Barton Park

• Sewer Sewer no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Boating Boating yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Barton Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $28.00

This is a nice find. The park is ten miles off the highway, but worth the drive. It is nice, quiet and has spacious sites. Easy access to back-in sites. There were a few other campers spread out in the newer grassy site area. This is a good spot to get away for a few days to relax and enjoy the sunshine. We camped at Barton Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $28.00

Lovely, partially wooded park with level sites and some privacy trees. Don't GPS the park, go by directions or you will come in on a very narrow road. Good Verizon. Some sites don't get satellite including mine but I think site 66 in front of me would. The entrance to the park is very narrow and I hit a low hanging branch. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

This campground is a ways from attractions. But what I wanted to see was in every direction so good choice for me.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $26.00

Very pleasant. Full service, back in, asphalt level site. Bathhouse was clean throughout our 3 day stay. County park attendant provided good security and attention to grounds. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $26.00

This is a nicely landscaped park with a couple of different sections. I camped in the Barton East section which looks to be newer. There are back in and large, flat pull thrus. The roads are easy to navigate although the front ranger gate is extremely tight. Watch your mirrors. The back in section has less privacy and is completely exposed. The pull thru section has more trees. Internet was great here on Verizon, ATT and T-Mobile. Att and Verizon were both pulling down over 40mbps. I didn't test T mobile but I was streaming fine with it. No booster needed. I was not able to get a single OTA channel but if you have satellite you'll have an easy clear view. Staff was friendly but not intrusive. This is also a good park for dogs. There's a nice trail around the park and plenty of walking if you head down to the other campground and day use area. Portland is a 35-45 min drive depending on traffic. Plenty of shopping near by for necessities. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Barton Park

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

As you drove into the park the person in the office told us where our space was, we were never told to report to the CG host and sign-in. I guess this is what you are supposed to do. Poor communication. Anyway, we had a great site in #60. It was almost fully shaded and much appreciated as it was hovering over 100 degrees. Sites ranged from almost full shade to full sun. We had water and electric, the dump was on the right as you departed. It's a nice little CG with shaded roads to walk on to other areas of the park. Visually appealing. It is off the beaten path but if the weather was cooler we would have enjoyed our stay more. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

It's a neat, clean little campground.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $28.00

2 reviews 4.0 star rating 7/31/2017 Recently stayed at Barton East. This area is the newest and landscaping does not provide much shade or privacy. I was told water supply problems prevented irrigation, hence the lawn areas were quite dry and brown. It is my understanding the water issues have been solved so, hopefully the area will begin to green-up. The showers and restroom areas can use additional attention, cleaning a little more often would be nice. The push button showers are awful. Three button pushes to get past the cold water and if you do another three it moves to the warmer than comfortable side. 30 to 45 seconds per button push. Reminded me of water rationing in the military. For the most part we found campground to be quite nice. All staff and hosts I encountered were pleasant and accommodating. Many people have commented about the rules and some disagree with all or part. It is my opinion that in such a large park that provides areas for overnighters, rv's, and day users certain rules are required to help keep the areas safe and clean for all to use. This area is definitely clean and we always felt secure. Can some of the help possibly benefit from a a visit to "nice" school, sure, but you can find poor service or rude people just about anywhere, if you are looking. Common sense does not find its way into everyone's life, unfortunately. We found this campground to be relaxing, and a great place to use as a base while visiting in the Portland area. We enjoyed our stay and tried to extend a few more days, however the park seems to be at capacity on weekends. We camped at Barton Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Barton East 63
Asphalt, Grass

Convenience store with fuel and a Deli located within walking distance, otherwise must drive for additional services. Outside visitors must pay a daily vehicle entrance fee of 5 dollars.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $24.00

Our first stay here and it won't be our last. A very quiet park, no highway or train noise, only a random airplane once in a while. We camped in the west campground which has mostly grass campsites. Had a bit of trouble with leveling but my husband figured it out. Campsites are huge, very wide, we could park our truck beside our camper with no problem. We had to find a new park to stay in when we visit the Portland area because the park we'd been staying in for 15 years won't let us stay anymore because our rig was too old. Barton Park is more than acceptable substitute. It was sure a lot quieter and less expensive which make up for it being a little out of the way. We'll definitely be staying here again. We camped at Barton Park in a Truck Camper.

