A-AAA Adult RV Park

Newcastle, Oklahoma

Living the Fulltime Dream

We stayed here for 1 week. The weekly rate is $95 and includes 27Kwh of electric per day (in the summer). Great water pressure and electric service. This is a quite park, except some light highway noise that did not disturb the peaceful feeling this park has. There are no barking dogs, screaming kids (adult only park), no disturbing neighbors partying, playing loud music, and such. The owners of the park also manage it and this makes a big difference in the park's appeal. Sites are adequately spaced and arranged so you are not looking at your neighbors sewer hose. My wife and I full time RV and will stay here again. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dixster

Check-in was a hassle, we were treated like 1st graders with Inappropriate comments about previous customers from the check-in nanny. The free slow WIFI is only available if you provide vital information about your computer which could be used to compromise your computer sensitive information anytime in the future. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Motorhome.

okccountrygirl

One of the worst experiences ever! I camped here with my husband while he worked at the electric plant. Ridiculous rules. Rude, rude, rude owners. I am a native of this area. Moved to far SE Oklahoma 20 years ago. My husbands co workers were from Texas and Mississippi. I was so ashamed of the way they were treated here. The only positive at all is that it is clean. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Diamond Di

Low cost per night is only reason to stay here. Management is hostile. Any perceived violation of rules will result in ejection from park regardless of circumstances or consequences. Closeness to road used to avoid toll road and neighbors shooting guns makes their "quiet" claim false. Unregulated water pressure is warned of. Cell phone and Wi-Fi, including park's, poor to nonexistent. Other local parks exhibit no such issues. Lake Thunderbird State Park is clean, quiet and friendly with all necessary amenities. Both parks are first come, first served. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Motorhome.

Andy Baird

The first thing you get when you enter the park is a long list of rules. At the top of the list, it says, "THE FASTEST WAY TO EXIT THE PARK IS TO SPEED OR IGNORE PARK RULES." That pretty much sets the tone of the place. The owners are rule-obsessed, making campers feel unwelcome. By the way, nearly 3 out of 4 sites in the park are reserved for long-term occupants. Overnight campers are clearly not a priority with these people. They brag quite a bit about the quality of their water, but because of the design of the water spigot--sunk in a hole below ground level, with its mouth facing upward--mine was so clogged with dirt and debris that I wasn't tempted to trying using it. While the prohibition on children might lead you to think this is a quiet park, it isn't. The proximity of a major highway means there is constant vehicle noise, so it's far from peaceful. Bottom line: the atmosphere is far from hospitable, and the noise is annoying. I won't stay here again. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Motorhome.

quay

Very unfriendly RV Park. More ridiculous rules than the Army; and that's how they run the place. The absolute worst part of this park are the many diagonal speed bumps and the restrictions on "large" dogs. Before going back to that park I would go to a Wal-mart parking lot, some thing I have never done before. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Motorhome.

OkieLawyer

The owners / manager of the park can come on a little strong about the rules, but once I got settled in, it was very quiet. While I was here, there were only three overnight campers; the rest are all long-term residents. The positives: There is a storm shelter on site and they take all RV club memberships. The cost is $30 for the first night and $15 per night after that. The weekly and monthly rates are even cheaper. It also appears to be a safe park as it is mainly older residents (no kids allowed). It is also not too far from Oklahoma City and Norman. The negatives: The only amenity it has is a laundry facility, and it is part of a home with daytime sleepers. There are no activities at this park. Therefore, the only reason to stay here is to find a place to hook up inexpensively. I would only intermittently get a signal for my wireless internet connection. There is an unsecured one that you can reach in the park, but it also is intermittent. I also was not able to get any TV reception in the park, even with a fully extended antenna and power booster for reception. They also have very strict rules for satellite reception setup. The hookup for the water is in a hole under the ground surface. So you will have to get on your hands and knees to hook up. The water pressure is also very high: so their strict rule about using a water regulator on your hose is for a good reason. The main attraction for this park is the price. However, in the future, I will have to weigh the higher cost at another park in the Oklahoma City area with the amenities they provide. On this trip, I came for the Arts Festival in Downtown Oklahoma City and I was mainly looking for an inexpensive place to stay. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Motorhome.

