Double D RV Park

Texola, Oklahoma

Recent Rate: $12 9/2014

Michaeljess

We stayed here for one night as we were traveling through the area. We were very surprised at how much better this campground was over the typical "one night pass through." A nice, large parking lot is located just off I-40. We were not bothered by interstate noise even sleeping with windows open! Check in is at the gas station. The sites are grass/gravel and are somewhat close if the place is full. We didn't have anyone on either side of us in site 14. Some people there seem to be long-term but not many. The bathhouse is located on the side of the restaurant and were shared with the restaurant. Laundry was also available. One washer worked easily but the broken lid of the other took some work to get the washer to work. Only one dryer was working but I had the laundry to myself as was able to get all our clothes cleaned and dried. We did not experience any problems with noise or dogs here. The restaurant was a nice change from our camper food! We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

BobWW

Rate reflects Passport America discount. This is a small campground at Exit 1 on I-40. It is easy access from the interstate. Sites are level. Interior roadways and sites are gravel. There are no restrooms or amenities. It is full hookups. Great for an overnight stop. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

CarverFam

This is a bear bones park. It did work for an overnight stay with full hookups. Little road noise. There was nothing for families. The only problem is that there are no better parks in the area. The park at Shamrock is even worse. No cable and little TV. AT&T was edge signal. We will not return. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

GA Folks

Our rate reflect a Passport America rate for 30amp. You get what you pay for and at $12 you can't beat the rate or the park for an over night stay; it beats a Walmart parking lot. There is nothing around the campground, except a good local restaurant you can walk to. Easy on, easy off the interstate. Grass and gravel sites. We have stayed here twice. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

darla's dad

This was the most hard to find park in our nine years of traveling but once there it was OK. It is all grass and check in is at the store. Utilities all worked fine. Other travelers found it, also. Don't get off at the first Texola sign if heading east. The second exit works well. The entry roads are deeply rutted and do twist the coach especially on departure. But the price is right for what it is. We called twice for directions. There is a heard of cows nearby. One of the three permanent residents had a pit bull running loose on our arrival but did put him up. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

John - Tx Hill Country

$14 rate is Passport for a 50 amp site. Nothing fancy, just a good place to overnight. Access and interior roads were fair to good, site was very level. Grass needed mowing and the sewer hookup was way to the rear of our site so I had to drag out my hose extension. The noise level of the nearby I-40 will depend on the wind direction. I would stay here again. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

leorah

This campground is behind an old truck stop and restaurant between I40 and old Route 66 in Texola. The restroom and shower facilities are in the restaurant building. The toilet area was clean, but the showers were old and could use a good scrubbing and bleach, but they were usable. No other facilities. You check in at the truck stop convenience store, and the staff there was very nice. Hookups were good, we had a nice shade tree, and could hardly hear the highway noise. This is a nice, safe place to stop for a night. We walked to Rt 66 just before sunset and took some photos of the old buildings and the highway. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dixster

We used it for a overnight stop. The check-in was pleasant and courteous. Excellent value, very clean and easy walk to town. We'd stop their again. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

NJ_Snowbird

You get what you pay for. Double D is right off I40 at the OK/TX border on the site of a very old truck stop that doesn't get used anymore. Helpful pleasant staff. Told me to pick my site with a gray (30 am) box, and I chose a level one with a tree. Water, electric, sewer, although the sewer was a little far back in the site, but manageable. Level. Absolutely no amenities. There were 3 longtermers, another Class A and me. Two 18 wheelers parked in the lot overnight, engines running, shaking the ground. Certainly not a destination, but good for a tired soul who just wants a quick, cheap stay. Price reflects Passport America rate. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

nanzhere

This is my second visit to this RV park. It is located between I-40 and 66. Easy to get to either route. The spots are level and easy to get in and out of. My only complaint is the sewer hook-up was too far back to use. So I saved it for my next stop. You check in at the convenience store which is in front of the park. There is also a restaurant next door. I went to the restaurant at my last visit but did not this time. The restaurant is fine but I am a vegetarian so my options were limited-- I passed this visit. Even though the park is near I-40 there is barely any noise coming from it. I could stand outside and watch the trucks go by and barely hear them--and no sound when inside. Texola is very nearly a ghost town--but not quite. If you are fascinated by decaying structures and taking photos of them, this is the place. I drove up the road closer to the town proper and just walked around with my dog and my camera. Hours of fascinating images. A fifteen minute drive down 66 back into Erick OK will take you to a fascinating building in the middle of town that is covered with historic signs. It turned out on both trips I went there on a Sunday so if one can get inside the building to see if it is also as delightful, I do not know. It used to be a butcher shop. There is a bank. And a cafe--also closed on Sunday. I think the grocery is open on Sunday though--it is right by the aforementioned building. About twenty minutes or so the other way, going into Texas is Shamrock. There is lots there for eating and shopping and the art deco building that is now the chamber of commerce is a delight to see. I think this is a great place to stop if you are traveling between Oklahoma City and Amarillo. I am a woman traveling alone and I like to keep my drives short and my RV parks quiet and clean. I will come back here again and again. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

TedandJan

Definitely an overnight stop only. No Wi-Fi. AT&T and T-mobile were poor. Dirt pull through sites. Texola is not a town. It is just a spot on the road. OK for a night at the price. There was a restaurant but we did not try it. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

nedmtnman

An OK bare bones park. Hookups are OK but some have sewer in back and a long reach for fifth wheel. Some are in the middle with the water and electric.It gets a little muddy when it rains. We would stay here again at this price. 30 amp is $12 and 50 amp is $14. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Armenian

We've stayed here a few times now, and for an overnight stop it's pretty nice. Especially using the Passport America rate. Wife looked in the restrooms and said they were OK. Would stay here again. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

NYDutch

As others have said, this campground is basically just for overnight stops. When we checked in at the gas station/convenience store, we were given a list of open 30 amp (our choice, 50 amp is available) sites, and told to take our pick when we pulled into the park. The sites are minimal, but a few do have a shade tree or two. TV reception is good using local repeaters, and Verizon cell and data reception is excellent. There were several long term residents that are apparently working nearby on an oil rig, but they were not a problem. We will stay here again as an overnight only stop. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Motorhome.

nedmtnman

Rate is PA with 30 amp. We have stayed here a few times before. Basic bare bones park with water, electric, and sewer. The water and electric hook ups are mid site the sewer is all the way in the back so I didn't use it. Not great looking, but at $12 it is OK. There are a number of permanent sites and one in particular in the back has two horse trailers, an old car and a dog tied up outside left alone for at least a day while we were there. We camped at Double D RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Red Rock Canyon State Park

Clinton, Oklahoma

Sayre City Park Campground

Sayre, Oklahoma

All photos for Double D RV Park

Are you affiliated with Double D RV Park?