London, Ontario

Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA)

London, Ontario

• Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Ask a Question About Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA)

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $29.00

We stayed here for 2 months while visiting family in the area during a layover in our fulltime RV journey, thus the nightly rate appears lower than what you can expect on shorter term stays. The monthly rate of $875 I found a little high given the rates of other parks we have stayed up to this point in our fulltime journey across Canada and the US. The owners are working on improving the park and it will be interesting to return here again to see how the improvements are going. The road is broken up asphalt within the park, and compacted gravel on the entry road. The broken asphalt needs to be compacted or replaced. The site parking areas are gravel with grass bordering the remaining area. Unfortunately, the bordering grass gets killed with the mats people put outside their unit. This then becomes dirt, which then becomes mud when it rains. I eventually cleaned and stored my mats. In addition, our outside area had a rather nasty hole which prevented chairs from sitting level, it also pooled water after it rained. The hookups were convenient at our site, there are a few others where the distance is not as convenient. Electric service was reliable, as was our sewer hookup. The water pressure in the park was a problem. At one point the flow from the tap was barely a trickle. Management was working on this problem. The fire pit for the neighbouring site was very close to the driver side of our motorhome, so much so that I was washing ash off our unit more than once. This was common at a number of the sites. The park is near the 401 highway and traffic noise is noticeable. As with most highways, things quiet down in the evening and it becomes less noticeable. There are some permanent units in various states of care. There are a number who have taken extra care to grow healthy grass and landscape with plants. These places look great. The residents we met were very friendly and helpful. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

We have an excellent experience at this park. The staff are very accommodating and pleasant to talk to. This park has gone through extensive upgrades since the new owner's took over and it is very visible. Lots has already been done and expect more in the future. Trees have been trimmed, sites have been cleaned up, services have been upgraded and seasonal patrons are a pleasure to talk with. Very relaxing place to get away from the city. Traffic in the distance is noticeable at first but becomes back ground noise which becomes a white noise. Truly we sleep awesome here. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $49.00

The owner swore at me as he told me to get out of his store and told me I wasn't allowed back in when I asked for a refund (even though without it I still would have been there another week). I was not belligerent in any way and was shocked at his reaction. They wouldn't honour Good Sam or CAA and charged for full hook up when we only got 15 amp + water. The owner told me to go find my own table when someone took ours and then he told me that if they had to get it they wouldn't bring a good one. He the brought one with nails hanging out of the tabletop boards and staples all over in bad shape - quite dangerous if our dog or a young child stood up under the table. The owner lied about what day we would get a full hook up site and told me too bad I would get it on the fourth night rather than the third as promised. We were to have partial hook-up for three nights because then have full hook-up for the rest of our stay at another site. They clearly avoided writing out what days were partial and which days were full hook-up on our bill. I believe this was deliberate because the older lady didn't seem to know what she was doing when they took my booking and they messed up. We are experienced campers (travelling throughout North America) and this is the first time that we have experienced something like this. I would never recommend this place. It is far from London centre. You can't ride a bike here as they chewed up the asphalt and there is no limestone - very rough. It would be tough for a person unsteady on their feet to walk on. Other campers walk through your site constantly. Surface is not gravel for the site but chewed up asphalt. The owner's act like it doesn't matter what we paid for, we should be lucky to be here. We forfeited our money and went to another campground. Don't waste your time or money at this place. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Not close to London central. Close to highway exit but in the middle of nowhere. If you have to book a partial hook-up site and then move to full hook-up in the middle of your stay, ensure that they clearly mark on your bill which dates you will be staying at each site and ensure that they are charging the proper amount for each site.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

Nothing but good to say about the campground and the management. Friendly employees. Pool and hot tub were very clean. Campground was well kept and has had many upgrades since I was there two years ago. Owner was a pleasure to talk to. After reading a few other reviews I believe the owner must have been provoked if their review was the truth. I cannot see him getting excited about too much. Seems very laid back and a pleasure to deal with. Will definately be back and will recommend to my friends. Had my Harley and my golf cart with me and both were no problem to use. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

Beware of corrupt practices and billing. Manager got violent and aggressively demanded I leave the camp when I tried to talk about being harassed by youth at night. He refused refund an entire month of fees already paid, refused to listen and even tried to injure me he was so angry when I complained. He lied and said he called police to have me removed then I thought he was going to hit me, and all I wanted was to talk about the problem to get my money back. It was so traumatic I will never be able to stay in an RV camp again. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Truck Camper.

