4.3 Poor

Grafton, Ontario K0K 2G0

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Cobourg East Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

I would NEVER EVER recommend this campsite to anyone!! Was told I had to pay for 3 nights minimum even though I only wanted 2. I agreed because we had no where else to go. We were shown to our campsite which is the size of a postage stamp and has no business housing a 32' trailer. We step outside of our trailer, take 4 steps and reach the edge of our site. Our fire pit was right outside our door, couldn't put our awning out and had no room to put more than 2 chairs around it. We were confronted falsly accused of speeding. After deciding to leave early, I asked about their cancellation policy and was told there isn't one, once we were there, that was it. I again agreed, took my loss and we left. When we arrived home, I reviewed my receipt and noticed extra charges. I was charged for additional people and couldn't understand why, it was just my husband, myself and our two children. I phoned the next day and asked what their rates were and how many people were allowed on a campsite. I was told no more than 6 people per site. Then when I questioned my receipt, they backtracked and then told me that they only allowed 2 people and extra would be addition charges. Right after they told me 6 maximum! If I was told this when I phoned to book, would never have agreed. I was then insulted on the phone, told I was just being bitter because my baseball team lost! How dare they use that against me! Not only was it fair also untrue! The owners are rude, disrespectful and completely unprofessional. I taken the time to look at other reviews of this campground and we are not the first by far to be treated this way! Campers BEWARE!! Avoid this campground!! We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $20.00

This is a small, noisy park. Situated directly on a freight train line (horns blow every few minutes day and night ) and two highways (401 and #2) there is no quiet!! Add park owners who run their 3-wheel (at ridiculous speeds while they yell at visitors going slower), their riding mower, and their tractor at all hours and there's nothing peaceful - oh and don't lets forget the scaffolding and the hedge trimmers at 8 am.!!!. Garbage bins are piled and stink of rotting fish and are surrounded by rats! Roads flood every time it rains!! And if you care to listen...you'll hear gossip about others in the park. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Other
Fire Ring

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

This campground is in need of a makeover. From the unfriendly check in to the general unfriendliness of everyone in the park. Washrooms were not clean and in fact there was one particular toilet that was not flushed for at least 2 days! They are more concerned about yelling that people are not travelling at 10 kms in the park to looking after the facilities. After heavy rain the whole park was under water so obviously no care taken for proper drainage throughout. Will never stay here again and caution people to think carefully before going. The campground is in a beautiful setting, just need better management. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Dirt, Grass

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $31.00

We had an end site which was a bit muddy, but they'd had a lot of rain, and without that, the site would have been fine. We had no cell service. The wifi was spotty, but the camp host was extremely helpful in trying to get me on. The have a robust book trading library. There are a lot of roads for walking around the park. DirecTV worked fine. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Cobourg East Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Very quiet campground with very large sites. Some really beautiful seasonal sites. Lots of grassy open spaces, very well kept grounds. We had a pull thru site with at least 30 feet between us and our neighbors. Nice pool but boy was it cool, very refreshing though. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Roads within the camp ground are a little narrow and could be a challenge to larger Class A And C's.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $48.00

VERY NOISY!!!

It was July 1 & 2, mind you this is a family campground and noise is expected as they were full capacity with renters. The playground is there amusing "screaming" children from about 7:30am to 9pm!

They were nice enough to offer pancake breakfast, we didn't go but left early. They also hosted a little parade and amazing fireworks must have spent alot of money on those!!

The worse part was that there are trains running on one end and the other end in tandem!!!!!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE all day and night, first thing in the morning is most loudly annoying along with the cars on both streets running close to the campsite,,,it seems to echo so much more in the morning, it is too bad and a shame as it is a nice set up for tents...

Not sure if we will go back...

The only quiet was when we sat out at night watching the stunning star view "small" (campsite's view was limited due to the abundance of trees.) Oh and the picnic tables are mostly all ruined at least on one side of the bench or one side of the table. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Tent.

Dirt, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Waterfront Festival was very nice in July.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

I'm very disappointed the staff/owners were not friendly, actually rude, the only member was the older man.

Actually held a conversation.

Just unpleasant experience!

So disappointed!

Pool was nice to cool off. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $40.00

OK park, away from everything. We stayed the weekend.

The pool was tiny. Very sunny and open sites. OK for a weekend. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $40.00

This park has seen better days. Big rigs will have some difficulty getting out due to sharp turns. The park seems focused on the seasonal sites. Staff were not friendly and totally confused on sites. Our reservation (for a group of 3 RVs) was made two months in advance and a deposit charged with the understanding we wanted to be together. On arrival they had no record of one person and confused on which sites we were supposed to be on. Pieces of paper were used to track sites and were stuck in the wrong places. Note that there are only shared pedestals between sites with hookups so one has to pull in from opposite sides to hook up water/sewer etc.We ended up face to face with strangers. They were not family friendly for weekend campers. The swimming pool was closed on Saturday afternoon for an "adults only" swim party from 1 to 5 PM. They did not enforce any pool rules and there were many drinking from glass bottles in and around the pool. Many disappointed kids and peeved parents on Saturday afternoon. So if you paid for a weekend you could only take the kids swimming for a short while Friday evening or Saturday morning. One camper in a motorhome was yelled at by the campground owner because he pulled over to let a wagon ride by on the narrow road. He was rudely told to get the "h..." of the grass along with a few other choice words. (The owner's son was trying to calm him down telling him this was not the way to talk to guests). For a busy weekend in July, it was surprising that there were many empty sites. In contrast the campground 12 km away was full. Bottom line, I'd only recommend it for a one-night stay passing through if nothing else is available. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $30.00

This seems like it was once a great campground, but needs some TLC. The person working in the store was very friendly; the area seemed very safe. We used it as an overnight stopover. There were many summer residents in neat large RV's and mobile homes with tidy landscaping scattered throughout the park. Some lights in the bathroom needed fixing and spiders needed exterminating. The trash bins at our site needed cleaning and were raided during the night. Biting insects were numerous in our heavily shaded site. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $34.00

This is a nice and clean campground located only 13 minutes from Cobourg's famous beach. Plenty of activities on weekends for kids. Some sites at this campground have odd configurations. The lot we had was face to face with another site. Although we were somewhat offset, we could have stared at each other. Not quite the level of privacy we enjoy in a campground. The grounds were well maintained with garbage bins and recycling available. The lots were fairly level. They accept the Good Sam discount card. Stayed here for 1 week. Weekends were busy with plenty of things for kids to do. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2005 - $30.00

Electric and Water hookups on pull-thru sites. Some had evergreens between the sites. Few had small trees. Tenting areas were treed. Another 100 sites were seasonal. Had pool, kids activities on weekends, small laundry, internet modem in pay phone in laundry. Dump station in front of office so you have to go back around after dumping. People in campground were friendly; office people gave good directions to places but their times were off. Rated it down due to 5 ton load warning just before campground access when you follow signs. We camped at Cobourg East Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Cobourg East Campground

Are you affiliated with Cobourg East Campground ?