Tree Haven Campground

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Tree Haven Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

This park is little more than a farmer's field with some gravel spread here and there. The sites are less than adequate for a larger unit. Our 40' fifth wheel took the entire site and left little room for our truck. On day one I was told to park my truck on the side of the site next to the pedestal (4x4 in the ground). The first night that area became a pool of about 6" of water. On day 2 I was told to park across the site in front of our trailer. That supposedly caused a 45' motorhome to get stuck in the mud. On day 3 I was told to park at the rear of my coach. That blocked access for other travelers to get to their sites without becoming mired in the mud which was everywhere. Finally, I parked next to the coach (very close) so that I couldn't use the picnic table (not that I would...it was very dirty). There is no sewer connection except for gray water. We were told the gray water is dumped in the adjacent farm field. The electrical service is deficient to say the least. I was getting low voltage alarms for the entire 10 days we stayed there. On 2 occasions, my batteries were completely depleted so we sat in the dark. My power monitor was showing less than 90 volts most of the time. The management/owner is rude...but maybe that's just his way. We would not stay here again on a bet. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

C9
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Kroger, fuel, fast food 6.7 miles away in New Albany. Best tip - don't stay here unless you absolutely have no choice.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

The park is a bit difficult to get to but is a very attractive park when you do with many large trees and lots of shade. Sites in the heavy timber have gravel pads with very little grass, due to the lack of sun but are nice on warm days. Overnight sites are pull through with easy access, gravel pads that are close to level. Nice swimming pool, very quiet and friendly. We were happy that we found this out of the way park and will go back if we travel that way again. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Park is several miles from any towns or businesses.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $38.00

We had reservations and arrived in the evening after the office had closed, but an escort met us at the entry gate and took us to our site. The pull through site was large enough for our 40' rig and tow vehicle, and was fairly level when we pulled in. It was mostly grass though, so we were not level by morning. The park could use an upgrade as there were a lot of sites with tall grass and weeds. Many of the seasonal sites were pretty old and not kept well while others were very nice. There is plenty of shade and mature trees. I think the park owner relies on volunteer campers to help maintain it, but there is potential here to make this an outstanding campground. It was very quiet and peaceful which is what we were looking for. The people were extremely friendly and accommodating. We don't usually come this direction, but I would stay here again if we are back in the area. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $19.00

Nice modest, quiet park with pretty farm surroundings. Park Manager was very accommodating, friendly staff. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Motorhome.

Sunny Open, Some Shade, Covered Forested

Featured Campgrounds Near Tree Haven Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $27.00

This is a nice campground surrounded by corn fields. Many trees fill the campground, which provide much shade. We were welcomed by friendly staff. Verizon phones were able to get a strong 4g signal. Good Wi-Fi when working, but not a reliable service. Campground is about 10 min. from major highway. Park allowed mail/package delivery. Many campers were long term, and these RV’s appeared really rough, which presented a negative look on the park. Buildings and campsites can use much TLC. If you pick a site without full dump service, a wagon comes around on Wednesday’s to empty your tanks at no charge. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $27.00

This is a nice country RV park half of which is tucked in the woods and the other half surrounded by cornfield with a few trees. The transient part is out front in the field. There are 14 pull through sites a couple of which are 50 amp. Narrow but long and level. During our stay there were only 4 other campers so it was quiet and peaceful. The owner is nice. Facilities are somewhat rustic but clean. Small pool. They do not accept credit cards. Cash and check only but the price was right. This is about 4 miles off a major road but easily accessible. We liked it. Would definitely stay here again. Just a basic no frills park. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2009 - $33.00

Tree Haven is a nice, clean campground. Large lots, 50amp available. The staff was friendly and helpful. We use the facilities in our coach so I don't know about the park facilities. Lots were clean and kept trimmed. Free WI-FI is nice. When checking in we found there was free coffee and popcorn in the office. Overall, nice family campground...and also quiet. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $25.00

This campground has many permanent residence with a few sites available for travelers. I agree with everything the previous posts stated about the attitudes of the owners. Baths and showers were not bad (sign inside states to keep showers to 5 minutes). We decided to tent camp for a change and the corner site they gave us was great. They have a variety of extra charges, so read them carefully ($5/day for AC or electric heater use). Overall, not a bad experience. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Tent.

Date of Stay: June, 2008 - $30.00

Mostly permanents here when we were here in June 08. Narrow inside roads and trees were not trimmed for big rigs. People are nice enough. Wi-Fi is free. Laundry is one washer, one dryer. $1.50 ea. Pay at the office. Not much to do here and it is pretty far off the main roads. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2005 - $20.00

My wife and I drove though this campground on 9/7/2005 to check it out since it was only 7 miles from my house. We passed an entrance sign that stated vehicles need to stop if checking in. We cruised through the front entrance slowly not seeing anyone in plain sight, we werent checking in - just briefly looking around. About 5 minutes later I spot an obese 60-something year old woman hauling a$$ in a golf cart behind us emphatically waving her fists. I stoppped thinking that I must have run someones dog over or something. She proceeded to read me the riot act for not stopping and checking in at the front desk. I apologized and told her I must have mis-understood the sign and that we weren't actually staying, but just passing through to evaluate the grounds. She said she didnt care and ordered me to turn around and follow her back. Once all the way back to the entrance, she immediately turned around and said "OK go look", leaving me to wonder what the point was of returning. I asked her if she had a map of the campground and she replied "not a chance". Not sure what that meant but we proceeded back into the campground. My wife judges the quality of a campground by the cleanliness of the bathrooms, and when I let her out to investigate, she returned with a disgusted look on her face holding her nose told me "theres no possible way". Not sure whats going on with this campground but the ownership is fairly rude, and the campground and facilities were not very clean. I would definitely recommend finding another campground in the area and save yourself the pure agony. We camped at Tree Haven Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Tree Haven Campground

Are you affiliated with Tree Haven Campground ?