Sandusky / Bayshore KOA

Sandusky, Ohio

Recent Rate: $42 10/2014

DavidKSmith

Just here overnight, but don't think that we would return. The only reason for that is that the sites are really, really narrow. Previous posters had said that, but I couldn't imagine that they were this narrow. Ours also had two trees at the entry, site 86, which could cause some problems. This site was also supposed to be satellite friendly, but the dome couldn't find a satellite after 10 minutes. Other than those complaints, there is nothing of substance to not recommend this place, It just isn't right for us. Staff was friendly, it's close to the end of their season, everything works well, just not right for us in the future. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

LRDavis

This was our first (and likely only) time at this campground. We chose this place because it offered a variety of cabins. We were hosting a family reunion here and some of our people were non-campers. I started calling on January 2, 2014. I was unable to make contact with anyone until February. My contact person, Patty, was helpful to a degree. I explained what I would need, and I felt relatively confident I would get it. Only after checking in did I realize I wasn't getting what I'd been promised. My people had been scattered to different areas in the campground rather than being across the street from my campsite. We had been given site 110. It had a large grassy area for overflow. I was told my group could use that area to spread out. Instead, all the cars for the park models across the street used it for parking. It made it difficult to have a fire or get chairs positioned for conversation. I expressed a complaint to the office and was told they would ask the other guests to move their cars. That never happened. Our personal site (110) was only workable because it faced the grassy area. Site 109 was occupied by a family member. Our slide outs hung into his grassy area quite a bit. He had very little room to spread out. All the parking pads could use some work. There were large depressions and chunked up areas. The cabins were pretty dingy. I was able to see inside 3 of them. The decor was in desperate need of updating. The family members occupying them indicated that the beds were very uncomfortable, the floors were so unclean that their feet were black after walking around barefooted, and that there was no kitchen table or chairs. There were 2 beat up stools in a cabin that was supposed to sleep up to 8 people. The linoleum in one cabin had a big tear. There appeared to be no real housekeeping crew other than a van with a couple girls in it that would go in the cabin with no visible cleaning supplies in hand, stay a couple minutes, and then leave. At no point did I ever see real cleaning going on. There is one large area that is nothing but seasonal campers. That area was super tight and looked really tacky. The pool area looked clean. The jumping pillow had weird hours of operation. There was a snack shack that we did not utilize. They are getting a hefty price for the place because it is in a large tourist area. The Lake Erie area is really beautiful and I will go there again, but I most likely would not stay at this KOA. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Macmarsh

We stayed at this park, over the Labor Day Weekend, mainly for a quick, close, getaway. It's an older park. The sites are small and crowded. We did have a tree though, which was nice. Our main issue was the site size. You could literally walk out of our trailer, take 5 steps, and touch our neighbors slide, which was over part of our patio. Don't think we will ever be back. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Travel Trailer.

theheils

This campground has all the amenities you'd expect in a KOA that keep families coming back. Everything from the jump pillow to pool and pancake breakfasts, this KOA has. The restrooms were always clean and well maintained, the staff both helpful, pleasant and efficient. The campground, however, lacked that camping ambiance, maybe because you are right on top of your neighbor. Where my patio ended, my neighbor's camper began giving the area between us the ambiance of an alleyway. If you're camping here with a group of friends or family, this may be what you're looking for. Otherwise you get the feeling that they are all about volume. For us, we used it for its proximity to Cedar Point (about 2 miles). We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Travel Trailer.

linway

We visited this campground the day after a rain. The sites are very close together and we had standing water on ours so that we had to jump puddles to get to our truck. Our fire ring was very close to the camper next to us and the fire ring belonging to the camper on the other side was extremely close to us! We were thankful it was too hot for a fire. Branches of tree got caught in one of our slides. Not worth the money we paid. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

jc29021

Pros: Clean showers, paved pads, full hookups, 1 mile from Cedar Point and Lake Erie. Cons: Back-In sites are listed as 40' in length, but are 30', some pads are not even wide enough to get tires on, nowhere to park tow vehicle, except in street. The sites are practically stacked on top of each other, less than 10' apart, closest I've ever seen, just enough room for your awning to come out, very weak Wi-Fi. Not a destination park, but OK for a couple of days to go sightseeing. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Travel Trailer.

