1703 12th Ave
Seaside, Oregon 97138

• WiFi WiFi ?
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails " and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $1.00

Check in went smooth. We located an empty site in the area across the road from the ranger station. Pickle ball in the mornings and touring the sites in the afternoons. We really liked this park as our home base. Lots are spacious, with sunny, open exposures. Site surface is gravel and features a picnic table. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $82.00

Upon initial entrance, we were greeted at the gate with confusing rudeness and sarcasm. Actual check in was friendly, but they let you choose your own site, which sounds nice, except that there were only 2 sites available in the whole park and we drove around and around at the 5mph + numerous speed bumps limit. They should tell you what sites are available when there are that few. They also gave us the wrong gate code and we had to get the right one from another camper. We got lucky and the site we finally got was a nice wide one. But we woke up in the morning with a warning on our car about parking on the "grass". The "grass" was sparse brown short dry hay in essentially a dirt pit. There was so much dirt we had to use an extra carpet and you could see dirt constantly in the air. Our neighbor was annoyed by the same note and was equally confused by their definition of "grass". There are no sprinklers in this park to maintain grass. The park roads are very narrow with tight corners and lots of big rocks, fences, hazards, low tree branches. There are a ton of speed bumps. The play structure is nice. The bathrooms are clean, but all of the facilities are very old, shabby and run down. We did not use the park internet, but it only work if you are in or near the old musty buildings. If you want to have visitors, they have to be on the guest list and pay $10 just to drive their car into the park, even if they are only coming for a few minutes. There were homeless people pulling bottles & cans out of the recycling bins after dark. The $82/night price was extremely high for such a dumpy park. They say it's much cheaper if you join Thousand Trails, but we would not choose to stay here again, even if it was cheaper, so becoming members is not appealing. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $1.00

The site itself was good, although not overly large. All sites in this park have full utilities except for the overflow sites. We could not get Dish satellite in our site, but did manage to get some OTA channels. AT&T cell phone was good. Verizon MiFi worked, but was rather slow. Good access to the dog areas here. This campground is on two sides of a road, so make sure you look at both areas. Some sites are good for satellite dishes while others are not. Some sites have green grass while others have dry, brown grass or dirt. The clubhouses are rather run down and sparsely furnished. The pool is indoors and was closed for 2 of the 3 days we were there. We probably wouldn't stay here again for more than a night or two. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $61.00

If you are a Thousand Trails member (which I wouldn't be), this park is very inexpensive, but without the membership it is lacking compared to similar priced places in the NW. When I booked, I asked for a pull through and was told that there were several, but that I would have to be there first to get them. Unfortunately, we arrived later than we expected, 3:00. The campground is a little ways behind the Seaside Factory Mall, but it seemed further than our GPS said it was. No one was at the gate to let us in; I used the call box a couple of times and got a garbled reply; and then we waited for a few minutes for someone to show up. I asked for a pull through and was told that they had only a very few and they were already taken. I was told to drive around until I found an open site, and to come back and leave the site number. This seemed very unusual to me for a way to run a campground; not what I am used to. Fortunately, as I was told at check in, the sites are fairly wide, and I found one that my limited backing skills could handle. The sites are very level (as most are at beaches). We were in the south section - water, sewer, and 30A hook-ups, plus a picnic table. I guess one of my biggest irritants, considering the price and what I have already mentioned, was there wasn't any free wifi in the sites (only in the club houses), but you could pay for high speed internet at the sites. I chose not to - it should have been included. The employees that we talked to seemed nice. This campground is older and isn't very picturesque. There seemed to be several full-timers camped there. I would just expect more for the price, or a much cheaper price. As I was told when I checked in, 'You should join (Thousand Trails) so that you don't have pay these terrible prices.' No thanks. There is nothing there that would draw me back. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

South 22
Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass

In my opinion, Seaside has one of the most picturesque walking beaches in the NW. Lewis & Clark National Parks are very nice too. The town is basically a largish beach town -- a few good restaurants and a nice "boardwalk."

