Turtle Rock RV Resort

Gold Beach, Oregon

28788 Hunter Creek Loop
Gold Beach, Oregon 97444

• Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Turtle Rock RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $52.00

We stayed here as we drove down the coast with 2 friends. The park was just off the 101. We had 3 pull thru sites, close together. We were near the bathhouse and laundry. We used both of them. We stayed here for one night and enjoyed being able to take the path to the beach. We walked down to the beach twice, once during the day and once for sunset. Our sites were gravel and grass. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Visit Gold Beach, the beach and the town!

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $55.00

We arrived late after completing the purchase of a used trailer that was not fitted with many items needed for camping including water, sewer hookups. The location was the first campground we came across; the office was closed with open sites posted on the bulletin board. We registered the following morning. It is the only time in 4 years of camping I wish I'd stiffed the park and left early. The foul attitude of the guy who checked us in made us decide to not purchase any items we were going to get in the small store. After explaining we needed to make some adjustments with the new trailer, and asking if we could stay past check out time, he said we could stay until 11 (checkout time.) The camp was not full by any stretch. We went to town, got what we needed, left before checkout and will not come back. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $42.00

Off-season stay. Site was spacious and dry. Great access to the ocean beach. Only a little problem with cable hook-up as thread was stripped. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $20.00

A nice, well-maintained park with various length pull thru sites as well as back in sites. My site, #69, was long enough for my 40' Class A towing an 18' car hauler trailer and remain connected. I had to pull all the way to the front of the site which required me to block my wheels in anticipation of a wheel being elevated because the site slanted to the PS. It was my preference to not have the wheels elevated so that's why I maintained a high review and did not deduct any satisfaction value in my rating. Bathrooms and showers are available but we did not use, even though tubs are available. My wife has been wanting to take a bath since we started FT!! A short walk to the beach from the park to see the Turtle Rock!! Easy to navigate interior roadways. Sites are FHU with 30A/50A and cable. WiFi is also provided although weak but not unlike other parks I have visited. Passport America discounts makes this park a top-of-the-list park for me. Office staff are very welcoming and friendly. Office has a few camping essentials and snacks. A DVD movie cabinet is in the office for campers to view and return. Sites are graveled with a grass patio area. We are fairly close to our neighbors but not intrusive. I will camp here again when in the area. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Take the drive south along the Oregon Coast Highway to Brookings. Take the time to stop at the viewpoints to capture the beauty and ruggedness of the coast line. You won't find anything like the scenes along this coast line!!!

Featured Campgrounds Near Turtle Rock RV Resort

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

The park is nothing like the web site. It is extremely dusty. The roads are not paved and you cannot drive without dust. Would not recommend this park. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $50.00

Stayed 2 nights in a pull through campsite, plenty of rooms for 38' and tow. Had a pleasant stay, campground was very quiet and not far from Gold Beach. Short walk down to beach, didn't spend much time there as it was really windy, think that's the norm for July. I would stay here again! We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $52.00

This is a pretty typical resort area RV park. The roads in the park are mostly gravel (dusty) and the sites are dirt/gravel. This is another of those parks that uses the word "resort" rather loosely. They do have some cabins and some RV sites that include a deck with a hot tub so maybe that fills out the definition of resort. There is a tyrail down to the river that is rather nice in the evening. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Fire Ring

Fires only allowed when the winds drop below 5 MPH.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $52.00

Our stay at Turtle Rock RV Resort June 26th - July 5th was a combination of the good, bad, and the ugly! We reserved our spot early (mid-April) near the ocean, knowing we would be there over the 4th holiday and wanted the prime "ocean" location. When we arrived, that assigned spot was entirely too small for our 40 foot MH/with a towed. At first, the office suggested I had told them I had a 30 foot MH, but did finally relent and worked hard to accommodate us. They went above and beyond to shift and sort reservations to allow us to remain for the duration of our stay, with one site relocation mid-stay and with no additional cost to us for any site "upgrade". The first assigned site was "Creek side", the most expensive sites, back-in and not all that great IMO. The second site was a pull-through in the large, center, open area of the park. No case were we near the ocean, although in no case is the ocean/beach really visible from any of the RV park sites. All sites are all gravel and rather close together, some are located in the open, and some are located in a heavily forested area, but for the most part are adequate; the park can be very dusty. Bathrooms/showers/laundry is reasonably clean but nothing special. The Park does not have a pool or other amenities that the term "resort" would indicate. This park is definitely not a Resort by my definition. Things that impact stays at Turtle Rock RV Resort, but are out of the resorts control, and are due to it's proximity to the Pacific Ocean: wind, temps, fog/mist. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

