Jantzen Beach RV Park

Portland, Oregon

1503 N Hayden Island Dr
Portland, Oregon 97217

• Water Spigot Water Spigot no

Ask fellow campers about "Jantzen Beach RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

The park itself was nice, the employees were very nice and helpful. The sites was average in size, a bit tight to back into. The Park was clean and in good condition. Unfortunately there was an issue that was outside the parks control the impacted our stay. The noise was horrible. The park is directly in the flight path for both commercial and military aircraft. Also the roadway right outside the park has constant semi trucks moving back and forth. Pretty much all day and night. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Powells Bookstore was fun

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $36.00

The last time we were here (9 years ago), we were specifically requested a satellite friendly site at the time of both reserving the site and check-in but were not give one in spite of sites being available. This time we were lucky to get what we requested. The urban noise does not bother us. On the plus side, being in an urban area, there are also plenty of antenna channels. Our site was a level, FHU site. While this park has decent facilities and amenities, it also many extended stay customers and a trailer park next door. As long as I can get a acceptable site, this situation does not bother us the way it does so many people on this site. The bathrooms and laundry were fine. We were able to enjoy the pools. I did not see any recycling We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $15.00

This is a nice park with a mixture of long-term residents and short-term guests. We stayed for a month and after submitting to a background check, we received a great monthly rate. We found the only real drawback to this location is that it's an island. The only way on and off the island is to use I-5. Leaving the island isn't too bad, but if you try to return during the afternoon rush hours, be patient. You can reach the light rail "Park and Ride" lot in about 5 minutes, and then take the train in to Portland, or any other destination around the city. It's very convenient. We found the park to be generally clean, and well maintained. The staff and most residents were friendly and helpful. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $33.00

Not able to use satellite due to trees blocking. RV parks don't seem to appreciate how irritating it is to me when I cannot use my satellite. They say, but we have cable, but that's not the point. I have gone to the expense to have the dish installed and I pay the monthly charge for the service. So when I cannot use it I find it very inconvenient. In the office they have a poster listing the amenities of the park and it includes "Dish Friendly". Other than that, this is a nice park with good quality facilities. The driveways and site pads are asphalt. We had a back-in site with full hookup, 50amp electric. The WiFi is through Tengo Internet and we found it to be reliable. We didn't use the pool but it looks nice. The park is convenient to some shopping with a large shopping plaza just across the street, although that does not include a grocery store, unless you count Target. The bathrooms were in good condition and kept reasonably clean. We were there during 4th of July so I'm sure that presents a challenge. We paid $33.30 per night, blended weekly rate plus some days at a daily rate. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jantzen Beach RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

Proximity to the city is excellent. You can get almost anywhere in Portland in 20 minutes or less. However, the park itself was not great. There were a lot of trashy permanent residents with all kinds of junk all over the place. The office staff were NOT particularly helpful or friendly. There were planes overhead from the airport a few miles away, but the noise isn't really all that bad (and could be much worse if you stayed any closer to the airport). I didn't find it difficult to navigate anywhere as others had mentioned, though Portland does have a fair bit of traffic even at off times. The wifi was spotty, but cell service was good. For a city place, the rate was pretty reasonable all things considered. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

We find this park better than the other two nearby parks. But, it is noisy with the air traffic flying over all day. Site is paved and level enough. Asked for a site with shade but a staff member had a car parked in the only shady site left and they wouldn't move. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

This park is on an island in the Columbia river. In order to go North to Washington or South to the mainland of Oregon, you need to get on the I-5 freeway which can have extremely heavy traffic quite a bit of the time.

