Funny Farm Campgrounds

• Phone Phone ?
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Funny Farm Campgrounds" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $32.00

Pool is closed due to damage from extreme winter weather, and I could not receive a WiFi signal. Initial site assigned was much too small for our rig, so make sure to provide your rig length during the reservation process. Not many level sites in this park. It was quiet and relaxing, nice rolling terrain, lots of activities planned for kids. We probably will not return. We camped at Funny Farm Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $30.00

Loved it! Large park with nice trees and lots of green space. Pool and small lake for fishing with a swimming area roped off. Some small cabins for rent, small store, separate snack shack, and two separate play areas for kids. Friendly staff and owners. Will come back for sure. We have a 45' RV and had plenty of room. They are upgrading their sites and putting in more 50 amp service. We camped at Funny Farm Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $26.00

We chose this campground because it belongs to Passport America, so we only paid $13 per night plus tax. For us price is more important that amenities. But we liked this place because it was out of the way (about 5 miles from the interstate) and because it was so peaceful, though we did stay here during the week. Would have been nice to have a laundry. We camped at Funny Farm Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $26.00

I read the reviews, but the newest was three years old and I figured the campground would have taken the comments seriously; they didn't. For a "family friendly" campground I found some of the other campers were pretty loud and foul-mouthed, especially one unit camped right next to the pool. The dad was yelling four letter words at his kids. They have a pond and an algae covered lagoon; so there were quite a few mosquitoes. I asked for a site with water and electric, and fairly close to the bathrooms (health problem). I got put in between two permanently parked RV's; on a site that had a recent beer party if the beer bottle caps all over the ground were any hint. We had to clean these up so no one would get cut. Plus, the whole site smelled of vomit; someone apparently couldn't handle their beer. The picnic table was a splinter-generating nightmare, with warped seats and top. We put our tent near the edge of a cornfield as far from the smell as possible but even then it wasn't far enough away. The bathrooms had two, locker-room style showers for each gender; the shower curtains didn't even cover the doorways. The shower stalls were filthy, mildewed and stank. The toilets (3 in each bathroom) had overflowed at some point, the water was still on the floor (it was there when we arrived, and still there the morning we left). There was only one sink for the bathroom, with faucets you had to hold to keep them on. "Laundry" consisted of one washer and one dryer in a dark shed. I didn't even go in. Nothing cold was sold in the store; their coolers were torn apart and in pieces. There weren't many foodstuffs available at all, I was glad we stocked up before we arrived (this place is in the boonies, the nearest store is several miles away). I noticed RV supplies were in short supply too, but they had plenty of campground t-shirts and sweatshirts. They did have a Snack Shop open our last night but my son had to wait 40 minutes for his "personal" 4-slice pizza. The only thing going for it was the staff seemed friendly enough. One lady went out of her way to be welcoming; but she was older and was probably taught manners early in life. We won't stay here again. We camped at Funny Farm Campgrounds in a Tent.

Featured Campgrounds Near Funny Farm Campgrounds

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $25.00

Where to begin, this was actually our second trip to Funny Farm and again it was a horrible experience. Upon arrival the front desk personnel were unfriendly and did not seem like they wanted to help the customer. When the check-in was completed, I was not offered a map to my site until I asked; and again it seemed like I was putting the lady out. My site was surrounded by seasonal campers who's rigs were in disrepair and had their cars parked all over the place. My site was supposed to be a 30 amp site. The electrical box that supplied my site had 2 30 amp circuits and they were both taken; I had to stretch 2 extension cords over and hook up to another sites electrical. Now, that leads me to one of the big issues I have ranked this this a "1". We lost power at least every 30 minutes for the first two days. Finally on the second day the owner advised us that he thinks there is a bad breaker and that it will be replaced "tonight". The breaker was indeed replaced however it was not replaced until the next day. And the power continued to go out even after the circuit breaker was replaced. We lost water on Saturday morning and again on Sunday morning. The entire campground was without water for 30 minutes each day. There seemed to be 1 bath house to accommodate at least 100 sites and there was now pathway to the outhouse. The campers around us used our site as a thoroughfare. The dump station is is set up too narrow for some trailers. The swimming pool needed to be cleaned or shocked; the water was grey. I wouldn't put a toe in the swimming pond. To the defense of the campground, the grass was nice. We camped at Funny Farm Campgrounds in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Funny Farm Campgrounds

Are you affiliated with Funny Farm Campgrounds ?