Cleveland County Fairgrounds

Norman, Oklahoma

jpatt

Great place for over night or if visiting Norman. Level sites, easy hook up. Relatively quiet and secure as it's off the interstate a few miles and in a residential area but still easy access. There is a self-pay board so we never saw any staff . I had attempted to contact the park by email (from the website) but never got a response. When I phoned got helpful person who said we could stay one night, as there was an event coming up at fairgrounds. Lots of amenities (restaurants, shopping, etc.) nearby. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

ArkansasTraveler

Fairground park with level sites. Very handy if you have business or friends in Norman or surrounding area. Not especially attractive, but very functional. They have a Master Gardener Demonstration Garden which is open Wednesday and Saturday morning - wish we could have seen it because it looked lovely through the fence! We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

nanzhere

Parking lot park. Check-in is at the fairgrounds office is not so easily found when you come in--lots of doors to choose from--look northeast, walk into a main room and there is an office with the door closed. Do I knock? Is that where I am supposed to go? Someone came out from another area and I asked--she knocked on the door and announced me. That was done . . . pick a spot . . . I chose a back in as the pull-throughs looked really unlevel--but maybe those more towards the center are level enough--but I would have felt on display as I would have been the only "camper" in that area surrounded by the others against the fence. Mistake picking a back in. The hookups are in a dirt/grass area behind the spot. My neighbor's hose leaked and made a frightful puddle that I had to carefully, and not always successfully work my way around the next morning to unhook my utilities--just the luck of the draw--unless it is raining. All that being said, it is the only game in town and it is a convenient location if you have business in Norman. Conocco with "pure" gas is on the corner and a grocery across the street (but you have to walk the length of the park which is rather expansive--or walk around the block). Braum's is also within walking distance--worth the stay just for that. It was quiet and the space was pretty level and an easy back in. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

Okiedoke

We spent a week here visiting relatives and taking care of personal business. The camping area is gravel, mostly back-in along a fence. There is a large grass area that leads to a huge park with wilderness area trails, disc golf, and dog park. Walking distance to many retail services. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

Smkyld

This is a parking lot with full hookup campsites along the perimeter. There is a street/alley that runs between the parking area and the fair grandstand that is used often. It is good for an overnight stop. If you come after hours, just pick a spot and hook up. Then go to the fair office in the morning to pay. The area is quiet and well patrolled by the local police. I felt safe. I will definitely stay here again on my way from Illinois to visit our son in Texas. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

argyles

We stayed here for an overnite stop while visiting family. It is definitely not a place to "hang out" but is well located for visiting Norman. We stayed here with our 2 children and felt safe to have them ride their bicycles in the parking lot (no cars around). There is a community garden adjacent to the RV parking and we were fortunate to be there while gardeners were in there and we received fresh figs! There are also 2 red foxes that roam the campground around 9p :-) We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

Skid Row Joe

I was authorized for this stay only at $5 per night, because I originally stopped to only get water and dump my holding tanks. The office said that $15 is the going rate to dump holding tanks, but I reminded the agent that Flying J and Love's going rate is $5. The agent was kind enough to tell me I could stay the night too, since they were not busy hardly at all, and to deposit the money/check in the envelopes provided in the lock box at the office. The sites are back-in, with water, electric, and sewer at most sites. It is serve yourself, and they rely on your honesty in paying at the lock box. There are street lights all over the place, and I felt safe here. I am bare bones only, so that is why I rated it 10/10. I only seek low priced RV parks, and only want the basics; water/electric/sewer. They do not have restrooms or showers. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Motorhome.

SilverBear

The RV Sites are more easily accessed off Robinson St and can be interesting when there is fair traffic since that is the main entrance to the fairgrounds. 10 sites are paved back-in. All the rest are coarse crushed rock. The drive thru sites are W/E out in the middle of the lot. There is no separation between sites, its a parking lot. Back-in utilities are 30/50,W/S. Electric is "hot", no breakers for each site. Use of electrical monitor & surge protector wouldn't be a bad idea here. You are close to services, supplies and good dining. Self-contained makes this a decent place to stay and local PD patrols the lot. Check-in is done at a drop box on the south end of the arena building. No one from the fairgrounds made contact during our stay. We felt the price a little high for the lack of amenities and staff but it was quiet except for trains passing through two blocks west of the fairgrounds day & night. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

geo-gypsy

This is the parking lot for the Cleveland County Fairgrounds and covered with crushed limestone. No restrooms or showers available. Some 10 spots are "pull-through" as one can pull alongside the water hook-up / 30 amp power (no sewer). The rest are along the perimeter and are "back-in" with water, sewer, and either 30 amp or 50/30 amp available. Note: The electricity hook-up is not on a circuit breaker – it is a "hot hook-up". The water is supplied through freeze-proof faucets such as you might see on a golf course or public park. The best access to the RV park is from Robinson Street which intersects I-35, proceed east on Robinson for two and one-half miles. Severe weather shelter is inside the fairgrounds buildings. According to one officer of the Norman Police, they have never been called to this RV park or have filed a report from this RV park. Park rated on its own merit. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

3TexasRats

Very nice place to park your RV. All sites are concrete but plenty of grassy areas to walk your dog. All sites looked level and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. Rated only a 8 due to no trees and no WI-FI available. They have the farmers market every Saturday and is really nice to walk through. Will definitely stay again due to there aren't too many areas in Norman for RV'ers. We camped at Cleveland County Fairgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

Roadrunner RV Park

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Time Out RV Park

Chickasha, Oklahoma

OU Village

Norman, Oklahoma

Are you affiliated with Cleveland County Fairgrounds?