The sites are paved and narrow but have grassy areas. Parking at the site for the toad is OK if you have a short RV. We had to be extra careful when maneuvering our 40 ft RV in the park and into and out of our space. Some sites have lots of shade, some are open. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $32.00

For being in a bigger city, I was happy with the price here. Based on reviews, this park seemed like the better choice and we're happy we stayed here (4 nights). Staff was very pleasant on the phone and at check-in. Made reservation 2-3 weeks before we wanted to arrive and there were still a few empty sites while we were there. This park seems huge, with many long-term folks. Some sites had quite a bit of stuff piled up, but nothing too run-down looking. We locked everything up at night, but never really felt concerned. Some of the turns in the park seemed a bit tight, but just go slow, you'll be fine. We exited out past the office (going back the way we originally came in) instead of going the 'normal' exit route as that exit route would mean a short, tight right turn to the 4-way stop where you'd then make a left to head off the island. Our site was two smaller sites combined to make one longer pull-thru so it was slightly V-ed. Had to work around decorative fence near hookups on both sides of site. Put 40' fifth wheel at very back of site and was able to put out all slides just fine. Parked truck and SUV in front end of the site next to each other. Plenty of space for motorcycles and trailer too. Sewer hookup then was a stretch, about 20+ feet. Paved site! Hookups worked as desired. We even had three picnic tables at our site! One had dog poop on it the whole time. Our favorite aspect of this park - wash your RV for free!! They have recycle bins by the trash dumpsters. AT&T LTE multiple bars. Wifi worked well. Some trees around and grass in-between the sites. Not slide-to-slide with your neighbor, just kinda close, not bad. Landscaping crew speeds around park on golf carts. Chevron gas station on the island had diesel too. Yep, there's airplanes flying overhead. Noisy, but also kind of neat! Don't remember hearing them at night. Also, never heard a train whistle. Wish we would have had time to find the walking path down to the river. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

848-849

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

Great location just off I-5 on an island in the Columbia River, no view-but walking path nearby has great views of industrial river traffic. Our Space was very tight getting in and out of. 45 ft with tag. Nice grass and picnic table, good service hookups. Our BIG complaint was a mature plum tree dropping fruit all over the drive and grass. NO ONE had cleaned for several days. They were resurfacing a road in front of the office and that was their excuse for NOT cleaning up. We raked it all to the curb where it sat for 3 days. And we continued hosing it all to the curb every day we were there. They even mowed our lawn and still left the pile of plums--collecting dozens of bees. We put it all in a trash bag and they STILL didn't collect that. On our last day, I called to say how disappointed I was that no one had ever cleaned up. It was semi-cleaned within 2 hrs, but we would NOT stay again. The plum tree NEEDS TO GO! They aren't even the edible kind. Also, many long term residents who parked large trucks 1/2 in the street, making navigating a bit more difficult. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

846-847
Concrete, Grass

Portland very near, tons of great restaurants. We went to Salty's on the Columbia, 10 min away. Awesome!

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $28.00

At arrival, we were met in the office with a very friendly, efficient and courteous staff member. She explained the RV amenities thoroughly. WiFi available through a Tengo network but codes are supplied for your devices. The signal was good enough to stream from my campsite, #961, a long, pull thru so my 40' Class A towing an 18' car hauler trailer fit in the space with room to park my second vehicle in front. It was a paved, level, landscaped, FHU, 30A/50A site with a picnic table. Cable TV is offered via a control box requiring a $50 refundable deposit. I elected to use OTA signals which provides all major broadcast channels and then some! The park is split with one part as manufactured homes and the other for RVs. Many long term RVs but most are well-kept. The sites seem narrow but that is because of the landscaping retaininget brick papers that border the landscaped areas, reducing the width of the camp site. A long distance to my sewer connection. Thank goodness zip have a 20' and two 10' hose sections so I could reach the ground connection. Water pressure was good. Good power from the power pole. Night lights illuminated at night adding to security. The park is situated in close proximity of the Portland air traffic patterns, so some noise from aircraft can be heard but it is not intrusive. There is horn noise that I thought was from passing barges in the river but others have stated it is a train horn. I couldn't hear any train track noise, so I am sticking with river traffic!! There is a shopping development across the street from the park which makes it convenient. Some restaurants and grocery shopping is close by as well. I was surprised at the congestion on I-5 at any time of the day!! I determined that the bridge access across the river is the leading cause of this congestion. I would return to this park because of its location and cleanliness of the park, in addition to its big rig capabilities. Interior roadways are a little narrow but passable. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass

