Council Road RV Park

Latitude: 35.4568422719179

traveling

We stayed two nights. Site was level. Roads are gravel with lots of potholes. Manager checked us in and was very friendly and accommodating. We were led to our site. There is plenty of room between next sites. Very noisy park. There is a trucking center and service station just across the road and trucks come and go constantly. To get out of the park you have to wait for a long time as trucks are coming from both directions constantly. Easy access to I-40 once you get out of the park. About 1.5 miles from a Walmart. Didn't see any local grocery stores in the area. We were here two nights and that was plenty. Would be good for a one night stop. Very little airplane noise. Distant train noise. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Pepper Dan

Very nice RV park. Gravel main and gravel loop roads with level grass and gravel sites. Large grass areas between each long site and scattered large trees. Park well maintained. Strong passport protected WiFi signal, FHU, good Verizon 4G, Direct satellite and TV antenna signals, cable TV, no pool, no rec center. Easy access off I-40. Staff friendly and helpful. Public park and GS discount. Would stay there again. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

westwill3

Site had gravel parking area with a 10-foot grassy area alongside. Very well maintained, very friendly and helpful staff, free ice. About half and half long term and short term campers. Recommend you ask for shaded space. Oklahoma sun is brutal in August. Very easy access to I-40 and OKC attractions. Would gladly stay here again. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

ouachita princess

Easy to find. Nice owners. Level sites. Stayed one night. Close to outlet stores. Lots of permanent residents, although no one home much. Glad we made reservations as it appears full. Shower house could use a little attention. BYOTP. Don't know why people cannot pick up after themselves. They do not allow adapting 50 amp down to 30. I forgot to ask why. Would definitely stay here again. Good Sam park. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

jeeptrekker

As mentioned in previous reviews, this is an older park with many long term people. We were led to a nice pull through spot. WiFi worked well, the cable TV was a bit snowy. Park was clean and quite. We planned on staying 4 days but the weather was going to turn bad so we left a day early. Unfortunately, their policy is no refunds so keep that in mind. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

LoneWolf

Wide, gravel interior roads with some potholes. Adequate width, level, gravel sites with adjacent concrete pads, some of which had broken corner(s). Utilities well maintained. Park mostly occupied by long-timers, but those sites are well kept. Quiet. Cable TV OK, internet acceptable near office; don't know about further away. Laundry was clean. It had new machines and was nice to work in. Friendly, helpful staff. Would stay again. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

melissab7

We stayed at this park one night while visiting relatives in Yukon. There is not a lot of choice on the southwest side of OKC. This is an older park and there appears to be some long-term residents, but their units weren't trashy or run-down. We had an escort to our site which was a nice pull-through with plenty of room to park our toad. As was mentioned in other reviews, there is no cable TV, but they are in the process of running the cables throughout the park (lots of trenches and mounds of dirt all over), and the manager assured me that by the next time we stay there it will be all done. We would definitely camp here again when in the area. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

jnetta117

Clean. Did not have reservation, but they were happy to accommodate for a night. Spots were kind of tight, close together. Quiet. Looked like a lot of long term camps, but was very quiet. Would stay here again for a night or two. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

LindaRoseNew

We have stayed at this convenient park several times and never had any problems. Owners are friendly and helpful. Sites are wide open and navigable. The park is fenced and seems relatively secure considering it's city location. Restrooms were clean and well-maintained. Laundry room has large machines that are clean and efficient. Interior roads have several large potholes, but I guess that slows everyone down. There is a considerable amount of noise from traffic and a nearby business. We stay here because of its location close to family, but there is no real landscaping or nature in this park. It's a decent place to stay if you need to be nearby. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

queeksdraw

I stayed here because of the good reviews, which haven't been wrong yet, except for now. This is the first time I have had a problem at any RV park, and at one rated so high. The park wasn't as good as I expected, cigarette butts on my site and just slightly trashy looking in general. Everything worked right, except the host was very rude to me in front of my wife and 16 month old. He was mad because I used a 50 to 30 amp dogbone adapter, which was not allowed. I messed that up, sorry and was very apologetic. He snapped at me and harangued me for calling him "bud", which I call everyone new, just a habit. He was older than me and was angry that I would dare call him bud. He ruined my night and did it with gusto in front of my family. Maybe he was having a bad day. From the moment I met him something seemed off but I shrugged it off. I want to give the place a one but that doesn't seem fair. I have been to 50 RV parks and haven't been treated this bad since my days as an enlisted man in the Navy. Good luck if you try this park, but don't call the guy in charge bud, because he isn't. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

Herb B

This is a nice basic park with level sites large enough for big rigs. Gravel roads could use some work but still passable. The laundry room was a surprise with multiple washers heavy duty style and one that could hold 4-loads. The owner is very nice and helpful both parking and the area to visit. We would stay here again. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

Grammy8

This CG is very convenient to sites in OK City and to shopping. Super Walmart, outlet mall, etc. just across the interstate. The sites are level. We did not use the Wi-Fi or the restrooms. You will need a code for the bathrooms. Having said that, the roads inside are a little rough. This is an industrial area and it is very noisy day and night. The noise is the reason for the 8 on my review. Overall, the CG is good for staying a few days to see the area. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

Keni

Great park and great owner and manager. We were totally broken down and the compassion we experienced was fantastic. We felt very safe here and that is so important in this day and age. We highly recommend this park. It is well kept, quiet, has clean laundry facilities, etc. But most of all, the staff gets an A rating for caring. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

calguy

We liked the park. It had Level sites and lots of space to walk the dog. The dog liked it and she is the Boss. Easy to get in and out . I would stay there next time I go through Oklahoma City. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Motorhome.

5th wheeler MA

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Gravel roads and space was level and ample room for our 38' 5th wheel and truck. Lots of grassy area to walk our dog. It is close to highways and a TA truck stop, but we did not hear any loud sounds. Looked like a lot of semi-permanent residents. We thought they were oil or construction workers. We stayed one night and would definitely stay again. It was very easy to find and get in and out of. It is on the west side of Oklahoma City. We camped at Council Road RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Deer Run RV Park

Troy, Alabama

Roadrunner RV Park

Rockwell RV Park

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Are you affiliated with Council Road RV Park?