Rice Hill RV Park

Oakland, Oregon

jimgerri

My wife and I found Rice Hill RV Park to be a very beautiful place and very well maintained. We were able to get a pull-through for our 40' rig. The spaces were very wide and easy to get into. The staff were very friendly. We will look forward to staying at this campground again in our travels. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

frmOregon

Price reflects PA discount. Office is closed on Sundays, but self check-in was easy. Big field where a dog with good recall can run. Don't know if the water tasted bad or if it was my hose. Very loud traffic noise if that bothers you. Limited cable channels, but very clear reception. Would stay here again. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

BankShot

Decided to give this one a try on our way north to Washington over Thanksgiving. Convenient, clean, great host who helped us park even though we didn't need help. Reasonably priced and convenient to get to and from the interstate. Only negative that there was considerable traffic noise, even though others have commented to the contrary. We were parked about mid park and the trees next to I-5 didn't do much to lessen the noise. Still, overall, for a one nighter this is a very nice park with nice facilities and management. Also, there is a nice little cafe plus a Subway shop within walking distance, and nice truck stop to fill up at if you need fuel. Would definitely stay here again when passing through this area. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

TedandJan

A very nice park. Easy on/ off I-5 with Pilot and Denny's. Nice long pull thrus and very wide with paved pads and grass, at least 30' wide. I thought pads were level and noise was minimal even outside. Our 44 RV and Hauler fit easily. Clear skies for Sat. and good AT&T and Verizon. With a pool and fitness center this could be a destination 10. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Westcoast Traveller

This a great park for a stop off the I-5. Although very handy to the I-5, the road noise is minimal. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The buildings are very clean and the sites are tidy, surfaced in asphalt. There is also a grass area within the site. Fuel and Denny's are close by at the Pilot. Denny's is a short walk away. When we stayed here in December, I requested a site near the showers. It was on quite a slope. As I did not want to unhook my trailer, I had to use a bit of lumber under my tires to level my trailer. On the way back home, I asked for a more level site which was much better. A 2 x 6 under each of my truck's rear wheels completely leveled the trailer. And we were still fairly close to the washrooms. Overall, this is a beautiful park. Had the sites been level, I'd have given it a "10". We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Mike & Marcia

Good, clean RV park. Would give it a higher rating but there was a little traffic noise. We would stay again. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

sjones

Asphalt drive and pads, with large sites. Grass between sites with tables. This is a nice park, close to the interstate. The bathrooms and laundry room where clean. Good internet and a few cable channels. It has a large number of permanent residents with well kept sites. Everyone including office where nice and helpful. The only problem there is road noise from I-5. Would stay here again. Great value. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

smort

Very clean warm restrooms with door code security. This has many pull through sites with grass and trees between them. The sites are paved but most are not very level. The campground is next to I-5 so there is traffic noise. A railroad line is just up the hill but traffic is infrequent. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

JHoward

Very nice park. Just happened to be going up Interstate 5 and wanted to find a park to spend the night. We were in awe when we turned into this one. Very nice grounds and large sites. Extremely nice staff. Highly recommend this one. Fast food restaurants and service stations within walking distance. Wi-Fi worked great. It was nice that they give you a list of their cable stations. A lot of parks don't do this, and from being out of state, the stations are different and sometimes hard to find. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dale

Stopped here for 2 nights on our way to the Oregon coast. When you pull in, stay to the right in the driveway to park while registering. We went to the left of the landscaping near the office and discovered that our rig was too tall (13'3") and almost clipped the edge of the roof line of the driveway covering. Had to back up. Fairly new park. Paved interior roads and sites. Plenty of width and length for our rig. We had a pull-thru. Next to I-5, but noise not intrusive. Friendly staff, good Wi-Fi, satellite friendly site. We would stop here again. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

hairman69

Wow!! This park is just great. It is very clean, quiet, and the staff is the best we have came across in a year. They will help you in any way possible. The laundry and rest rooms are spotless at all times. I have a special guest with me, she just loves to go to the office as they have special treats that she goes after almost every day. I would recommend this park to everybody, for one day or a month. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Steam Gypsie

This is a brand new site and very clean, I did not see any permanent residents aside from the owner's very well maintained motor home with beautiful garden. This was a stopover for us and worked out very well. Easy pull through sites with nice hookup boxes. Only downsides are lack of shade (wasn't a problem on a cloudy rainy day) and road noise from I5. As others have mentioned hopefully it will 'grow up' to be a Shady, quiet RV park in a decade. A friend used the shower facilities and said they were spotless. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Pinemtn

Nice, new RV campground. Well layed out. Flat and open with a few newly planted trees, so shade is minimal. Roads and sites are all paved and fairly level. It is close to a Pilot truck stop so fuel, restaurant and supplies are nearby. Easy on/off Highway 5. There is some highway noise, but compared to most campgrounds near the highway, this was relatively quiet. This was a very neat and clean campground, and access for large rigs is excellent. Many large pull through sites. We were in a 40' motorhome with vehicle in tow and had no difficulty. While they do offer wi-fi, there is a $3 or $4 per day charge for it. While they do have a game room with a pool table and maybe a few other games in it, and a beautiful garden with foot path and gazebo, they don't have a swimming pool, spa, playground, etc. This was not a problem for us, but if you're traveling with kids, they might find this park a bit boring. From what we saw, all the facilities were extremely well kept and reflected pride of ownership. We only stayed one night as a stopover on our way to somewhere else, but we'd definitely stay there again. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

clayghir

In addition to agreeing with previous comments, I'll add that all sites are pull-throughs that are level and very spacious. This park is immaculate. No pool or playground, but very well maintained and absolutely spotless. A lot of noise from I-5 as it's very close. WiFi available @ $3.95 for 24 hrs or $9.95/wk. This park will become quieter, shadier, and prettier as the landscaping matures over the next few years. I'd use this park again as a stopover. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

nwsteve

Ditto on previous comments. Only reason for 9 instead of 10 is shower stalls are narrow and offer no place to sit to dress. Definitely clean and attractive. A great stop-over of I-5 travelers. We camped at Rice Hill RV Park in a Motorhome.

Harris Beach State Park

Brookings, Oregon

Cape Blanco State Park

Port Orford, Oregon

Blue Ox RV Park

Albany, Oregon

Are you affiliated with Rice Hill RV Park?