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $15.00

This large park is a little bit of a drive east of town, but easy to navigate and very peaceful. We stayed in the South Campground - away from the swimming pool, basketball and pickle ball courts - and found it quiet. Only stayed two nights and next time will stay longer due to proximity to beaches, especially Haystack Rock. Wifi and cell service were very good. No cable tv but over-the-air tv was fantastic. Very well maintained RV sites, very roomy, and the staff quite friendly and helpful. All grass sites and few trees in the site areas, but did not really need the shade, even in June! We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

southern loop

Haystack Rock is a must, especially for birders - puffins, although hard to spot, were there when we visited in June, along with cormorants, common murres and, of course, seagulls. Even saw a bald eagle being chased by a crow!

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $10.00

We were very impressed from the moment we arrived at check-in to the time we left. We were greeted with smiles from the Park Rangers and they went above and beyond to answer our questions. The pool and jacuzzi areas were spotless. Wifi was available on on side of the park and in the clubhouses and laundry. No cable TV but several "over the air" channels to choose from. We paln to return... We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Both sections

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $10.00

Gravel roads are well maintained. The power pole was tired, but functional. Sewer connection is 8" above the ground so connections must be raised, or effluent taught to run uphill. Quiet and pretty good spacing. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

54 South

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $1.00

We stayed on the north side and found a site that fit our 43' motorhome very well. Great Verizon service at this campground. We don't take advantage of many of the on-campground services, but did enjoy seeing the town of Seaside and driving to Cannon Beach. Our cost was $0 as Thousand Trails Family Courtesy Card holders. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $1.00

Honestly no clue what the griping is about. It's not the nicest TT I've stayed at. But it's really nice. No picnic table issues. Nice graveled, level site. Full hookups. Major plus!!!! Awesome indoor pool. Really the nicest pool I've seen in the TT network. I came in with low expectations due to some other reviews and am leaving a happy camper. Pun intended. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $55.00

Exactly what you'd expect from a Thousand Trails. Older park, not fancy or particularly nice, but 'fine'. We stayed in the section near the pool, site wasn't level, lawn was rutted up and dotted with large ant hills. Staff interactions were good. Close to central Seaside which is a plus. I'd come back, but it's definitely not a resort campground I'd spend all day in. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Check out McMenamins Sand Trap in Gearhart for good food in a great setting.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $1.00

This is by far the best Thousand Trails resort we have been in so far. They actually have amenities: clubhouse, pool, etc. Everything was clean and well maintained our site. Our site was level and spacious. This park should be the model for Thousand Trails to use to make improvements to all the rest of their parks.

The only things that concerned me was the number of chained off sites (many were vacant) that were personal sites. We drove past no fewer than 12 sites that were vacant but chained off before we found one we could park at. The other thing that I was disappointed with is just before we checked out they installed a "speed curb" I had to climb over with the RV. I personally hadn't noticed a speed problem and before this, found the roads well maintained and easy to maneuver. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017

I am a TT member and concur with the latest review. At this point I wish I wasn't a member to see how my $ isn't being used. We have had power issues since we arrived and promised, by the manager, to have someone look at it. It is now a week; no one has appeared. A 'field' outside has grasses 18"-24" high. Mud holes and potholes dominate the roads. Then there seemed to be a need to add speed bumps. No problem in keeping the speed down to the 5 MPH. It would be difficult to even go that fast. Either badly understaffed or poorly managed. Either way, a poor excuse for a Thousand Trails campground. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

north side

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $65.00

We're not a TT member and if we were, I'd be very upset! Stayed at KOA for a few nights before, but had to find another park due to them being full and unable to extend our stay there. This TT "resort" is such a disappointment! So glad we're not members! Mud, potholes, rotten wood picnic tables, grass that sorely needs to be mowed and on and on... It might have been nice at one time but not anymore. So happy we're not members!!!!!! We'll never be back for sure! We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

South section
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $1.00

Nice park with a very nice indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. Not too many available spaces as the long term people seem to hold most. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $1.00

We camped on the north side near the pool. It is a very busy campground but quiet. This works as a good base for trips to Tillamook, Long Beach, Astoria and Cannon Beach. The ocean is close and shopping is touristy as well as an outlet mall. We camped at Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

Tillamook for the cheese factory for cheese and ice cream and the Blue Heron for outstanding food and French cheese. Great things to see in Astoria.

Are you affiliated with Seaside RV Resort, Thousand Trails ?