54 - 67
Other
Fire Ring

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $49.00

We had a long pull thru. Didn't have to disconnect my truck. Walking path to the beach. Short drive to town. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $22.00

We were happy with this park - nothing great, nothing bad. Wide roads and nice level sites. The park is basically in two sections and we were in the front section close to the restrooms. That in itself is an advantage, but also further away from the US 101. We did not hear road noise at all. Access to both the river and a private path under the road to the beach. There are a couple of benches along the river where you can sit and just watch the river flow. No dog park, but a nice grassy dog walk and doggy bag stations everywhere. Only complaint is that the laundry room is upstairs above the restrooms. Wifi was ok. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Arch Rock Brewery is right across the street. No place to really sit, but was able to get a growler fill. Salmon fishing along the shore. Porthole Restaurant in Gold Beach was very good. Wife had the freshest, best tuna melt - she talked about it for 2 days. I had a Chipotle Snapper that was very different and very tasty.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $18.00

Nice time of the year to visit, some mild rain, but it blows over fast. Not crowded at all. Nice walk to the beach from the RV park. But, you have to walk over some large rocks to enter the area under the highway bridge to reach the beach. If you walk with a cane, you will not be able to navigate over the rocks. The large Blue Bldg in the middle of the grounds has individual bathroom/showers. The check-in process was friendly and quickly processed us through. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

The showers have hot water, but you first have to run the wash basin hot water for about one minute, until the hot water reaches the wash basin, then shut off the wash basin and turn on the hot water in the shower. The walk to the beach is beautiful, but the start of the trail to walk under the bridge has large rocks...you will need good agility to make it over the rocks. Not advisable for people with canes and trouble walking or lifting their feet.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $44.00

This is an OK park. We had a spot on Hunter Creek. It was a back in but we pulled in forward for what is a view of the creek. The creek view is nothing to write home about. It probably is much better in the spring when there is some flow. This park is not on our keeper list. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $44.00

I like the location of this park. It's at the south end of town but very close to town. It also has beach access by walking a short trail from the west side of the park to the beach. It's secluded and a pretty area. The staff was friendly. I placed my order online for a back in spot but when I got there I was assigned a different spot which was a pull through for the same price. It was located on the first circle as you enter which surrounds a grass area. I thought this might be noisy with kids but it was actually a great spot. The closer you are to the office the less you hear the traffic on Hwy 101, which is pretty quiet overnight. All services worked well that the park provided. Our Verizon cell and air card worked well too. It's was easy to navigate to and from our site with our 40 ft RV. The site was long enough for both. Our only issue was the wind. Not sure if it's always windy there because it seems to be in a canyon of sorts or if we just hit a few bad days.The staff really keeps the place up. There are golf carts going around all the time for maintenance. It is a beach place, though, with gravel and some sand... but it's the beach! It was a nice place to walk the dog too either in the park or on the beach. I would definitely come back again for the location and service. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Eat at Family Pizza in town. Great food! Walk to the beach for sunsets.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $42.00

I could not give this Park a '10' because of the WiFi. Provided by a satellite connection, it was weak and unreliable. I never used the WiFi without being knocked off at least once each session. Since the Park provides cable TV, a more reliable internet connection should have been available. Otherwise the park is great. There is a path directly to a wide beach. The office staff is both friendly and helpful. The bath house has 6 complete bathrooms - 2 with tubs. There are 2 large open areas so children have plenty of room to play. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

IF you come to Gold Beach on the correct weekend, there is a small Community Theater on Moore Street so you could enjoy live theater. A nice extra in a beach community.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

We stayed with a 45 ft. motorcoach with towed SUV. Gravel site was adequate. Very dusty park. Bathrooms/showers are reasonably clean but nothing special. This park is definitely not a Resort by my definition. Suitable for 1 or 2 nights. Sewer hookup requires an extension. Park is reasonably close to many Pacific Highway overlooks with spectacular views. We camped at Turtle Rock RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Pacific Highway overlooks are nearby and offer spectacular views.

Featured Campgrounds Near Turtle Rock RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Turtle Rock RV Resort ?