Tomichi Village RV Park

Recent Rate: $35 6/2013

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

These reviews are the opinion of an RVParkReviews’ member and not the views of

Traveller Excel

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $35.00

New name is Seascape RV Park. Don't let the picture fool you, they are surrounded by a first class campground. This one is small, but on the same walking distance and the same beach of Pacific City. They have big pull throughs, 62 ft long, but just 18 ft width. Gravel/little grass. The back ups are filled with long stayers (older campers. Wi-Fi is free, not so fast. Cable was snowy. Very quiet day and night. Great for a couple of days and much cheaper than the neighbours. Good Sam discount. Needs a little TLC. When in the neighborhood, we will stay here again. We camped at Tomichi Village RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $33.00

I think the name for this RV park may have changed to Seascape RV Park, it has the same address and phone number. We had no problems with the people running the park. In fact the lady that posted such a negative review never even stayed here and I noticed the same type review on other sites, but again, she never stayed there, only bad-mouthed the RV park. The park was an older park but it was friendly to dogs and in a perfect spot, right across the road from Cape Kiwanda. Our family was having a reunion and it was the best way to bring our dogs. The bathrooms were rather old and the shower had a sign saying the price was $1.00 for guests and $2.00 for non-guests. We used our own shower. The bunny population was minimal and our dogs (miniature schnauzers) were attracted to them. There was a section to walk your dogs and a scooper provided to clean up after your dog. There was a playground area for kids but not many activities. There was a laundromat in the main building. We enjoyed The Pelican Pub & Brewery right across the road. The fireworks the night before July 4th were unbelievable. In fact when the professional ones started we had a hard time paying attention since we were so distracted by the "amateur" ones. The beach was very clean and we enjoyed exploring the tidal pools. We camped at Tomichi Village RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $25.00

I am a 34 year old female and this woman in charge of the RV park treated me the rudest and worst I have ever been treated! I tried to enter the park to take a look and get info. She stopped my husband and I along with our two young children both in strollers as we were just entering. She rudely told us to stop at the yellow line and not to pass it. This park is for registered guests only. My husband asked if she had any info on her park. She replied yes if we have openings. We asked repeatedly if we could get info to stay and she just repeated that the park was for registered guests and we could not pass the yellow line. We also asked if we could look at the park and she replied yes from behind the yellow line as if we were criminals. I guess this is a huge clue not to stay at this RV park unless you want to be treated like crap for asking for park info. We camped at Tomichi Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Critters n Me

Date of Stay: February, 2008 - $25.00

This small park is located directly next to the larger, more impressive, RV resort and campground. It's actually closer to the beach, and is definitely a lot quieter! It doesn't have any amenities, and the lower price reflects that. The park itself was clean, the long-term "leaseholders" were friendly, the Pacific City bunny rabbits are here too and are just a joy to watch and hand feed! There is a tiny 'playground,' really just one swing set. Paved roads, fairly level gravel spots. NO trees at all, although that may be due to storms earlier this season. On-site laundry with many machines, including double/triple and quadruple load washers, and dryers that really really work!! (And just 25 cents for a 10 minute dry cycle that got a load of laundry dry for me!) Two major complaints. The bathroom and shower were not evaluated, because they are always locked and available only during daytime hours: with permission of the owners. The reason, and I quote, "It is too much of a hassle to have to unlock them for someone, and to have to listen to people taking a shower, because they are attached to our home. Plus, it was a pain to have to clean them." Even if you have a self-contained motorhome, which I thankfully do, it is nice to sometimes be able to take a LONG hot shower in a stall with elbow room! Second complaint: the owners themselves. Actually, I guess there are just resident managers. The husband isn't so bad, he's kind of friendly and nice to talk to. But the wife: my goodness she is something else!!! She scampers around, every time someone drives in to the park to use the public laundry or just to "take a look," she is there questioning them. She cackles when she laughs, usually at inappropriate times. She is just plain RUDE to try to talk to, and says awful things about previous/current campers! I had spoken to her several times about staying here for a few months, and she was nice and friendly (although still quite odd). Then, when I arrived with my motorhome and my dogs, she became a totally different woman, practically screeching, "You didn't tell me you have dogs. Well, you better watch it!" I'm a grown, responsible woman. I've been a Registered Nurse for years, on many non-profit boards, I have lived in the "nicest" neighborhoods, etc. But, she treats everyone as though they have the potential to be either criminals or vagrants. She actually YELLED at me (from across the campground!) to "Stay out of other campsites!!!" when I chased a piece of litter (not even mine!) to pick it up from mere inches off the paved road to take it to the sole dumpster. She peeks inside that dumpster every time a camper places anything inside, as though to be sure she approves of what they have disposed of. When she walked me to my campsite (as though I couldn't find it myself, when this is a small place with no trees or hills, and each site is clearly marked), she stood in the center of the site, exactly in my blind spot and literally screamed direction to me! No wonder I ended up crooked!! (I later re-backed into the space, straight and about 15 feet further forward than she insisted I park!) For a "place to sleep" for a couple of nights, only yards from the beautiful Cape Kiwanda State Park beach, right on the 3 Capes Loop Scenic Byway, it's worth a stop. Just remember to NOT GIGGLE when the owner cackles like the Wicked Witch of the West!!! We camped at Tomichi Village RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Tomichi Village RV Park?