Quite a bit longer than my truck camper and travel trailer (plenty of space)

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

I stayed in Barton East (the newer and fancier part of the RV park) for three nights while passing through in a 27 foot motorhome with tow car. I was supposed to be in and paid for a pull through site --site 65. When I arrived I pulled in and unhooked my car and the camp hosts came up and read out all the rules and had me sign I'd read the rules, etc., etc., and then casually mentioned that the big hole in front of and to the left of my site was a pond that was under construction and the heavy trucks started at 7 am. I said then I needed another site. They were stunned - stunned - and then got angry that I was being so unreasonable. I didn't think not wanting to be next to an undisclosed construction site was unreasonable. Final upshot -- after much discussion of possible alternatives -- was that I moved to another site -- site 96. Which was fine. I had some construction equipment driving by but it wasn't a nuisance. Barton East has a pull through section and a back in section. Back in section that is closest to the pull through section has the most shade and were nice sites and were all filled while I was there. Area I was in was basically full sun. Pads are paved and level, sites are fairly close together, and the pads are not all that long. Barton West which is down the hill is an older campground, is grassy and has more shade, and is mostly used by tent campers and smaller trailers. The best part of this park is the day use area on the Clackamas River. Huge beautiful grassy area with enormous shade trees with narrow trails going down through the woods to the river. River is very popular with tubers. Electric and water were fine. Dump station actually had some shade. Verizon was good. Park is perfectly maintained. Just don't select sites 64 or 65 until the pond is completed. They lock the gate at 10 pm. Didn't use the restrooms or showers. Portland is 40 minutes away -- traffic was heavy. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

If you need RV repairs or servicing call Wayne's Mobile RV Repair -- his shop is in Gresham about 30 minutes north of the park. Reattached my generator's exhaust pipe which had come loose for a pittance and then I had him do an oil change on my Class C Ford F450. And he threw in a free RV wash! Great reviews from everyone which is truly rare in the RV world in my experience.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $26.00

Barton Park is a Clackamas County RV Park. The Clackamas River flows through the lower campground. The east campground is newer and set up very nice. It is a beautiful campground, and the spacing between sites is good. They keep the campground nice and clean. There are beautiful plants and trees. It is a very quiet place to stay, with no traffic, planes, or trains to interrupt your sleep. The park staff are very nice people. Sweetwater was especially helpful and kind. Portland was only 30-35 minutes away when you avoided morning or afternoon work traffic. The only improvement would be to remove a couple of trees at the dump station, and to supply a hose. It was a tight maneuver with our 36 ft. 5th wheel, and the tree limbs scraped our unit. We would return to Barton Park when visiting the Portland area. We camped at Barton Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Grass

We visited Multnomah Falls, Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens, Powell's Books, Edgefield Hotel and Grounds and ate/drank at McMenamins. Love the hard cider! Go to the small town of Sandy and eat at the Tollgate Inn. The clam chowder, chicken fried steak, meatloaf, and biscuits/gravy are delicious! The Tollgate bakery makes delicious goodies and sandwiches! Winco grocery store is not far!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $24.00

Barton Park is yet another Oregon gem. It's a well kept county park near Portland, right above the Clackamas river. There is a lovely park on the river below the campground with a boat ramp and fishing. Like someone else said, it would be a lovely place for a wedding or family reunion. We stayed in one of the pull through sites in the west campground. We have a 25' motorhome, so we were able to make it work, but anything bigger would want to be in a bigger space. The hookups were on the wrong side in most of the west campground pull-throughs. We ended up backing and filling and going into the space backwards. There was also enough of a slant that we weren't able to correct it, and with the record rainfall this spring, the ground was really (really) soft. We'd place our blocks, then drive them right into the ground when we drove up on them. The west campground is prettier. Landscaping is more mature. Trees are bigger. The east campground looks brand new, and is better suited for bigger rigs, but isn't as pretty. Both campgrounds are next to wetlands. In the summer, mosquitoes might be a problem. The camp host was excellent. We made a reservation for five days, then couldn't count, and stayed six days. On the sixth day, we were in Portland shopping, and got a phone call from the host, telling us we'd left some of our things at the site. That was really nice. Verizon and AT&T were solid. OTA TV wasn't. We didn't get any channels. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