Ask any Portlander and they'll mention, Voodoo Doughnuts and Killer Burger as must try eateries!! Really, lots to see or do in Portland.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $31.00

We only stayed one night and it felt like there was more to learn about the park, but here is our experience. Check in easy fast and very courtious. We did not have a reservation so it was nice to get a site in town. The RV park is mostly long term but it is all very well kept and nice looking rigs, did not see any real bad looking sites, all pretty tidy. This was good as it lent to a comfortable, non creepy feeling. It is a little odd that the only shower/pool facility is the shared one with the mobule home park which is adjasent to the RV park, no real biggie though, everyone seemed friendly. Yes there is some air traffic noise but not as bad as Columbia River RV park down the road a bit, that was noisier when we stayed there. The train was far enough away that all you heard was the horn now and then, no train engine sound. The sites are nice with lots of trees, grass and nice retaining wall landscaping throughout the park. Having the mall accross the street is great for shopping and restaraunts. Would stay here again when wanting to visit Portland. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $28.00

Don't let the name fool you - there is no beach - in fact you can't see any water. There are a lot of stores - big box and places to eat on island. The only access - on or off is onto I-5 which at times can be backed up. One evening it took us an hour and 10 minutes to drive 1.7 miles to the entrance ramp to the island. It is also in the take off flight path of Portland International Airport and the planes are very loud - add the 9:00am flights of the military jets and you really have some noise. There is also a train that runs 24/7 and loud freighter horn noises. The park itself is quiet but the rest is pretty loud. The park is a mix of mobile homes and RV sites. There is a pool and playground area. The sites are pretty narrow and some you are almost touching your neighbors slide. We were in Site 827, a back in with full hook ups. There were no issues with any of the hookups. The site was very short - we have a 37 foot Class A with a tow dolly. The tow dolly was pushed under the back of the RV and we had to park in the overflow a few sites away. There was a picnic table on our site - some didn't have them. We were right across from the maintenance shed and the garbage dumpsters, at one point there were eight very full dumpsters for three days and we could smell them inside our RV. There were also a number of homeless people going through the dumpsters early mornings and late evenings. We stayed August 25-Sept 1, 2017 and paid $28.43 a night with our Good Sam discount. WiFi was very weak and our Verizon signal was strong. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $31.00

The RV park is lovely and clean. It's adjacent to a mobile home park which is also lovely and clean albeit with some very old, run-down units plus some very new, lovely units. There is a very nice walking path along the river and a huge, clean, shopping center just across the street. I can't say enough good about the office staff who were friendly and gracious. The only reason I don't supply that fifth star is the airplane noise. It was not overwhelming - more in the background but it was there because of the airport's flight path. Mornings around 7 - 7:30 have one after another take-offs. Wi-Fi worked well. Restrooms and laundry are clean. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $31.00

As mentioned by others the property consists of a mobile home section and a rv section. They are mostly seperate, only sharing the amenities. The rv section is nicely landscaped and maintained. Most of the sites are very close together with some landscaping to seperate the sites. The wifi was mostly ok but sometimes very slow. Verizon signal was poor, not good enough for internet use. Many ota tv channels. This is in the city so lots of city noise; road noise, train noise, and especially lots of airplane noise as the take off pattern from Portland airport goes over the park. There is no peace and quiet here. The park is close to downtown Portland and all it has to offer, but the traffic to get there was horrible during our week stay. There are several stores and restaurants on the island so you do not have to go anywhere in the traffic if you do not want to. We prefer quieter and less congested areas so will probably not return to this park or Portland again. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Grass

There are many things to see and do in Portland. Lots of good restaurants in downtown Portland and on weekends different festivals to see.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $32.00

Sites are all paved but a little unlevel. They are plenty long, a little narrow. RV parks nice, adjoining mobile home park not so much but you don't have to go thru it. Biggest problem is access as you have to get on I-5 to get to the island. This is major problem in rush hours. Also no visibility or access to the river. I would stay here again. We camped at Jantzen Beach RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Columbia River Gorge is very scenic, spend plenty of time in the area.

Featured Campgrounds Near Jantzen Beach RV Park

Are you affiliated with Jantzen Beach RV Park ?