Jack's Landing RV Resort

Grants Pass, Oregon

247 NE Morgan Ln
Grants Pass, Oregon 97526

Ask fellow campers about "Jack's Landing RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $23.00

Agree with everything said, but didn't have a problem with my Garmin GPS. Just realize you'll have to go an extra block south before you can come back up a one-way street to get to NE Morgan Lane (until you find the secret passageway)! Very well-kept park: manager really cares and it shows. Good power and cable TV, great grass and flowers. In fairness to other RV'ers, I have to add that the park is sandwiched tightly between I-5 and a Home Depot-type store. It will likely be the noisiest place you've ever stayed, although trains are not a problem here. Spent a month, and will go back again because I got used to the noise, and earplugs help. The slightly-higher cost sites are a little better shielded from I-5. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $30.00

The park's official address is Morgan Lane. If your GPS tells you to turn on Hillcrest, pay attention and do it: even though you will pass right through Morgan Lane. Making this error will cost you five minutes of having to go around the block. Secondly, once you see the La Quinta hotel, immediately ignore your GPS! Instead, keep going straight between the La Quinta and the Super 8 and you will be there. If you make the grievous error of listening to your GPS (and turning left before the La Quinta), it will cost you dearly! You will find yourself at a dead end on a slightly steep narrow road, and the only way out of this snafu is to drive backwards (about a third of a mile), to include backing around a sharp blind curve. This is a terrorizing experience if you are by yourself. When I checked in, I asked the desk attendant what the "body count" (sarcasm) was for people who obeyed their GPS and went up the dead end road. She said it happens way too many times. The park is located on a sloping piece of property behind the La Quinta. Back-in slots are on the perimeter. Good pull-through spots are in the center. I don't have a toad, but I do carry a scooter bike. They let me have a pull-through so I would have room to unload my bike. The slots, which have concrete paving, are terraced and fairly level. However, they are close together, with a thin strip of grass separating the slots. My windows were open, and my cat was gazing sleepily out the window. When a huge diesel pusher pulled into the slot next to me, my cat fluffed his fur and fled into hiding. Showers and laundry room were clean. The laundry room had a change machine, always a good thing to have! Laundry prices were about what you would expect, $1.50 wash, and 50 cents to dry (20 minutes). Other good features of the laundry room were a deep sink, ironing board, television, book exchange, phone for local calls, and a modem hookup if you don't have a wireless card. There is also an exercise room and a small mini-golf range. The Wi-Fi, which was unsecured, was a bit flaky, fading in and out (I was in space 34 in the middle of the park). I got the signal at my dining table, but not in my bedroom. However, I got enough use of it for my needs. The cable was limited, only 24 channels, but all were networks and good premium channels, no "junk"channels. I felt the rates for this park were very reasonable. RV park rates have really gone up and I was surprised at how inexpensive this park was compared to parks with the same amenities. Because this park has reasonable rates and is in a good location (fast food restaurants are within walking distance if you don't pull a car), I'm willing to overlook the "neighborly closeness" factor. Just make sure you don't go up the dead end road trying to find the park. One more thing. Apparently, this park is quite popular with full-timers for "wintering." We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $30.00

We had planned to stay one night, but this RV park was so nice that we extended our stay by four nights. The landscaping is beautiful, nice exercise room, putting green, level concrete sites, clean showers, and it even has a trail (not long) on which to walk dogs. The staff is very friendly. I highly recommend this park. Friends: good meetings in Grants Pass! We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2008 - $30.00

This park is very clean. Plenty of room to get my 43' coach in and out of a pull through. Sites have a near-level concrete pad for the RV with asphalt road ways. I did not experience any trouble with long-term resident's vehicles as mentioned in another review. I've stayed here several times as an overnight stop and will do so again if I pass by this way. One thing to note is that the office is open rather short hours but allows payment in an envelope through a slot. My after hours arrival was handled by having my name and space number posted on the door -- I was also given the space number when I made a reservation. Got 10% off with Good Sam. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jack's Landing RV Resort

