Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds

Huntington, Oregon

Recent Rate: $30 6/2014

burtonsbuggy

Nice and quiet park. We faced out to river. Good pull-thru with FH. Verizon worked good for the internet but not phone reception. Owners were very nice. Easy to get to. But we must have picked the wrong month. Fishing was not good unless you had a boat. And the mayflies were horrible. We were unable to spend anytime outside due to the bugs. And we couldn't leave any windows open as they get in thru the screens. 2 days later we are still swatting them in our mh. Do watch out for the dog poo. Another time of the year it may have been better. At least it was quiet and not many people there. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

DXSMac

I stayed here two years ago. This time, it appears they did acquire the "closed" park next door. Cheap, quiet place to overnight. Pull-throughs do not have sewer, back-ins, have sewer. You get a special key for the bathrooms. I did not get one, so didn't check the bathrooms. Owners were nice people, helped me into my site. Also, I filled up my water tank so I wouldn't have to use my hose, found out my water pump went POOF. The park owner very nicely let me drain my tank (I asked permission) onto the ground so I wouldn't have to travel with a full tank. I appreciated this. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

run2

The good; inexpensive, not to far off of the Interstate, friendly folks own it, long pull throughs, good Wi-Fi, good Verizon, The negative; As I was hooking up the electric I failed to inspect the grass median between sites and stepped in dog doo doo. I did notice the owner has two very large dogs that have free run of the park. Also for some reason the owner has lined all the streets and ends of the parking sites with railroad ties sticking out of the ground 2 feet. This actually narrows up the access roads and parking sites and for big rigs makes swing room and access much more difficult. He did guide us into the site and I had to swing through tree branches with my mirror to swing wide enough to avoid hitting the railroad ties. Probably would not return. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

fuzzie1

This is a small park but has taken over the park next to it so they have more sites. Some sites are full hookup but most are water and electric only. It is very clean and well maintained. The staff is great and it is a Pass Port America park, so the price is half off. You can go fishing if you wish in the Snake River that runs right along the park. This is a nice park and you should try it out for yourself. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Jerryws98516

We stayed here in a 40' motorhome with tow vehicle using our Passport membership. We were in a site by the office. All full hookup sites are 30 amp with large trees. 50 amp sites have no sewer. Around site are roaming turkeys (2, chickens (6) and lots of bugs. 30 amp sites are gravel with grass and level. We cut our 4 night stay to 2. We would probably find another park elsewhere. Park personnel friendly and helpful. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

lostlady

Older park. Easy pull through, down in a valley next to the Snake river with boat access to the river. Owner very nice. Isolated area with lots of mountains around. We stayed one night but wish we would have had another day to enjoy the beauty around us. Park is clean. Entrance looks kind of messy due to her array of animals (turkeys, goats, chickens, dogs). They are all caged or fenced and the dogs very friendly. We really liked it here but we like simple and not all the frills. Verizon MIFI had a good signal. Evening sunset and morning sunrise were spectacular! Passport America park. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

chockwald

We stayed here one night, and it is a good overnight place just off I-84, right on the Snake River. We stayed in a pull through spot which more than handled our 62' feet length. The park is a work in progress, but the owners are working hard to improve the park. There are no sewer hookups in the pull through sites, but we were more concerned with having 50amp service as it was hot and we needed to run both A/C's. We used their dump station on the way out. We would stay here again. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

DXSMac

If you just want a cheap overnight, this place is OK. Park is a bit loosely run. Owner's daughter checked me in, and said that the parents would collect from me later. No one ever came, I had to go find someone to pay. At the time I was there, the pull through sites had been winterized and couldn't be used, only the back in sites were available. Bathrooms and laundry were locked, don't know if you need permission or what to use them. There is some spacing, but not much between sites. TV over the air is rather spotty. All channels you can get are digital, but the channels will fade in and out depending on which way the wind blows. Verizon cellular modem worked fine on 3G. Verizon wireless land line (Home Phone Connect) service worked well. This park is located in the small "notch" of Oregon that is on Mountain Time. However, your cell phone may flip back and forth between Pacific or Mountain Time. Cash or check only, if you want to use credit cards, they will charge extra. Inexpensive place to overnight on I-84. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

DXSMac

This RV park is closed, buildings appear to be abandoned, rope across entry. There is another RV park right next door, the owners of the park next door stated that this park is closed due to bankruptcy. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

John P

Nice level park located on the Snake river with easy access from I-84. This is a family friendly park with a boat ramp, playground and a small grocery store on the property. The owners are very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

jannie5

Very nice comfortable campground next to the Snake River. There are 30 amp sites that are back-ins with water, power and sewer. The pull thru sites have 30amp power and water but no sewers hookups. There is a dump station on site. Boat ramp and boat trailer parking available near the fish cleaning station. Dry camping is allowed along the river’s edge. Lots of trees in the back in sites with smaller trees along the pull thru sites. There’s a playground for the kids with a basket ball hoop, swings, tether ball and a volleyball net that’s set up. The pictures of the park on their website don’t do the park justice as it was taken in the winter. Nice green grass that was manicured. Nicest owners that you’ll ever run into, they’ll go an extra mile to accommodate your needs. Kids will love the goats that are friendly and in a pen. There are a few chickens that roam free. The only drawback for us was the park owners 2 dogs. They were allowed to roam free (large but friendly) and the male was constantly barking. It drove us nuts!! If you have a dog this is the park for you, rules are very lax and there were more dogs there than I’ve ever seen in a park. Lots of places along the river to walk them or let them run. Never heard any dogs growling at each other, well mannered and happy. Try to get away from the entrance of the park as it’s very busy and that’s where the owner’s dogs spent most of the time wandering around. We would stay here again as an over nighter. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

Stampinglady

This is a small, quiet, family oriented park with a long frontage on the river and beautiful mountain scenery behind the park. The sites are gravel and level. There is no sewer, but they have a dump station. Fishing in the river is good with some very big Catfish and they have a fish cleaning station. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

DavidKSmith

This was our second visit to this campground, and we weren't disappointed. Although the seasons had changed, and the "nature" that had enthralled us in the spring wasn't there, the campground was everything we remembered. We will plan to return on future trips. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Motorhome.

redlou48

The owners of the park are new to rv park ownership and want to give all their guests a pleasant experience. As we parked there in December, there was no water available at the sites. Park is very nice. The owners are fantastic. We will return. This park is located on the banks of the Snake River. We camped at Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds in a Fifth Wheel.

Eagles Hot Lake RV Park

La Grande, Oregon

Exit 3 RV Park

Fruitland, Idaho

Bully Creek Reservoir

Vale, Oregon

Are you affiliated with Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds?