WinStar RV Park

Thackerville, Oklahoma

Recent Rate: $50 11/2014

1 Tip

pcarrell

Only draw back to this park is sites are not level and no cable TV. Guess they want everyone in the casino. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

Home of a very large casino.

traveling

First night was free for signing up for casino card and first stay. Second night was $35. Very clean park. Excellent parking pads with large patio area, garbage bin at site, nice picnic table. Showers and restrooms clean and good water pressure. Clean laundry with great working machines. Friendly staff and quick check in. Shuttle to and from casino every 15-20 minutes. Casino is the largest one in the world with over 700 machines. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Jerry S

Date of Stay:

We stayed here only because we got a 2 free nights coupon I the mail based on our stay last October. See that review for a detailed physical description of the park. This time we had a full hookup, pull-through, cement site that was as sloped from left to right as any newer cement site I've ever had. There is no cable TV, but all sites appear to be satellite friendly. At check-in we were not given any instruction concerning their Wi-Fi network. After trying to connect for a while, I returned to the office. There, the first person I spoke too tried and couldn't make the connection either. The second (a manager), did it in seconds. A simple instruction sheet should be handed out at check-in. I lost the connection several times during our stay. Not good for a large park that had less than 40 RVs in it. Due to several cool nights recently, the pool water was too cold to enjoy. The biggest annoyance was the large lumber fire (the flames went 20' in the air) started by employees to clear downed trees just yards west of the RV park. The resulting smoke stunk up the park from noon forward on our full day. This park should be great, but little things ruined our stay. I am not talking about a "bland" bathrooms as a previous reviewer did. Those bathrooms, by the way, are painted. The problem is that the floors, walls, and ceilings are all painted beige - the same color as the metal stall walls. If all the sink counters and plumbing fixtures were beige, you wouldn't be able to see "what was what". I agree that $50 is pricey if you don't have money to burn like some folks. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

LeeGeneral

This is possibly the nicest RV park we have stayed in over the 35 years my wife and I have been RVing. The pull-through sites were originally double sites that are now single sites. You can choose to pull in in either direction. The sites are very long with wide patios. Nice separation between sites with grass between each site. The park is part of an Indian casino facility and offers free shuttle to the casino for those interested. The rate reflects joining their Players Club, which is no cost. We stayed in a 38 foot rig and would stay here again if in the area. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Highway Star

Date of Stay:

As a first time guest our night was free, thank you Winstar. The park is very nice with smooth paved roads, long level paved pads, and the landscaping was immaculate. All the sites were cut and manicured. Check-in was smooth and quick with friendly staff. Shuttle takes you to the beautiful casino that has 13 restaurants. The only problem I had was with the bathrooms. The building exterior is very nice, but the inside could not be more bland or boring. No decorations at all, plain concrete floors and walls that need painting. We will stay here again. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

fulltimer 2

WOW! All concrete, wide turns, wide sites, grass is like a golf fairway, million dollar landscaping, trash pickup at your site, excellent power, water and electricity. You find this with many casino sites, in fact we use another search engine just to find casino sites. The Rate: People lighten up, if you are rated as an A rated player call your Casino host and ask him to comp your stay, as in zero, I did. But even if you are not a player $50 is still reasonable. I have paid as much as $40 to stay in what you might describe as a filthy fish camp. Our 45' rig loved this place so much, with the easy turns and nothing knocking things off his top, that he almost refused to leave. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

Florida Lady

This is a beautiful campground, and convenient to the Casino. The shuttle was listed as free and these drivers go out of their way to make sure you arrive where you want to be - on time. When they bring you back to the RV park at night, the driver brings you back to your site. The WIFI was a joke! There is no TV, and I do believe as nice as this park is, WIFI should work and TV cable should be installed. The sites are all concrete slab, but our site was not level. The landscaping is beautiful and well kept. There was security day as well as night. We would stay at this RV park. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Truck Camper.

robertjoy

A SUPER expensive RV Park; the prices have sky rocketed in a year from $15 a night to $55. All you will receive is electric, water, sewer, no Wi-Fi, and free mini bus to the Casino. No TV channels at $55 a night plus a small discount if you have a player card. Our second time here and our last. If want an expensive RV Site, then this the place for you. Oh, the RV sites are designed to fit 2 rigs on one pad which would really make your site very, very small, too expensive. They have free boon-docking which is very well used, I wonder why? We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

