Big Bend COE

Longitude: -98.61907

• Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Big Bend COE" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $10.00

I am new to this site and getting into RVing but I grew up in this campground and all around Canton Lake. It was the place to go with my grandparents, and Big Bend was where we stayed 90% of the time. The lake has been down in the past years due to OKC using the water and a drought but it is now over full. We never had any issue going here and always enjoyed the walk up to the top of the hill to the shower house, it meant having to take a shower and getting to play on the playground.

Also, the gas station at the top of the hill before you enter the park was always a good place to go for a cheeseburger!! I am not in my late 30's and can't wait to get our first family camper and head here with my young family!

The Cons- I rated it a 8 overall because there is always room to get better. I don't believe there is any WiFi but when I am out at the lake, I would prefer to disconnect with the world. As this area is prone to storms, it would be nice if there were storm shelters near by but I know people in the past on the Canadian side used the hardened bathroom/shower houses. The shower house on Big Bend has an open roof in some places. When there was really bad weather approaching that could produce a tornado we always drove into the town of Canton and went to a church basement.

I hope this helps, as I do love this place of the world. The price above was just a guess as my grandparents always payed the bill and the last five years or so worked in the summer picking up tree limbs and flipping signs posts. We camped at Big Bend COE in a Fifth Wheel.

HDT

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $11.00

Rate reflects Golden Age pass. The park itself is very nice, although it appears to be an older COE park. I'm basing this on the narrower roads than in many other COE parks, and the older restrooms and shower facilities. The entrance into the park itself is narrow, and the 4 miles of county road leading to the park is VERY narrow with patches and no shoulder. Parking pads themselves are narrow, though many are quite long. The biggest problem for us were the low-hanging tree limbs. At 13'6", we could only clear less than a dozen. Long rigs will also have a bit of an issue backing into the sites, which are also narrow. This is probably normally a very busy lake in the summer; this year the lake is down a ways, so there were quite a few available -- just few we could get into. Due to the low limbs and bad road coming in, we probably wouldn't stay here again. We camped at Big Bend COE in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $11.00

Nice clean & quiet campground. Sites were spacious with large space between campsites. Ours had enough room for a tent. This was our first time here. We stayed 4 nights & would return again. We camped at Big Bend COE in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $9.00

The park is well maintained COE park with improvements being added. The sites have room for slideouts. We use Verizon internet and could not connect. Our phones had good signal but it was 1X. We did get local channels on NBC and CBS on antennae. Water pressure seemed low but was alright. We would stay here again. We camped at Big Bend COE in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Big Bend COE

Are you affiliated with Big Bend COE ?