BobbyH

Not the best experience, nor the worst. They had messed up our full hookup, back-in site reservation by assigning us to an electric only back-in site. That was caught at arrival, but resulted in us being assigned to a flood prone, full hookup back-in site. Set up in afternoon. That evening a heavy rain shower came in, including a tornado warning. Our site filled up with water that did not drain until next morning. Staff was friendly and accommodating and let us move to a nearby site the next morning that did not experience flooding during heavy rains. But, we had to move back to our original site for last night because that site was reserved for that night. Stayed 6 nights. About the campground. The good: Playground, pool, up-dated clean showers, close to Cedar Point and Sandusky. The bad: Close, crowded campsites; double train tracks very close to campground with trains passing at least every hour; small laundry room is not air conditioned. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

Ginacoco

All I can say is that there is a train that goes ALL NIGHT LONG, every hour and 45 minutes, through somewhere close to the park. A good night's sleep was impossible. The sites are slammed up against one another and the pool was murky. They were nice enough and our hook ups worked fine, but there was literally no room on either side of us, we were packed in like sardines. If I had to do it all over again, I would stay at Cedar Point itself. Not sure about their amenities, but there is no train to deal with and it is right at the park. Out of the 17 places we stayed during our excursion, this was the worst, by far. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

User483

Park is not top notch, on run down side. Old permanent trailers also bring the park down. Laundry room not cleaned on a daily or weekly basis. If ever. Blacktop on sites narrow and in need of repair. Extremely noisy train passes right by park blowing whistle at all hours especially during night: often. A lot of help but most sitting and chatting behind desk. Help oblivious to providing camper with nice site or understanding plain English on what you want. This park brings KOA endorsement down. Has to be something better in area. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Southwind04

OMG! the flying bugs, swarms and swarms: everywhere!. This is a nice looking park, relatively easy to get into, however, the place is FULL of water bugs/mosquitoes, etc. Unbelievable. Perhaps it is the time of year but really, couldn't wait to get out of here. The trains running near by do sound their horns as they go by, which does tend to wake you up. They have recently been trying to update according to a nice letter they included with registration package, just not sure what they are going to do about the flying insects. They are literally everywhere and in very large swarms. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

happyzinger

The campground is very conveniently located near Cedar Point and off of the highway. The grounds are very well kept. The pool and playground areas were clean and nice. There was a snack shack that had a nice selection. There was a jumping pillow. There was also a $1 per day per child charge to jump and a waiver needed to be signed. The pillow also closed for part of the afternoon. I only mention this because we have not encountered this before. There were crafts, activities, a movie and an ice cream social while we were there. We camped in a pull-through site that was plenty long, but narrow. The site was paved and level, as was the entire campground. There are a lot of tent sites. A lot. This campground was a bit noisier (campers) than we are used too. We had rather noisy tent campers across from us. Campers were constantly in and out of the campground. I think this may be due in part to the proximity to Cedar Point. You cannot hear Cedar Point, but we felt that most campers stayed here just to go to the Park or were passing through. All in all, it served its purpose well and we would probably stay there again. The reason we gave it a 7 is because of its transient nature. It is a nice, clean campground though. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Travel Trailer.

bjazz66

Camped at the Sandusky KOA during Fourth of July Weekend. I will never do this again. The campsites and grounds were too crowded and the restrooms were not clean. They should have people available round the clock to clean during holidays. On the positive side the grounds were level and Wi-Fi worked great. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

sadeestaxi

Pretty nice campground. We have camped here many times before, but this year there were lots of sites for seasonal people that are leaving less sites for people wanting to stay a few nights. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Restrooms/showers were clean, but not air conditioned so it was literally like taking a shower in a sauna. Large pool but we didn't get in it because it looked like it was green- probably needed to be shocked with chlorine. A little food shack is on site that serves pizza, hot dogs, etc. that was nice. Weekend activities for the kids and family but we didn't partake because we went to Cedar Point. Very close to Cedar Point and easy to get to- only 5 minutes away. A little on the pricey side, but still more affordable than the ridiculously overpriced Cedar Point campground. We will probably stay here again next summer while visiting Cedar Point. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

winniewego

THE WORST!! Noisy, packed together, barbed wire fence. We would NEVER stay here again. I would rather stay at Wal-Mart! We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

NewRV

I reserved a pull thru site, and even called to confirm that I would have a pull-thru. After being reassured that I would have a pull-thru, when I arrived they put me in a back-in. Had to park the trailer in the back of the park and unhook. All the sites are right up against each other and hard to get into. Had noisy neighbors. Had I known all this, I would have paid more to stay at a different park. Moved to a different park on last night. No LP for sale and staff was not helpful to find any. Not like any KOA I've stayed at. Do not recommend. We camped at Sandusky / Bayshore KOA in a Motorhome.

Milan Travel Park

Milan, Ohio

Back 40 Campground

Rushsylvania, Ohio

Crystal Rock Campground

Sandusky, Ohio

Are you affiliated with Sandusky / Bayshore KOA ?