It's right on the Clackamas river. Also a reasonable place to hang out if someone is flying in or out of PDX.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $30.00

We stayed in the East campground and this side is a fairly new park with paved streets and sites. The pull-throughs are big enough for a large 5th wheel and we disconnected the truck. It's nicely landscaped with open spaces and several ponds. There may be mosquitos in the warmer months though. There is water and electric but no sewer. We will definitely stay here again when in the area. We camped at Barton Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $26.00

Site 71 in the East Campground. Nice park, good power and water, no sewer. Many spacious, long back in sites. None are shaded. Several shaded pull throughs but most looked tight for big rigs. Adequate showers with button you had to push every 30 seconds for water, lack of safety hand rails a significant issue. OK dog walking. All sites are paved, with fire pits and tables. West Campground has shorter grass and gravel sites. Smaller rigs might find it prettier there, but big rigs would have tree problems; doable but not easy. The park is in the Portland airport flight path depending on wind direction. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

Closest shopping is in Sandy, about 10 miles away; 45 minutes to downtown Portland.

Trader Joe's and every other store you could want is in Clackamas.

The security lights on the restroom buildings are very bright; I'm glad we weren't close.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $26.00

Quiet county park outside the city, but close enough to drive in to visit. We stayed here 10 days since I needed to fly out of PDX to return home for a wedding while DH watched over the unit and Bengal cat. I was able to get a weekend reservation here within one-week notice for August so that was pretty impressive. You'll need over a month's advance notice for weekends at the state parks. They keep the grass green and trimmed here. Picnic tables are located at the back-side of the parking pad, a little odd to me, but I suppose they figured you'd want to enjoy the grassy area more than next to your RV door. Sites are pretty close together too, so maybe too tight for picnic tables, plus it would be tough to maintain the narrow strip of grass. They are planting young trees between sites, so in 10 years I can expect there to be a little privacy and eventually shade? If I could have reserved much sooner, I'd have chosen one of the pull-thru sites in the trees. If you have a smaller unit without tow vehicle, you should check out the other camping section, it's set in the trees more with back-in sites for more privacy. I never got to check out the bath house. We work online so Verizon LTE data coverage is important for us, and this area had solid LTE service. We camped at Barton Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $26.00

We stayed in the RV section (Barton East) for a week. The campground in general is quite nice, with newly paved roads and sites, decently sized sites, and a huge green field in the center of the main loop. Most sites are back-in with full sun and plenty of space. There are about 8 crescent pull-throughs that have more shade and privacy, but are right up against the trees with very little camping space. We chose the back-in. The park is mainly used by locals for weekend camping and activities along the river, and as a camper you can walk down to the river to swim, tube, etc. There are a few trails around the park which are good for walking dogs, and the campground itself is large enough for most dog walks. The main downside is that because of the several small lakes that surround the campground, the grass and roads were covered in goose droppings so you continuously need to watch your step. The lakes are overgrown/swampy so not good for getting the dogs wet. The showers were clean but water was lukewarm and the shower head created a fine spray making the water feel even cooler. The camp host was very friendly and helpful. We had only 2 bars of AT&T and Verizon 4G but both worked pretty well. Note: the park apparently locks their gates at 10pm nightly, although we were never out late so didn't confirm this. We used Barton Park as a home base to visit Portland and the Columbia Gorge. Unfortunately it's about 60 minutes to Portland due to traffic and 45 minutes to Columbia Gorge due to lack of main roads nearby. We'd definitely consider staying here again (it's a great park with a great price), but we might try to stay closer to Portland for a few nights to visit without all the driving/traffic. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $30.00

This is a nice park, with very clean restrooms and free showers, nice playground, short walk to an amazing park on the river. Would be a great spot for a wedding or family parties. All kind of sites available, some great wooded areas for tents or small campers. I would of given it a 10 but some sites are close together. AT&T cell work well. We camped at Barton Park in a Motorhome.

Great area for biking, rafting and fishing.

Featured Campgrounds Near Barton Park

Are you affiliated with Barton Park ?