Willamette Wine Country RV Park

Dayton, Oregon

Longitude: -123.074192259216

Silver Tex

This place smell really bad. Seriously. There are some open fields so when we smelled what we thought was fertilized. After we took a drive on a side road that goes behind the park we were surprised to learn that there were 2 huge holding ponds for raw human sewage. The day before we left the air was still and the smell became unbearable. There are other issues with this park; however, this is the deal breaker. Never going to return. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

rvfools

I called for a reservation and they stated that the rate with Good Sam and AAA were $36.00. I asked if that was the price including tax. They said YES. I inquired about WIFI and they said it is included. When we arrived a few hours later, My husband checked in and the bill was $40.36. I called the desk from my site and they informed me that there was an additional $4.00 processing fee and an additional fee that we need to pay on line of $5.00 for WIFI. The place was certainly nothing special. WE WILL NEVER RETURN!!!!!!!!!!! RIP OFF!!!!!!! We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

I was surprised to see some of the lower recent reviews. We had stayed at this park a few years ago and feared it had gone downhill. We did not find this to be the case at all. Long pull-through level sites with grass and picnic tables. Yes, some of the grass is brown, but I was pleased they are conserving water. Very close to wine tasting. We would definitely stay here again. We have a 43 ft rig. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

oretortuga

On one phone call to the park made reservations for two big rigs. Later noticed $4.00 charged for each site as a reservation charge. I have never had to pay a reservation fee unless there was a 3rd party doing the reservation service---I was not informed of this fee when I called. At the parking site cable TV was very snowy and hard to watch. My 50 amp electrical system would shut down due to low voltage problems in the afternoon hours because of many folks using air conditioning. Not a bad park except for overcharging, poor electrical, poor TV. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Doug67

The managers do not have a clue about the needs and wants of RVers. They open and close the office randomly even though they have enough help to keep it open. The grass is more dead than alive, weeds are in the cracks, lights are out, etc. The sites are not level and generally require boards under the tires. Then they charge too much for what you get. We will not return. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

loves to camp w/dogs

Price does not reflect $3 charge for making the reservation online. Hookups inconvenient, water spigot it situated so you can't put a splitter on it. We had a pull thru, had to unhitch the tow first to get the motor home in line for connections. The trees on sites don't really provide shade, grass is not green, they did mow while we were there which made it more presentable. Lots of kids during the weekend using pool, etc. Did not use baths, showers or laundry. We had moved here from a 10 park in McMinnville because we wanted to stay another 3 nights visiting friends. Had also read on a review that the management required notice when leaving or would charge another night....this wasn't verbalized at check in, however, we did drop a note in the mailbox the am of leaving just to be safe (ridiculous little rule). We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Windshift

This looks like an older park trying to upgrade. The cable is analog TV and does not come in well. The sites are narrow with slides out. They could use some better maintenance of the grounds. The first thing we had to do was to clean up our site after someone's dog. Then sweep the cement pad and remove the weeds from the cracks. Everything else seems to work well. You have to make your reservation on-line. When you call they say they return calls twice a day. This was not our first choice for this area and while there is nothing bad about this park we will probably look elsewhere if we are in the area again. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

kenny449

When we made our reservation about a month ago, we requested the same site as we had previously stayed in. They had our information so they knew which one it was. We called back about a week ahead of time and confirmed and they assured us again our site was available. At check in at 3:00 in the afternoon after a days drive, the office was closed for lunch. Lunch at 3:00 during prime check in time? Once the office was open, I told them someone was in our site. They informed me that that was not the site I was reserved in. As the owner/manager was away, we checked with her a few days later, there was on record of the site being changed and she confirmed that we should have been in that site. The rig in the site we had reserved has had no one in it the whole time we have been here and they have a "team" getting to the bottom of the mix up. I don't know if I wold stay here again since there is no way of knowing ahead of arriving if I actually have a reservation even though I have two emails confirming my reservation, site number and a confirmation number. Also, there has been to presence of any staff outside the office the whole time we have been here so I'm not sure any of the rules would be enforced. I know the rule regarding the year restriction and condition of rigs isn't. There are a lot of live ins in the park and most of their sites are kept up, some are not. One weird rule is that you have to check out or you will be charged for an additional night or nights until they figure out you aren't still here. I guess you have to do that if you never leave the office. The park is putting is some really nice vintage trailers but unfortunately about a half dozen of there are in the larger pull throughs for big rigs. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Areveenewbie

