Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA

Streetsboro, Ohio

Recent Rate: $48 8/2014

Latitude: 41.2399319569621

mtrumpet

Staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. Most sites are close together - typical for a KOA. Nice, newer pool. A lot of trees, so forget about satellite. They do have have cable, although the cable is actually just a feed off of their satellite (DirecTV). The signal is weak and out of the 56 or so channels being fed, many are snowy and weak and unable to be watched. Many of the sites we saw were very un-level, resulting in the front wheels of many of the rigs being off the ground. Our particular site was not bad. Water pressure was good, although occasionally it did go down to almost nothing for very short periods of time. No problem with the 50 amp power. We would likely return if coming back to the area. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

Bitzkoi

Not happy for two main reasons. First, most sites in the long term section are very unlevel. My RV is only 27', and I had to walk to six different sites before finding one that would work. Even then, my front wheels left the ground once I put my jacks down. Secondly, even though the website says they have cable, and I confirmed it when I made my reservation, it is not available in long term sites. I travel most of the year for work and always ask about cable and internet. Also, most of the staff is very young. While very pleasant, most of them could not answer a question or actually solve a problem without radioing for help. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

rwright946

Rustic setting; peaceful and quiet. Several new upgrades, including the swimming pool. Helpful and friendly staff. Will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

zrxh14

First of all this KOA is over 30 miles from Cleveland so I am wondering why they have Cleveland in their name. The park has narrow gravel/rock roads. We had a back-in site that had small rocks that pushed around when backing the trailer into the site. We got it fairly level and that was good enough since we were only here for 1 night. Water pressure was good but on the electric my EMS showed 113 volts on line 1 and 110 volts on line 2 on the 50 amp plug before I even plugged the trailer in. It seemed to work OK and the EMS didn’t shut us down but that is marginal voltage. Cable TV worked OK so we didn’t put up the satellite dish. I couldn’t connect to their Wi-Fi so we just used our MiFi. Dog park is way in the back of the park, like ¼ mile from our site. Lots of family camping here with lots of kids. There is a Shell station about 3 miles up the road and lots of eating places. The site slopes so bad that someone had put a piece of firewood on one side of the picnic table to level it. Half of the sites in the park are seasonal so they are catered to the most. We would have no reason to come back to this area. Just another overpriced and undervalued KOA. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

coloradodad

We stayed in this campground for several days while visiting the Cleveland/Canton area. We were in the back, behind some pine trees. While the area was great for peace and quiet, the Wi-Fi was terrible. We didn't use the pool, but it was open on the day after we arrived. We would stay here again if we visit Cleveland. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

Karen Hamm

Nice campground. Only a few miles from Cuyahoga Valley National Park, which is why we were there. Brand new swimming pool but you need to have a wrist band on at all times stating that you are staying there. A bit annoying. Little fishing pond. Overall, nice stay. would stay here again. Wi-Fi was very spotty and it was getting frustrating. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Travel Trailer.

DrLewie

This is a well-appointed, large KOA with long pull-through sites, some shaded and some open to the sky. Bath houses consist of individual, private full baths. Pool was being renovated when we were there, but no discount offered. Wi-Fi worked well, but the cable TV was awful. Channel selection was good, but picture quality on many channels was bad. In fact, we used our antenna to pick up local Cleveland stations which came in very well. Staff was friendly and helpful. There's a balance of seasonal guests and transients, but no issue there. There's a RR track very near the park, and one train horn blew in the middle of the night, and there were a couple of toots in the early morning. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

dbl4de3

Very nice campground. Everything clean and neat. Would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

FrankTX

Clean, large sites, but site I had was one of the most uneven I've ever used – had to use my full set of wheel ramp plates to level it. Staff showed me to my site, friendly check-in. Good Wi-Fi. Peaceful scenic area with a lake. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Bells

