Algonquin Provincial Park - Pog Lake Campground

Whitney, Ontario

Recent Rate: $44 8/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

Onemoretrail

Day pass for Algonquin Park included in campground nightly rate. However, I was told I had to go directly to the campground from the east gate. I could purchase a day pass at the gate and hope to get reimbursed at the campground, but no guarantee I would get it. That meant I had to skip some of the sites in the park that required a permit. Campground office staff advised me that water was only available at the trailer sanitary station 2km north of the park. Be aware access road from highway to it is narrow. Nice size campsite (#303), but connecting to electric pedestal very difficult as it was over 50 feet away in the bushes. I ended up using the 15 amp plug as I didn't have enough 30 amp line. I found a water tap nearby to the electric. It appeared to be for all surrounding campsites. No cable TV or Wi-Fi in this wilderness park. After getting contradictory or not very reassuring answers to some of my questions on campground facilities we won't be coming back. We camped at Algonquin Provincial Park - Pog Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

SailAway

This was our second trip to Algonquin, and again had a great time. The campground is clean, and my husband used the campground shower since the campsites don't have water hookups. Our little trailer doesn't have a very large water tank. He was sweet enough to let me shower in the camper while he used the public one. He said they had great showers, very roomy and a powerful shower spray. During our stay, we saw an abundance of wildlife. Saw one black bear, one wolf, blue herons, beavers, deer, adorable red squirrels, chipmunks of course, a sweet little field mouse who sat with us by our campfire one evening and ran across my husband's feet and best of all were the Moose. I saw three and DH saw I think five or six total. That made my trip complete upon seeing them. I just love moose and have always wanted to see one in the wild. My wish was finally fulfilled. There are plenty of lakes to go canoing, kayaking, and fishing. Algonquin is a beautiful area and worth a visit. We camped at Algonquin Provincial Park - Pog Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Algonquin Provincial Park - Pog Lake Campground?