Have stayed here a few times. Might be getting worse. The rates are. Usually I am through here in the summer. Rates were the same in winter as in summer. Decent facilities. Office is never open in the winter, I guess. The guy who mows the lawns is nice, but the guy rolling around on skateboard is new. I liked the lady manager when I've been here before, but didn't get a chance to meet the new one. The permanent stay folks seem a bit unhappy with the way things are going, I guess. I'll probably see what else is in the area. The last time I looked there weren't very many choices. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

silverado

Good stop, near McMinnville and Evergreen Air and Space Museum(MUST STOP) Mostly pull throughs. Cable TV terrible. WiFi strong. Verizon OK. Could use a dedicated dog park. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Doug67

Nice cement pads long enough for big rigs. Extra parking for toad. Picnic table at most sites. Grass between sites and nice separation. Some trees that are tall and some that are short. Nice managers. The main problems for me are these: they do not regularly mow the grass. I was here on a monthly stint, and they mowed my site about once a month. I currently have grass that is taller than my knees where they haven't trimmed. There is indeed a smell from the sewage ponds that are immediately east of the park but the prevailing wind is from the west so it is rarely smelled and it doesn't generally last too long. There is at least one long term camper who ties their black lab outside and leaves. The dog barks a lot, but the managers won't do anything about it. The park has the "10 year rule" but there are several RVs that far exceed it. There is even one that has plywood nailed on the outside to cover damage to the siding and several other RVs that have not been washed in years. They are green with mold. The highway noise is there, but not a problem unless you are very sensitive to noise. They just got new managers so things are changing. Hopefully for the better. One change is that they now have full recycling and not just cardboard. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Don Howard

Very nice park, paved sites, lots of grass, well lighted. Close to wineries, 30 minutes to a casino. The park store is open Sundays during the season. Several lived-in RVs, but they keep the area uncluttered. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

T Conboy

This campground was just a big parking lot with hookups. We stayed here for a close shakedown trip of our new RV. There were many long term residents that seemed a bit shady. The store was closed Sunday and the staff were nowhere to be found. Horrible stench from nearby water. Place was reasonably clean and well taken care of. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Hungry Horse Android

We wanted to stay another night in the area but the park near to the Evergreen museum was booked. I put in a reservation request that night to Willamette Wine Country and promptly the next morning, received a call from them -- confirming a site for us. I thought the park was nice. Lots of places to walk your dogs. Staff was really nice and efficient at check in. We were pleased with the location. I didn't notice any smells from the ponds. There is traffic noise as you are close to the road but, it was consistent so not bothersome. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

dvd143

I was surprised to read some of the negative reviews below because I did not have the same experience. We were in town spending the summer with relatives and chose to rent a space here for seven weeks and we found the RV park a wonderful experience. Close to the main road but not overburdened in noise. Nice bathrooms. Nice laundry room. Nice recreation room. Nice workers on site. The surrounding sites were clean and maintained. There is one area of the park where long term renters tended to be placed, and we chose to be in that area and never had one concern and to be honest we loved the area so much that we are scheduled to return in June 2013 for several weeks again. We camped at Willamette Wine Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Pheasant Ridge RV Resort

Wilsonville, Oregon

Scandia RV & Mobile Park

Bend, Oregon

Mulkey R V Park

McMinnville, Oregon

Are you affiliated with Willamette Wine Country RV Park?