Pioneer RV Park

Guthrie, Oklahoma

Recent Rate: $30 4/2013

Travelin Dude

Park is basic, but clean. Unfortunately it had rained and the RV sites in the new area were very muddy. Everything worked as it should. It's OK for an over night stop. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

PipelinerWife

My husband has stayed in several RV parks over the years. I have been to some of them with him. This park is basic, but very clean. We had no problems with the facilities or the management. The lady who runs the park was always very friendly and helped us anytime we needed it. Laundry facilities were clean. Trash is always picked up. There is a mini convenience store on site that sells basics as well as hot pizza. I stayed there quite a bit and have no complaints...and I am picky! The location is not in the middle of town so there is privacy. You are close to shopping and lakes. I would recommend this park to someone looking for a decent place for a decent rate...we paid $380 for the month. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

Ancientone

We stayed here for 2 months. While the owners are taking steps to give the park a little more "curb appeal," it is still rather overgrown and shabby. The roads throughout the park are very uneven. We had a ton of problems with the electric; new sites were being added to the park, and as soon as they routed power to those sites, we kept having problems with our breakers flipping, even when we weren't using very much juice in our rig. The bathrooms were frankly, gross. The toilets repeatedly overflowed and weren't cleaned once while we were here. For two months! Also, the showers were mildewy and again, never cleaned. Also, they just had flimsy curtains in the bathrooms, rather than doors. No privacy at all. The owners are a husband and wife team. He was very nice and helpful, but she was kind of hateful. We always felt like we were being watched and nitpicked by her, even though we followed all of their rules. She acted like it was a big bother anytime we asked her for help with something, so we just tried to avoid her as much as possible. If you have kids, there's absolutely nothing for them to do here, and the owners don't really seem to like having kids in the park. They did have a couple of washers and dryers, but again, the woman who owns the place had put up so many "Do not do this, this, this, etc.," signs on the walls in their laundry area, that I didn't even want to fool with using them for fear of getting blamed for doing something wrong. I was really glad to leave, and wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Rather than being welcomed as a good customer or camper here, you're sort of treated like the enemy. I'd really consider the other places around Guthrie before you give them your business. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

lovetoride

Not very well maintained. Overgrown grounds, poor pedestals, rutted roads and dirty laundry. Could be very nice, but it seems like they don't care any more. Only came here because it was a Good Sam park. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

TheJim

This is an OK park for an overnight stay. We only stayed one night but extended stay would seem to be OK too. Nothing fancy. Basic sites, but everything worked well. The woman that checked us in was very nice and helpful. We changed sites and she had no problem with that. There is some traffic noise but not bad at all for only being a short distance from the freeway. I did notice that the campground is for sale, so things may change but I would not hesitate to stay stay here again. They do have propane as well and a small grocery. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

countrygal

We camped here for a month. The grounds themselves aren't bad, pretty clean and safe. The owner is a guy and his wife. He was pretty nice, but she was not! She was rude from the moment I paid for the month. I asked for our money back to go elsewhere before I had received a receipt and before she put the money in the register. She informed me she didn't give refunds for any reason. We stayed for the month we paid for, then left as fast as we could. Talking to other people who were here for extended periods, they experienced the same things with her. I think overnight stays would be ok here, but not long term. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Humor

Park had run down appearance. Restrooms and showers were filthy with fixtures needing repair. Stayed overnight en-route to destination and will not return. The Good Sam membership is very misleading. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

jensjems

Park is just to east of exit 151 and not so pretty, needing mowing and trimming. Driveways are bit rough. Couple cute buildings. Was only needing a quiet safe place for the night. Lady in office was so very pleasant and upon hooking up saw we had full amps on electric to my delight. If I'm ever going through the area and need to rest my head I'll stop but not sure of a longer stay. Did not hear the interstate noise, but I was a tired RVer. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

NAZRV

Great little campground, friendly staff, level sites. Great wifi! I stopped for the night, if I was back in this area I'd stop here again! We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Motorhome.

raven

A quiet place to spend the night. Well stocked store. Nice people running the place. Rough road between I-35 and park. Wi-fi works well. Not a destination, but not bad. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

bleauxskies

Pioneer RV Park is a rather small park. A few permanent RV residents. Many overnighters. A little tight for some really large rigs. Wifi signal comes and goes (more goes than comes). OK wind? Only curtains on bath house stalls and no lock on main door. Pretty level sites. Antenna TV only. Easy off/on interstate, but rough ramps. Well stocked store and very nice attendants. Sites facing south have view of open area. Quiet. Close to restored Victorian downtown of Guthrie OK for antique shopping and dining. Store and laundry still locked up at noon on 1/1/2006. Okay for overnighter or business. Not a destination in itself. We camped at Pioneer RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

El Reno Lake Campground

El Reno, Oklahoma

Lake Lawtonka City Park

Lawton, Oklahoma

Prairie Band Casino

Mayetta, Kansas

Are you affiliated with Pioneer RV Park?