robro661

I'm a Tramp Electrician and travel nationwide for work. My opinion of the park would have been a lot higher if it hadn't been for the groundskeeper spraying my Harley with grass while mowing, and chipping it with a rock. The damage done was $200+ , but all I asked for was the 200. I had to drive 250 miles a month later to collect $120. I didn't ask for a new cover ($100) since the rock put a hole through it as well, or replacement of my ramp that mysteriously disappeared during my 6 week stay. I will never recommend this park to any fellow traveling craftsmen or vacationers. Nice park, but no responsibility is taken for the ignorance of the employees. I have written off the remaining $80 as a lesson learned and hope no one else is this unfortunate. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

pinkyjune

We stayed here because it was close to our friend's home. The water pressure was extremely low. Way to many speed bumps for such a small park. We were not given a discount because we were in a pull-through site?! They also don't accept credit cards. Would I stay here again: probably not. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

tbax46

This is probably the quietest RV park, I've been to. Very well maintained and clean. There are quiet a few long term campers here, but the rigs are immaculate. As previous reviewers have stated, they do go over the rules with you at check in. However, I didn't find it offensive, in fact it was common sense rules and some information about the park. For instance they do have quiet high water pressure, so one needs to put the regulator on their hydrant or even you hose will swell. They are adamant about the rules, but as stated they live on the property and it is not only a campground, but their home. The staff is very friendly and they do drive around in the golf cart during the evening, but I don't think they are spying on you, just checking things out. This is a great place to stay in the Oklahoma City area. All the sites are easy to back into. Good WIFI and easy to set up your satellite. They do honor Passport America, however, be advise that the first night is regular rate, no matter which discount is used and then the discount kicks in on the second night. Not a bad idea. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Don & Donna

This park is actually in Newcastle, OK not Norman. This park is nicely laid out and convenient for when we visit family in Norman. It is probably 80% full time residents, but the welcome overnights and short term and offer a PA discount. The people that own/operate the park are a different sort that you will have to come to appreciate in order to enjoy your stay. We refer to them as the "park Nazi's" because of their demeanor and attitudes. They want to read you the rules one by one and have you acknowledge that you heard and agree with them. They are pretty standard "rules" as far as RV parks go, but you have to sit thru the reading, even when you express that you know, understand them and have heard them before. They also have very annoying habits of checking up on you (and everyone else too), plus a rude tendency to run thru your campsite in their golf carts throughout the day. I realize they own the property, but you would think with the rental you get a slice of time with no one riding thru. We will stay there again as it is the closest place to family that we visit in the area and it is a nicely maintained park. We just grin & bear the owners. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Motorhome.

John3697

This is a very clean park with grass sites, wide access and some shade. The maintenance on the park is immaculate, everything kept trimmed, painted and looking new. The management is very friendly and helpful. It's a little off the beaten path but well worth the side trip. The emphasis here is on peace and quiet. We stopped for two nights on our way back to California. We would stay here again. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

lsw

Owners come on very strong about "rules" but do lighten up considerably if you appear friendly. Caution, wi-fi available but no cell service or pay phone which we find unacceptable with an aging mother at home we have to check up on. Nice run area behind the park for dogs to play, but they do not like larger dogs and will put in you a separate area of the park if you have one. One other hot button, the staff was cutting the lawn on a loud riding mower until 8pm, difficult for quiet enjoyment of the park. We would stay again if they would put in a pay phone. We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Motorhome.

kevinbti

This an adult only park located 8 miles west of Norman Exit 108. Owner was friendly. No bathhouses or showers We camped at A-AAA Adult RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with A-AAA Adult RV Park?