Just long enough for my truck camper
Fire Ring

bring tick protection and know self defence as the manager can suddenly become violent for no provocation at all

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $43.00

We expected the worst from the earlier negative reviews but were very pleasantly surprised. We liked Campers Corner a lot. As noted by others, there are rather few full service sites and we had to settle for 30 amp service, but the place had a very calm, unhurried and pleasant feel about it, with many beautiful shade trees, and it was well groomed and neat as a pin. The new owner is extremely pleasant and accommodating, there whenever you need him but not in your face. Although there is some traffic noise (which did not bother us), it's extremely accessible to the 401 highway and there's a Husky Travel Centre right across the street (Rt 74). We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

Row A

Coming off 401, it's very easy to miss Cromarty Drive. It's just past the eastbound 401 entrance ramp.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $60.00

Camper's corner is an old KOA, kept the prices of KOA. We needed 2 services only close to family reunion at NOTL. Not satisfied. Trees need to be trimmed. Roads need upgrading. Not a warm welcome. Too expensive for 2 services. We do not travel with children, so we do not need to pay for the swings, etc.

We won't return. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $55.00

Pleasantly surprised after reading other reviews. New owners are working hard to make this a nice campground. The trees have been trimmed and I had no problem maneuvering a 45' coach, although the roads are a bit narrow and I did have to go on the grass a couple of times. Most of the interior roads have new gravel as do some of the sites. WiFi was not working when we arrived, but was back up with a good connection and fair speed the next morning. Most sites are 30 amp only and without a sewer connection. There is a fair bit of highway noise but with a fan running inside we couldn't hear it. Very easy on and off from 401 but the road for the camp is right next to the east bound on ramp and easy to miss. We would definitely stay again and look forward to seeing anticipated improvements. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

Lots of shopping a short drive west on Wellington Rd. An old time drive in theater is still in business a mile from the park. Flying J is also just west on 401.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $38.00

This campground used to be a KOA. There are new owners now. The owners are friendly, but the campground is in very rough shape. Weeds everywhere, sites are pretty much just grass no gravel or blacktop. Pool was OK, but hot tub broken. Electrical hookups are very old, we kept blowing a breaker by just using our microwave. It was a convenient stop right off of the highway for a one night stay. I would not stay again, though. There are other campgrounds in the area. The new owners have a lot of work to do to get this campground into satisfactory condition. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $46.00

The rate cited is Canadian dollars, after a Good Sam discount. Park is clean, restrooms are immaculate when I looked in but did not use. Since there is no cable TV. We were able to only pull in 5 channels, a Japanese language channel, cartoon channel and 3 others that were not that great. I have Wi-Fi on my laptop and was not able to go online no matter what I did. Kept getting the message "Wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration". I went to the office and woman had no idea how to solve the problem. This park is good for easy on/off hwy but for the price I expect better services. You do have road noise. At our site was a fire ring that was below ground so that could be a hazard for someone not aware of its location. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

MDM

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $48.00

Note: This park is no longer part of the KOA system and is now called Campers Corner RV Campground. The park has not changed owners. We had been here before (last time about 5 years ago) and was not too impressed with its condition and cleanliness. This visit was better, it is still looking old but the grass and landscaping seem to be in better shape. The pool and hot tub are definitely cleaner than we had seen previously. They are improving the road conditions to reduce water/mud puddles. As stated by other reviewers, it is very handy to London and area and good for one or two night stay. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $47.00

Rate reflects tax and value card discount. Was assigned to a site that when we attempted to enter the pull thru we encountered a very muddy site which when going back to the office they put us in a dry one. Considering that this was a long weekend we were surprised that there were so many empty sites and thus could not understand why they put us in a messy site at the outset. Only here one night, but observed that the campground suffers greatly from general neglect, but has potential with some tender loving care to be a great campground. Cutting limbs in general would be of extreme benefit. We could not open our awning all the way and many other sites seem to have a similar problem. Need gravel on most all the pull thru sites. Services were okay. Only back-ins have full service while all pull thru sites have only water and power. Wi-Fi was weak, but relied on our Bell stick which worked well. Road noise was not a real concern from our site. Might stay here again if there is nothing else available. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $47.00

This is a good RV Park for an overnight. And that is exactly what we were here for. It's a basic park on Hwy.#401 which we were using for crossing from NY to MI. Nothing fancy. Gravel with a grassy area for a table. Our site #40 had some shade. It's close to the highway, but fairly quiet. Only 30 AMP and no cable. On the pricy side for what you get. There is a Flying J two exits from the KOA. Note: Fuel is expensive in Canada. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $50.00

A somewhat plain KOA, but, as noted by others, close to the 401. Spacious, level, grassed, pull-trough sites with relatively easy access over graveled roads. Some traffic noise from the 401 was evident, but we did not notice it with the AC running. Basically, a convenient stop-over on our way through Canada. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $44.00

This is a beautifully grassed and treed campground. It is well maintained. It is easy off and on the 401. It is a bit expensive, but that is off set by the best WiFi I have seen in a CG. It is included in the price, fast, and no annoying problems signing in. We camped at Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Campers Corner RV Campground (formerly London / 401 KOA) ?