Salem Campground & RV's

Recent Rate: $31 8/2014

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

bootsandsox73

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $31.00

The pictures on the website are very misleading. The park is very dirty and covered in moss and mud. The laundry, restroom and shower facilities are terrible. Leaky washers, noisy dryers, broken tiles in the showers. We came down because of a job change and planned to stay for a spell until we could gain permanent residence. We left after 3 nights. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

Old Mountain Man

Date of Stay: December, 2012 - $26.00

This park has only one advantage: cheap. Traffic noise is intolerable. Significant leveling is required, and the pavement on the sites leaves only inches to spare for good tire placement. Sewer hookup is too far away to use; you have to dump as you're pulling into your site, then put away the slinky and pull the rest of the way in for the rest of your stay. Staff is friendly and nice though. I would not stay here again unless it was the only place in town with sites left. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

eztraveler

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $32.00

The Northside of the park is in fair condition, but south side looks like a homeless campground. The Wi-Fi doesn't work and there are cats every where you look. The dog park was large enough but people are not picking up after their pets and grass was over grown. The traffic noise is high because you're parked next to Hwy 22 and I-5, also it's next to The Home Depot store which runs trucks and forklifts late and early in the morning. Worst sleep I've ever had. I would suggest another place to stay. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

bumfortheroad

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $30.00

Arrived at the campground and was taken to the site. We were going to stay for 3 weeks but left after a week. We were told that the Wi-Fi worked but it only sort of worked but we experienced constant dropping. They called a tech guy who set up the connection as dial up instead of wireless. We had a problem with the electricity off and on for the whole week and after talking to people found it to be a common occurrence. Nothing was said when we checked in. It blew one of our surge protectors. There was 6 dryers and 5 of them didn't work. The washers always over filled no matter how you loaded it. There are a lot of wild cats around. Most of the staff are not real friendly and of no help. I tried to talk to the office staff and the stock reply was that they had no authority and that I'd have to talk to the manager. I tried to talk to the manager but she ignored me and was on the phone for 20 minutes. Some of the trailers were trashy and so were the spots. The neighbor was being loud all day but nothing could be done about it. Children were running all around. I am sure glad that we only decided to stay the one week and went to a different campground. It's too bad that they don't take some of the revenue to improve the campground, since previous comments on this site have not been any better. Over all I give it 1.5 which I think is very generous. To be honest I wish we had left before the week. As we were leaving I noticed that they had a “triple A” flag up and wondered how they managed to get it. I will never stay here again and would never recommend it to my worst enemy. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Fifth Wheel.

Oregon Ms

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $27.00

I did not feel safe here. To me the overall feeling was that of a homeless camp. You could watch the dumpsters via closed circuit TV from your rig. Feral cats everywhere. This used to be a nice place, hope it turns back around. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

Gardenridge

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $27.00

This is conveniently located off the I-5, and was relatively quiet, although a train could be heard on occasion. It wasn't a big deal. The dog park is the best we've encountered in three weeks of camping. It was like a small park at the end of the RV section and our dog loved running around in it. There were trees and bushes as well as open areas where he could chase the ball. There was a communal area with a stove! We didn't use it, but wished we'd noticed earlier. Everything was just great. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Travel Trailer.

Susan Sasso

Date of Stay: February, 2011 - $30.00

OMG, I have never been so afraid for my life! Homeless people cut through on their way to the city park under the highway and they use the shower rooms. Stray cats EVERYWHERE and leaving lawn bombs in all the spaces. The dog run area is full of fleas, one of the maintenance men yelled at a guest's child in the center of the street, and the internet doesn't work. Don't even consider getting any sleep, at night the rednecks all gather outside with their beers and cigarettes and start fighting loudly, and at all hours! We had planned to stay for 2 weeks but ended up leaving the next morning for a nice park in Silverton. We are live aboard and have never stayed in a worse park. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

FRH

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $28.00

We needed place to pull in for the night and then get up and leave first thing in the morning. The office was open till 11PM and friendly, we were escorted to the site and guided in as I didn’t want to unhook the tow car. I hooked up water and electric but not the sewer because the connection was at the rear of the tow car! Why it was so far back really baffles me. I would have had to connect at least 30 feet of sewer line and I just didn’t feel like messing with it. The park is right next to the interstate and Home Depot (which can be a plus) so it was pretty noisy. It served our purpose but when we left in the morning we drove through and looked at the park closer. I have to say it is pretty trashy, I mean really, really trashy. It had a lot of really trashy old trailers and RVs. It seems they are upgrading the park and maybe in the process they’ll upgrade their long term residents. 50 amp, good water pressure, don’t know about WiFi but had full strength AT&T and Verizon service. I’m glad we had a place to pull over and sleep but I wouldn’t stay here again unless I felt I was too tired to keep going and had no other choice. Maybe it will be better in a year or so, but it’s a Ghetto now. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

bumpkinsnana

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $28.00

I would not recommend this park. I was walking my dog on his leash as required,,and a permanent resident's dog,off leash, attacked my dog without as so much of an apology from the dog's owner. I went to complain to Management,as she acted as if it was my fault. I left immediately. The park is old and worn, and more geared for permanent residency. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

CaptRLD

Date of Stay: July, 2005 - $28.00

Well shaded spots. Clean facitilies and friendly employees. Nice atmosphere. But, don't go there unless you are willing to burn up you AC, Microwave or other electrical appliances. The power is poor; it metered at less than 110, often hovering around 103. The manager said that it is a very old park and the electrical has never been upgraded. The sewer conection are of the old cast iron 90 degree above ground type. So if you want to use your modern connections forget it. You have to take the flange off and stuff your sewer hose loosely into their antiquated system...messy! There are a lot of permanent residents there in dilapidated trailers, LP tanks and trash around their sites. While the ambiance is great, if you close your eyes to the trashy sites, the power issue will keep me away in and of itself. We camped at Salem Campground & RV's in a Motorhome.

Phoenix RV Park

Green Acres RV Park

Redmond, Oregon

Emerald Valley RV park

Elks Lodge #336

Salem, Oregon

Are you affiliated with Salem Campground & RV's?