Like most KOAs, this was over-priced. Add insult to injury by charging $75 extra over holiday weekends: a rip off. Daily visitor fee too. Beautiful grassy grounds in the country, small rolling hills, quiet, gated entry, sites both wooded & open, most all with trees, and small lakes for swimming/fishing. Mostly paved roads but narrow & fair condition, marsh low-land areas can be very muddy along edges. Sites gravel w/grass, most not that level. Big rigs OK but need to trim back trees that scrape rigs. Roof satellite is problem at most sites because of trees, only a dozen sites OK for satellite reception. Has cable TV. Good Verizon, used our own internet, good 4G. Clean restrooms and laundry. Well-kept seasonals. Cabins, pavillions, game room, basketball court, playground, general store w/ice cream and fudge, weekend kid activities, and more. Good place for kids. Staff was very young, could only do basics but the owner was available and very helpful. Smoke from camp fires was a problem mostly on weekends, had to close up and run the AC. Country setting but major shopping and restaurants only 2-3 miles away. Checked out other campgrounds in area and this was best although there is not much to choose from. Would come here again because is convenient to visiting friends, but will choke on the price. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

axtoncampers

Narrow, gravel interior roads, fair shape. Gravel sites, close together, much leveling required. Escort to site. Trash pickup at site. No water or power issues. Office staff friendly, but they get that 'deer in the headlights' look if anything unusual occurs. With some work, this could be a much nicer place to stay. In its present condition, I believe it is not worth the price. Won't stay here again. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

TwoE's

This park is nicely laid out, but needs some work. The interior roads are extremely narrow. Two cars cannot pass much less two large RV's. Perhaps a one-way traffic pattern would help but since the sites aren't all entered from the same direction, I don't know if that is feasible. As previously mentioned, the park is surrounded by wetlands (swamp) and the grassy areas were extremely waterlogged and muddy. We paid $20 extra for a pull thru site that was quite long and graveled, but very narrow and terribly uneven. We were unable to adequately level our coach and I saw more than one that had one end or the other completely off the ground so seems to be a problem throughout. Staff was friendly but seemed confused. We wanted to get propane upon leaving and were first told we'd have to pre-pay. When I returned to do that after checking on the size of our tank I was told to pay after it was filled. Pretty park and fine for a couple days, but don't think I'd want to be here long term...especially during mosquito season. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

BobbyH

Camped here for 9 nights. Daily rates vary based on day of week. 10% discount if you have a KOA membership. The $43 rate is without a discount and for a weeknight. We like this campground when staying in the Cleveland area. It has individual shower rooms (separate locking doors) that are kept clean. We camp in a 31 foot class C motorhome, towing a small car. Have camped here for multiple days in 2012. Having full hookups, and being in a fairly quiet area (turnpike is at least 1 mile away), makes it convenient. There is a train spur to a manufacturing area at least 1/2 mile away that results in a train horn a few times during the day at the road crossing 1/2 mile from the campground. Did not hear any trains at night. Other recent reviewer complained about the swampy grass. June has been a particularly rainy season for most of the eastern USA, so one must expect waterlogged lawns. The campground was adding gravel to its internal roads while we were there to solve obvious water problems. Many of the sites had been raised with gravel since last year, so the grass area had water after heavy rains, but the parking areas for the camper and toad were higher than the water and you could reach your camper without walking in the wet grass. The only complaint I have is that many of the workers are high school or college kids. Some of them need better training. On check-in, the girl checking me in did not know how to cash in my KOA reward points for credit. I could not catch the manager in the office on 3 different days, to get my credit. I did accomplish a credit when I extended my stay by 1 day. The young lady working the office that day knew how to cash in my reward points. There are two women who are listed as the campground managers. I never saw them, though they may have been at the Saturday pancake breakfast which I did not attend this year. Will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

kayteebee6

This camp is clean and well maintained. Sites are close together and lanes leading to sites are very narrow. Area was ringed by wetlands and did not drain well after rain. Staff was very pleasant. Fall foliage was gorgeous. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Motorhome.

Nana2

This is easy enough to find with good access roads. Our check in was friendly, and we had our choice of several sites. We requested a back in, but the gravel was so narrow that we couldn't open our slide without hitting the electric box. The grass was so soft and muddy we dared not get off it. We had to pay extra for a pull through which was mostly level. Most back ins were too small for big rigs.. Cable and Verizon worked fine. They advertised Wi-Fi, but there was no signal across from the bathhouse. From others comments, it looks like it has been out for a while. If it doesn't work, don't advertise it! We did have a picnic table at our site. Individual bathroom/showers were muddy due to rain, but otherwise clean. The vent did not work, so it was very humid. Water pressure is low. There were activities for kids and many store items. They do have recycling, and trash was picked up at our site by 10AM. It is very quiet. We camped at Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Streetsboro / Cleveland SE KOA?