Shamrock Village

Eugene, Oregon

• yes-river Waterfront

Craig H

Upon arrival, I actually drove around the block because I wasn't sure I wanted to stay here. Even though I had anticipated a 50% discount with Passport America, the neighborhood and trailer park scene was almost unbearable. My wife told me the price was too good to just drive by and not stop. The host was very friendly and helpful. Eager to show me my site, I couldn't help to notice how narrow each site would be to my neighbor. I was an early arrival. By nights end, the nearest neighbor was right on top of my slide out. As I review, trains are rumbling and blowing their call. Tracks are close and horns are loud. Be aware of sirens. The good can be found in the WiFi. 30mbs are standard. Enough bandwidth to stream your movies or Skype your family. Overall, come here with our PA discount but don't expect the Oregon wilderness you may be used to. Appreciate being close to all the city has to offer and the good WiFi. You're going to be distraught by the tight turns and close neighbors. But we are not in the pristine forest! Expect city dwelling with a trailer park feel. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Fifth Wheel.

WindsorDave

Before we booked our reservation I read the previous reviews and was really skeptical. We were in Eugene for the U of Oregon graduation ceremony so amenities were not important. The receptionist was pleasant and helpful. The area of the campground for short-term stay was very tight for Class A rigs. Use caution! The trees were trimmed back, the asphalt was clean and moss free. The power was adequate. The trains were frequent but not bothersome as others have stated. I guess it has a lot to do with how well your rig is insulated. The park is close to the University. Of course it rained! We camped at Shamrock Village in a Motorhome.

Debs F

The manager was very friendly and gave good directions to our site. In the office is a sign indicating that a very active train runs adjacent to the park. The train ran several times throughout the night. Recommend ear plugs. Sites were heavily covered with moss as well as the pavement covered in moss. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Fifth Wheel.

Terry Buholm

We found this place in Passport America. I thought we would try it out for the night. OMG where to start! The women checking us in was nice; thats the only thing I can say was nice about this place. Leaves and moss everywhere. The river which is the big draw is off limits - NO TRESPASSING. If you do, theres a large fine. After we set up camp, they put a 5th wheel next to me even though empty spots were everywhere. The second he plugged in, my surge guard started to chatter loudly and I had to disconnect the power to make it stop. I thought it had gone out, called a local electrician and was told the box was $768.00 not installed. Spent the night worrying with no power. When the 5th wheel left the next day turned on the power and all was well. The cable TV they advertised was not working and needed a box. Wi-Fi did not work. Sat TV wouldn't work because of the trees. AND THE TRAINS!!!! OMG they were right next to this place and elevated up high and they run day and night. The price is PA rate. We would not stay there again. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Motorhome.

Jpgull

More of a mobilehome park. River sites are a joke. The river is off limits and you are parallel parked along a main road. Pop outs are in the road. The train noise is loud and constant! This is a nice area and there are many better parks to choose from. Don't stay here! We camped at Shamrock Village in a Motorhome.

L Eaton

We stayed here because of the Good Sam ad that boasted "sparkling clean bathrooms." Couldn't be further from the truth. Spider webs (and spiders) looming in the corners in both bathrooms, and the larger bathroom was just filthy. Did laundry there, and the whole place smelled like sewer and non-working washers were shoved into a corner of the room, and one of the three top-loading washers and two of the dryers were out of order. Was told sewer lines ran below it. The buildings were old and not well maintained. There was street moss at each RV site, and the permanent side had sites that were just downright junky. Wish I could say the staff was friendly, but can't even do that. Won't stay there again unfortunately because the river was right there! We camped at Shamrock Village in a Motorhome.

Don Geidel

We stayed here one night and did not disconnect. The pull thru spaces are less than fifty feet long,so for my 30 foot (exterior length) trailer and Toyota Tundra I was sticking out at both ends. The park is mostly permanent residents and looks shabby. Everything is clean, but very old and not updated at all. Trains pass all night within mere feet of the park on an elevated rail line and road traffic noises are also loud. Way too expensive for what they offer. I would not stay here again. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Travel Trailer.

peplover

Like the other reviews said, they have tight overflow nightly spots on a blacktop parking lot style. I did not check here before booking this place and should have. Nice host but the real problem was the train that ran next to the lot on a Friday night starting from 10 PM to at least 3 AM every hour. I just need a place to rest before continuing my journey.Boy was I tired the next day. Not recommended unless you're a heavy sleeper.10% good sam's discount We camped at Shamrock Village in a Fifth Wheel.

TwelveOaks

We were put in a black-top parking lot with a few trees, right next to the train tracks. The "park" is in a less-than-desirable neighborhood with ill-kept homes in the permanent resident's area. We tried two different cable boxes, but couldn't get service. When checking out, I was told the charge on the boxes must have expired. Really bad service! We camped at Shamrock Village in a Travel Trailer.

sierramom

This is really a parking lot-type park, with sites one on top of the other and quite short and narrow. The Wi-Fi was really fast. We could only get a dozen or so cable channels. The bathrooms are in an older building but are clean and up-to-date inside. We heard 4 or 5 freight trains come by in the night and they were very, very loud. Friendly host. Many permanent residents. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Motorhome.

Awesome Navigator

The spots were short and a tight fit. The whole area was blacktop. We had a difficult time getting out of our spot. They were too narrow and had trees too close together at the entrance of each spot. The train tracks are very close, but not a bother us. Parking your car or truck near you RV was also a problem. I advise anyone over 30' to stay away. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Fifth Wheel.

nevadabob

This really isn't an RV park. It's a Mobile Home park with a few overnight/short-term RV sites. For the price, you get friendly, decent service, large laundry, easy access to all that the Willamette Valley and Cascades has to offer, nearby shopping, dining, and U of O, and you have a clean area. It's great for a short term stay. The downsides of this place are that a major train track runs right at the back of the RV parking area, with traffic on it 4 or 5 times a day/night. Also, the spaces are pretty tight, yet adequate for large rigs. I wouldn't want to try to get 42 feet plus a car through the site when the place is full. We stayed in an off season. I wouldn't return to this place during a busy season, just because I don't think I could get my 60 feet of equipment into and out of it. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Fifth Wheel.

LT92

115 sites, as stated in their literature, is very misleading. The majority of the park are monthly sites, park models and motorhomes. The pullthru sites are truly awful if you have a big rig (and even if you don't!). Very narrow, hard to maneuver, nothing but concrete and so tight you can't put your slides out on both sides, not to mention a total lack of privacy. What is nice about this park is if you can get one of the river sites. Lots of grass, large trees, shade and overlooking the Willamette River. BEWARE...these are "parallel parking" type sites and the road is not flat, so some difficulty leveling the rig. Also, they are water/electric only so good for a short stay. A bit outdated, with electric on one end and water on the other, so be sure to have long hoses and/or electrical cords or carry extensions. Site #1 is not used so if you can get site #2, you've got lots of room behind you. Despite all written above, having all that grass, shade and the river makes for a lovely spot to just kick back and let the world go by. Yes, there are the usual trains with their whistles but after awhile, you don't even pay attention to them. We camped at Shamrock Village in a Motorhome.

Albany / Corvallis KOA

Albany, Oregon

Eugene Kamping World RV Park

Coburg, Oregon

Eugene Mobile & RV Village

Eugene, Oregon

Are you affiliated with Shamrock Village?