Date of Stay: February, 2008 - $29.00

We stayed here as an over night on the way north to the Monaco factory. Checked in after hours and had our pick of level concrete pull-through sites. Small park with several folks living here in perimeter sites. Very clean, newer and well kept grounds. Don't know how it's a Resort? Again we checked in after hours and left before the office opened. They have a slot in the door you just fill out all your info, put it in the envelope they provide and push it through. Very easy process for us. Would stay here again for the night without question. Rating is for Big Rig ease (we're 65' w/toad) and cleanliness, not for the amenities as we have our own. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2008 - $24.00

Recommended for an overnight stay. Negatives include no pool, no hot tub, and freeway noise. The positives far exceed the negatives. The park is clean, new, and situated conveniently for easy freeway access and purchasing fast food and gasoline. Office staff was friendly and helpful. I requested over the phone a space near the office and was surprised when I arrived to find space 52, across from the office, reserved for me. Office staff had gone home when I arrived but self check-in procedures are posted on the office door. This site had strong wireless internet access. The cable TV included a wealth of 24 channels. The pet area was outstanding because it led to off-park trails on the adjacent mountainside (publicly owned?). Didn't see any park patrol, which was a relief for me since I had to traverse the whole length of the park to get to the pet area. The mens bathroom and showers (3) were very clean, roomy, and functional (my wife not with me to inspect the women's room). We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2008 - $25.00

Nice place. Only one draw back. You're next to I-5 and you will listen to cars and semis all night long. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2007 - $30.00

Very nice "resort" atmosphere. Level sites. Be prepared for noise from nearby I-5. We ran a fan as "white" noise to cut down on some of the invading truck sounds, but they still got through. Not a place I would stay for any length of time, but great for "on the way" and you need some rest. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2007 - $30.00

This park was very easy for my big rig to enter and leave. The park has both back-in and pull through sites. I stayed in a pull through for 5 nights as I was having work done in town on my motorhome. I entered and left daily. The park was very clean and well maintained. Attractive grass and tree plantings. The only detraction was the proximity to Interstate 5, so there was some highway noise. I'd stay there again. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $35.00

Very modern and very clean. We enjoyed the clean showers and bathrooms. If you stay here, checkout Hellgate river tours. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2007 - $35.00

Very nice, clean park. Has some pull through sites. I've stayed here a couple of times in the last year. Friendly staff, nice facilities, easy on/off freeway. Only negative thing about this park is the noise from I-5. After a while, I didn't even notice it. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2007 - $35.00

Excellent park with large pull through spaces. Ideal for one or two nights stay however the 24 hour a day I-5 big rig road noise would get old very fast. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $30.00

Great park. Very clean spacious sites that are easy to get in and out of with a big rig. Sites next to interstate are noisy, but others are great. Will stay there again. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2006 - $30.00

Very nice "resort"-type park despite loud road noise. Especially nice laundry. However, if a park is going to allow pets, it should allow them to walk on the grass. Here, we were handed a rules list that prohibits our dog from walking on the grass even in our own site! (It's close to 100 degress here this week!) We are expected to walk her on the blisteringly hot blacktop roads to the "pet area" (not a fenced exercise area; a dirty space outside the fencing surrounding the park). The rules sheet included a threat to throw out all the pet owners in the park if people persisted in breaking these rules. We will not return. Perhaps that's the idea. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $30.00

This is a neat park with a wonderful choice of paved, landscaped sites. The Mgr worked well with us to assign a site he felt would likely get us a satellite signal for my spouse (and we did). However, I really hoped to get a WiFi signal at my site and was never able to. There are "hot spots" nearest the Office but I eventually just toted my laptop to the laundry room and got on the Internet by phone. Unfortunately the local weather was suffering under record highs we couldn't cope with so we asked for and got 3 days cancelled - with no hassle. For the good customer service attitudes shown by the Staff, it deserves high marks and we would return again another time. We camped at Jack's Landing RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jack's Landing RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Jack's Landing RV Resort ?