Wildwood Acre RV Park

Stillwater, Oklahoma

Recent Rate: $25 9/2014

Wanda H

I am sorry to say we did not stay here. We made reservations, but when we pulled up I was afraid to stay. The place looked like someone's front yard where they parked trailers side by side and lived in them long term. The space they were going to put us, was so tight, I don't think our side had room to come out. Everything looked unkept. I begged my husband to turn around and leave. We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

We3Travel

This is the second time we stayed here and will be returning each year we come to Oklahoma. The atmosphere is friendly, quiet and is family-owned. The owners welcome people and treat them like friends. The Wi-Fi is great. The laundry facility is small with only two washers and dryers. The fact that they have storm shelters is definitely a plus for this area of the country. We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Motorhome.

shovelguy

When we first pulled up to this place we thought it looked to be a really funky place, not one we would spend a lot of time at. The spaces are pretty tight and kind of oddly organized around the owners' home. They are gravel and there were some pull through sites, lots of permanent residents. The laundry was small but clean. The owners' were busy tiling one of the shower rooms. So, we are thinking "very funky" and weren't really ready to give the place a high rating. When the first night settled in and we began the experience of a HUGE storm with six hrs of continuous thunder & lightening, drenching rain, hail and ferocious winds I will have to say the fact that the park came with two storm shelters negated all of our other impressions. When the sirens went off and we actually had to go into the shelters (after the owners ran around in the rain and dark waking us all up) we were even more impressed and grateful. The other park in town doesn't have shelters. We would definitely return to this park if we are in the area. The shelters made all the difference! We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

yelaroc

Nightly rate is based on monthly rent with 50 amp service. This is a quiet small park located on the east edge of Stillwater. As such it is convenient for getting to the shopping/restaurant area which mostly is located along Perkins Road -- about 2 miles west. I stayed here for 2 months during July and August. I hunkered down to try to avoid driving and being out any more than I had to in the more than 50 days of 100+ degree heat that hit the midwest this summer. I visited with friends in Stillwater and square danced in OKC while I was there. I had just bought my motor home and was a total newbie. The owners were very helpful in helping me get set up. They gave me many useful tips and helped me get used to backing up to park a 37' motorhome. The lots are gravel and there are just a couple of spots with shade. During the school year there are a number of OSU students who stay here. During home football weekends they are booked solid with their long term residents and OSU football fans. The Wi-Fi worked better than my US Cellular air card. In fact, it was very fast. They have 2 storm shelters which are easy to get to. Fortunately, we did not need them while I was there, but the fact that they had them was very reassuring. I did not use the laundry, bathrooms or showers so I can't speak to them. This is an excellent place for a few day's stay or for staying for a week or so as you sightsee in the area. There is no clubhouse nor planned activities so it is not a resort and one should not go there expecting that. I will definitely stay in this park when I visit my friends there. We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Motorhome.

kraftykurl

Did not see the bathroom signs that concerned an earlier reviewer. The bathrooms were clean. Not spotless or sparkling by any means, but certainly not dirty, either. The sites are gravel. Ours was a long pull-through and quite level. The lady that checked us in was very nice and friendly. This is not a destination park by any means, but for a night or three it's quite agreeable. Given the time of year we stayed here, I was most happy for the easily accessible underground storm shelters at this park. No storms the night we stayed, but the fact that the shelters are close by sure gave us peace of mind. I would stay here again. We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

podowner

This campground is UNIQUE. You have to enter the smokey residence of the owners to register. Take a right or you will be in their bedroom! The bathrooms desperately need new floors (the throw rugs are too ragged to wash), but walls and showers are ok. However, the signs in the bathroom are the most BIZARRE we have EVER encountered. Multiple signs with threats. One begins, "I am sick of scraping boogers off the walls." And covers other bodily wastes that have been removed. Another sign details the proper disposal of used toilet paper (not in the trash). A body waste disposal war zone? The owners are very helpful but I could not work up the courage to confront them about these AWFUL signs as we were stuck staying here. We would not stay here again. Life is too short. We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

gunsmoke-setters

For our purposes of only staying a night or two on route to final destination, this place was perfect. Not far from town, but so very quiet and peaceful. All hookups worked great. Bathroom was clean, and Wi-Fi worked great. Owner was very friendly and helpful. We stayed again on our way back, and we found it to be exactly as first described. Worth the 12 minute drive from I-35 into the Stillwater area. We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

JDUB

This park is located off of a paved road on a dusty gravel road. Lots of trees to hit on the paved road once you leave the city limits. WIFI never worked, they don't answer e-mail, the sites were laid out in a pretty disorganized manner and the place was mostly used by folks living and working in town. Didn't look like many transients. Even though it is listed as "Big Rig" friendly, we have a 40' coach I wouldn't take in there again. The owners are pretty friendly and helpful. We camped at Wildwood Acre RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Wildwood Acre RV Park?