Rogue Valley Overniters RV

Grants Pass, Oregon

Recent Rate: $32 10/2014

TeamElk-Rib

This is a convenient park to access from I-5. Had a pull-through site so didn't have to unhook. OK for one night. You have to have HD TV to use the cable now. They will rent out a converter box which has to be hooked up to the back of the TV for a $40 deposit. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

User3618

This was our first trip in a motor home with two small kids and we stopped at about 10:30 pm after driving all day. I went to the registration desk, which was right to the open door of the assistant managers apartment and began to complete my form. I asked if the spot I was in was OK and the man stood up, looked out the door and said it was. I thanked him and completed the form. The next day the owner saw me and said I had change due. I went into the office to get it and he asked what time we got in. I told him and he said please don't tell me you bothered my managers. I said I don't know if it was a bother but I asked if the spot we were in was OK. The owner said, "G#$%^#it! Cant you read the signs? It says not to bother them!" I tried to explain that I just wanted to make sure we were OK where we were and the manager was extremely helpful. The owner then said that the managers work long days and they don't need people coming to bother them in the middle of the night. He asked if I asked them any other questions and I said I asked for the bathroom code, which the woman politely gave me as they were up watching TV. He again said, "G%$*&@it! Your self contained use your own bathroom!" Where ever you stay do not stay in this park. This owner does not deserve one penny of your business! In addition, the park is right by a main street in down and was very noisy. I could live with that, I will not tolerate being treated the way that I was. The last thing he told me was he would appreciate it if I didn't talk to the on-site managers next time I came in and he can rest assured that I will not be speaking to anyone at his park again!!! We'll stay in a Wal-mart parking lot! We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

arascal

Right in town on the main east-west route, less than a 1/4 mile from I-5 but quiet and secluded. The managers were terrific and extremely helpful. There seemed to be a lot of longer term residents, which is O. K. because they seem to take an interest in the park's quality of life. Our large assigned space was shaded by two mature trees and it was a short walk to large well maintained restroom/showers. Walk out the driveway and we were in town where we had dinner at an oriental restaurant and slurped cones at the local ice cream parlor. The next off ramp south led to a large Wal-Mart - no we had no intention of camping out in Wally's parking lot - just saying it's there if you need supplies. We stayed at Rogue Valley Overnighters on night in our motorhome because - we were on our way somewhere else! It is on our list of places to stay when we pass that way again. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

Al and Anne-Marie

This is a nice park. The sites are level and the hook ups are located mid way on the sites. While we were there the cable was having some issues, but this was supposed to be fixed shortly. There is a drop off at the exit so need to go slow while exiting. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Al and Anne-Marie

You will need to pay attention when pulling into this park as the turn is very tight with a lot of traffic. The hook-ups were located mid way on the site. The sites were long and level. We had good wife at the site. This is a convenient place to stay when having work done on the RV in Grants Pass. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Fifth Wheel.

Sergent Major

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, placing us in a spot that had decent shade and close to the facilities, but this put us close to the road, and the "hot rods" in the town made it somewhat noisy. I agree, this is an "overnight" place, although they have numerous long term customers. I doubt I would stay here again, due to the in town location and traffic noise. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Travel Trailer.

Scott Charlton

This is a stop over campground, not a destination. We stayed in a large pull through. All hookups were fine. The park is largely full of permanents or seasonal. But they keep their sites reasonably neat. Wi-Fi was OK. Verizon signal was great. A long (87 miles) drive to Crater Lake is worth the effort. The road is good and scenic. Good shopping to resupply. We would not seek this place out, but would stay again if it fit our plans. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

Spidey

This is an older park, right off the road, with very tight spots. Restrooms were old but clean. I emailed about a reservation and they called me the day I needed the spot, and held it for me with no deposit or credit card. It's perfect for it's name, good for a quick overnight with hookups. It's not a place one would stay in for a week or anything. Very friendly and accommodating staff. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

WBG

This is a good sized "In Town" RV park - perfect for overnighters. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Despite being very much in town, the park was very quiet at night. The pull through sited was plenty large for our 38', 5th wheel and truck. Utilities were well placed and worked as advertised. The restrooms were clean and serviceable, but were not exactly new or modern - good enough to get clean, however. This is not a resort by any means, but is a great place to stop for a night or two. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Fifth Wheel.

The Accidental Trailerist

Convenient to services yet quiet for being in town. Easy access yet no freeway noise. Clean, well maintained. Courteous, responsive staff. Good Wi-Fi and cable television. There is an off-leash dog park just a couple blocks away. We look forward to staying here again. We stayed for over a month, so the price listed reflects the monthly rate. The KW hour electric rate (that applies to monthly rate) is probably about the most reasonable you'll find anywhere. Laundry a reasonable $1.25 a load each for washer and dryer. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Travel Trailer.

Don Geidel

The manager was amazingly patient with me. I made a reservation, cancelled it a few weeks after that, then called her a few days later and told her I needed my original reservation back. She not only said OK, she was friendly and understanding about it! The park was nice, with level sites and very easy access. Walk to many different restaurants and fast food places. Even though it's right on the main drag in town it's quiet. Showers/restrooms were clean and modern. We would stay there again. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Travel Trailer.

TeamElk-Rib

Had a pull-through site and did not have to unhook as we only stayed one night. Easy on & off from I-5. Would stay for one night again. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

junkmale56

Restrooms and showers are clean and good. Site are adequate with grass between and level. The site surface is asphalt so we didn't use jack pads. Our site access was easy and the park roads are also asphalt. Internet is good. No noise that we're hearing. The managers are friendly and helpful, and the park is well maintained. Staying to run over and see the Redwoods. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

RaySc

The sewer pipe is flexible, accordion type pipe; we could not use a screw-in type connector nor a "donut" type; I had to have my wife hold down the sewer end of the hose to keep it from jumping out. In addition, the electricity was not sufficient to run the AC on a hot day and night. Obviously we will not stay there again. This is a Good Sam park, and I have written Trailer Life Directory stating that this park should not be a Good Sam. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

Onemoretrail

Rate shown Good Sam rate. Access and park roads paved. Site was a level gravel pull-through. Close enough to the interstate without the noise. Cable TV had extensive and clear channels. Wi-Fi had strong enough signal for Skype. Friendly office staff who allowed me to use their private phone to activate my own phone. I would use this park again if in the area. We camped at Rogue Valley Overniters RV in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Rogue Valley Overniters RV?