very long list of "DO NOTS" plus no tv and extra charges for wifi and AC irritated us so much we will look for another campground if back in the area. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Many wineries in area. Lake Erie "strip" is 8 miles north.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $35.00

We needed an overnight stop. This campground is close to the highway and quiet. We requested a pull through site and were assured they had one 100' long. Our site was long, however, it was definitely NOT level. We were just barely able to get out car into the site without unhooking (which we did not plan on doing just for one night) We were not able to really level our coach, but managed and were very glad to be staying one night. Almost all of this campground is seasonal sites. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Site 12

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $30.00

This campground was a nice little last minute find. We were originally planning to stay at another campground in the area because we wanted to be somewhere near Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but changed our minds and stopped at this one for two nights. There is easy access to the interstate and plenty of wineries in the area. The folks working in the office were all extremely nice and very helpful. The park is large with mostly seasonal sites, but it is well kept and landscaped. It was very quiet during our stay. There are a limited number of overnight sites. They are spacious with plenty of room between rigs, but it was tight getting into our site because of a tree and the sewer drop. Our site, along with other sites in our row, were not very level front to back. The landing gears on the front of our 5th wheel were on blocks and still extended quite a ways. On top of the nightly rate, you must pay $3 extra if you want to use your A/C, and must also pay for Wi-Fi (found this out during check-in). We escaped the A/C fee because the weather was nice and cool. Overall we liked this place and would definitely return if in the area. We would have given it a higher rating if not for the sites being unlevel and the additional charge for A/C and Wi-Fi. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $30.00

Beautiful large campground. Our RV pull through was not level at all. It was so uneven that our auto leveler on our 36' motor home would not level.) It was tight for us to pull into and I had to move the neighbor's picnic bench to fit our MH. Sites for motor homes are very close to each other. They say they have WiFi (which is important to me) but it is a $3.00 charge for 24 hours. Nice little lake and ponds to swim or fish in & a little sandy "beach" to sit on. The office store has some food, snacks & supplies for sale. We paid $30.00 per night with our Good Sam's discount (which is 10% off their rate) plus $3.00 charge to run our air conditioner and $3.00 for Wifi. I would have given this park 10 stars if the extras were not a $3.00 charge for each. Nice landscaping and they have a diner on the campground which has very limited hours. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $30.00

Nice campground at the end of a very narrow and long driveway. Over night area we were in was very un-level. Told on phone rate was $30 per night full hookup and WiFi. When we arrived it was $30 + $3 for A/C & $3 for Wifi! I don't appreciate being $3 to death!! We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $30.00

Sites were very un level. Jacks were on 2" blocks and Still couldn't get level Front wheels were off the ground. Very tight getting in. Tried 2 sites and could not get level. We got our money back and left. People were not very helpful. We have a 41' motor home and toad. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $30.00

Great place. Friendly with lots of fun things to do. Good, roomy, level sites with good electrical and water pressure. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $30.00

Long road back to office. They do accommodate 42' ft. Motorhomes, but, you really must be a better than average driver to get into the narrow lots. This is more of a seasonal camper spot than a overnight campground. It is a family operated business. The office people were very nice. One in particular seemed to be very happy and got happier as the evening went on to the point of hardly being able to function very well. We probably won't stay here again. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $27.00

Friendly staff, nicely kept grounds. My low rating due to inability to use internet at site, front to back of site was 4ft off making it difficult to impossible to level. Told it was the only nightly site left. Park is mainly for permanents and seasonals. I would stop again but only for an overnight certainly no longer. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $30.00

Every time we go to Geneva we try to stay at Kenisee campground. The grounds are well maintained, the toilets and showers are very neat and tidy, and the campers are friendly. Mostly quiet. As others have said they do only have only 12 pull-throughs for nightly and weekends, so you do have to make reservations in advance. Most people are seasonal and are very nice. The only thing that may be bothersome is that almost everyone drives around in a golf cart. This may take away from the camp atmosphere. Also, if you like to tent camp there is only one small area for primitive camping. There is a booth up front that lets people in and there is always not the friendliest person that greets people there. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2009 - $30.00

We stumbled on this park and liked it, although some of the earlier criticisms are true. On the good side, the grounds are beautiful, with several small lakes and a river. Every thing is clean, manicured, planted and pretty. There are only 12 overnight sites, as others have noted. And ours was so sloped that it was impossible to get the 5'er level. As a consequence, my wife had a tough time sleeping. We were treated with courtesy by staff and seasonal residents. The camp store was pretty good. We'd stay here again. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $30.00

The tenants of the park are not treated as customers. I was dumping my sewer tank at the dump station when the owner drove by on her cart with nose in air. Shortly after her husband arrived on his cart yelling at me asking how I got in here. You see I’m dark skinned and I get real dark in the summer, the camp is in the area of grape farms that use summer help. I can only assume that He thought I was from one of the farms. I explained that he had rented me a yearly lot and he went on yelling at me for the improper stacking of wood that had just been delivered to a different lot. Other treats of the camp ground is the pleasure of the owners dog that reeks so bad you can smell it in your trailer when he decides to lay in the shade on your lot. I am currently without my camper. I asked to have the dead trees on the lot topped in the spring of 2008 and again during the summer. I had the pleasure of finding one of the tree tops sticking out of the top of my trailer in March 2009 2 weeks after a large storm in the area. I paid for a year’s rental May 2008 thru May 2009 I removed my trailer in March to have the tree top removed and a new roof installed. I went to the camp site to remove some of belongings the first of April to find another camper setup on my site A25. I spoke to the Operator of the Campgrounds the owner’s son about getting my $100 deposited that was paid to hold the site for 2009-2010 seasons, since it was double rented. He said no problem call the campground a day in advance and he would have a check for me. I called and talked to the real Operator, the Daughter-in-law, and was told absolutely not that was part of my winter storage. I told her that Kurt had said I could get a refund and she hung up on me. There are a lot nicer and friendly, family campgrounds in the area. Overnighters can park at any of the large stations at US90 and SR45 Exit. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $27.00

Even though this is a Clean, well maintained campground with a beautiful swimming lake and the website lists 300 sites; what they fail to tell you is that only 12 of them are for short stays. Previous posts have had that number higher, but we were told by the girl at check-in they've got only 12 for overnighters now. The entire rest of the campground is seasonal and permanent sites. The sites for short stays are all pull throughs and fairly narrow, but have large trees amongst them for a fair amount of shade. The sites in single digits are the most level, although even those have a slight slope at both the front and back. The sites in the teens are worse. If you have a LONG rig (over 40 feet), I would not suggest this campground. For smaller rigs, this is a decent campground. We camped at Kenisee Grand River Campground in a Motorhome.

Geneva State Park

Alton RV Park

Galloway, Ohio

Willow Lake Campground

Geneva, Ohio

Are you affiliated with Kenisee Grand River Campground ?