OldGringo

We have stayed here a dozen times since this campground opened. In 2010, I rated it as a 9. Today, I am shocked at the park and probably will never camp here again, unless I see good reviews. Let me give a list. First the rates have nearly doubled. Second, the casino no longer gives any camping promotion or benefit to stay here. Third, there was dog poop, a lot of it around the park. Fourth, the landscaping people were the most obnoxious I have ever seen. They edged our campsite with us in it, and one guy came by and blew grass all over me as I sat at the picnic table, I tried to complain, but he spoke no English. Fifth, both our small dogs got stickers this time. Sixth, this is an open park and they have security in the daytime, but none at night, never saw a one in 4 days.Seventh, the wifi sometimes does not work at all, and sometimes just very, very slow. Just a really sad deal, this was such a great place to stay and has really gone downhill. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

kurtk

I have two review ratings. Positive: an 8 for paved streets and sites. Large sites and clean rest rooms (nothing fancy but clean). Negative: I give it a 1 for doubling its camping fees as of 4/1/14 from $25 to $45 for a weekend night. That is their players club rate! For a Park that makes millions at its casino to double its rates for camping is an absolute insanity particularly when they don't offer cable TV, the Wi-F was weak, and doesn't meet basic security standards. Shame on them! We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

rgg

We normally stay at this campground when traveling south or north on I-35 (twice a year). Sites are great, large, concrete with paved roads. However, during this stay the WiFi didn't work and when I called the office the personnel was very indifferent. Basically, they didn't care and didn't have any control. Also, prior to arrival I called the office and was told that the pull through sites had to be reserved. When I arrived I was given a pull through site and I asked how long can I stay on this site. I was told the pull through cannot be reserved so its mine (???). Also, be aware the rate had drastically gone up. I would expect for $45 a night I would get WiFi. Next time I might travel a little farther to save money. We don't gamble. I'd give it a 10 if rates were reasonable, WiFi worked, and office staff received some training. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

DelArmy

This is a very nice, newer camp on the TX/OK border. Current cost is $22/nt. This goes up to $35/nt Mon-Thur beginning 1 Apr 14 and $45/nt Fri-Sun. Not sure whether the free buffet voucher will continue. I feel the camp is fairly priced at the current price of $22. WiFi is snail slow. I never did find the showers. No TV hookups. TV via antenna is good. I can't say I'd stay here at the new rates. Roads are all paved and easy access to I-35. Diesel near the entrance is priced quite low. Gas, not so low. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

RVTravelerToo

Price reflects winter rates with a Player's Card, which are a real bargain. Rates go up in April. In the RV lobby the TV displayed no signal showing that the help didn't care about first impressions. The RV Center help knew very little about what was happening in the Winstar casino. They have a shuttle bus that will take you to the casino and bring you back to your RV. The shuttle bus sunscreen graphics were peeling away from the windows. The internal light lens in the shuttle bus looked like holes were broken in them with a hammer to allow insertion of LED lights and some of the seats were stuck in a permanent recline position. The water spigot at site 152 leaks and needs to be replaced. The water is very soft. The Wi-Fi logon site causes the web browser to display, "There is a problem with this web site's security certificate. The security certificate presented by this web site was not issued by a trusted certificate authority. Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this Web site." If you ignore this warning and proceed anyway, you are asked to sign in with your email address and then you have excellent speed and strength. The sewer connections were drop-in (no threads that would work). There is no cable TV. Channel 4 out of Dallas was the only broadcast TV station available in the day. FM radio stations were religious, East Indian, sports, or Hispanic. Only one country station and no rock and roll or oldies stations. Location is the first exit, Thackerville, on I-35 after crossing the Red River going north. Permanent residents were not apparent. Sites are concrete, level, with grass in between and new sapling trees. There are very long pull-throughs. Roads are paved. They have trash baskets and picnic tables at the site. There is a pool and playground. Water was 50 PSI; electricity was 50-30-20 amp. At night we got broadcast TV channels 4, 5, 11, 13, 21, 27, 33, and 68. AT&T is max signal strength and Verizon is 3 out of 5 bars. Reservations are recommended as this is a very popular area. There is a pet walk with half of the lights turned off at night. There are no sand burrs or cockle burrs. There are no flies or mosquitoes when we were there. We will stay here again. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

travelswithpuppies

Immaculate park. Large level paved lots with picnic table and grill at every lot. Great dog walk area. We paid $21 for two nights; stay one night get one free. We will definitely stay here again. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Johnnyboy21

All recent comments are accurate, I'll just reiterate. The Good: Large, long sites, huge roads, the whole place looks brand new. Nice they have a pool even though it wasn't open when we were there. Wi-Fi was pretty decent, but park was only about 1/3 full. Free shuttle to casino is nice, walking path, and overall pleasant atmosphere and views. The Bad: The person who designed the utility locations is not an Rver. I'd say in most sites the sewer was elevated too, the entry points to the sites need to be a few feet wider, not all the sites are level (I had to move once, my first move ever), and absolutely zero signs directing you to the RV Park section. We camped at WinStar RV Park in a Motorhome.

Top Tips for this Campground

• Home of a very large casino.

pcarrellNovember 2014

Are you affiliated with WinStar RV Park?