Vale Trails RV Park

Vale, Oregon

511 11th St
Vale, Oregon 97918

Ask fellow campers about "Vale Trails RV Park " and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $42.00

This is a good place to stop for 1 night on the way somewhere else....not much to do here. The sites are long and level, but kind of plain with no landscaping other than trees. The park is clean & well kept. Our Dish satellite worked fine, but they also offer free cable (we didn't try it). Their free Wif worked fine. It's relatively quiet even though there are train tracks nearby. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The murals in town are kind of nice.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

This is an oder park and suitable for an overnight unless the stockyard next door is having auctions. Then it smells like a feed lot. There is also the railroad next to the park, but only one train a day goes by I was told. Sites are wide enough, though some are short. Grass was bare and looks like it is hard to keep up with maintenance. It was clean, but old like me. The park is in the town and has an urban configuration. Glad it was hot so we could avoid the smell of cattle and the noise of the train and mooing. Some sites had picnic tables and it appeared people move them around. There were small concrete pads intended to be next to the RV door, but it was for an era on smaller RV's and didn't match contemporary needs. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

This older park is not a $45/night (for 30 amp pull through) park compared to other parks I've stayed at in the 13 years I've been a full time RV'er. Even with the vets discount $40/night was too high. However, I'd never been to this park when I reserved and after using facilities here don't think the price charged fits. All roads in the park are gravel, there's fine dirt around to track inside the house so I remove shoes on entry. The shade trees are fairly mature and helpful in August. The small patches of lawn are welcome but minimal at my site (Ln #2, Site #2). Few picnic tables. The electrical is older but functional. There are a few 50 amp sites, but they were taken when I made my reservation, and I asked for shade. Electrical held steady during the heat of the day. Sites are flat, and park is easy to navigate. Cable was bad when I first hooked up, they reset something and picture came back as ok (analog) but the sound has a continuous AC buzz. Lucky there was a small gap in the trees and I could get satellite. Wifi is blazing fast, but like all, sometimes goes wacky. Mostly it's good. The park store was moderately stocked, I bought fresh corn on the cob there, and other items, and there's also a nice market nearby. The town is small with nothing much to do around here. Not much to see except some murals. Town appears to be limping along. All in all, I'd say this is an excellent $30/night park, but not $45. Matter of opinion. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Motorhome.

Ln2_Sp2

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $42.00

This park is OK for an overnight stay. We were put in the "front" row and didn't have to unhook. Site was narrow, we could not extend our awning but many sites were wide enough to do so. Staff was very friendly. The only negative is that the park is in the middle of the town and on a feeder street with a bit of noisy traffic and not all sites had a cement pad. Grass was more like mown weeds and just here and there. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Vale Trails RV Park

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

Owners are outstanding. They go the extra mile. Tight for a big rig, but doable. Would have rated 5 stars but for the gravel. There is a stockyard behind, but it was not a bother even when the auction was going on. Would definitely stay again. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Motorhome.

Seb

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $52.00

Got a last-minute 50A site. Space between sites is decent. We had trees overhead for nice shade, but the satellite didn't work, which is okay. The office staff was very friendly and we were escorted to our site (24). We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $37.00

Convenient and quiet location. Established park, very friendly & helpful staff. Good WiFi. Rate includes cable TV service. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Motorhome.

See the Vale Oregon Trail murals around town.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

Stayed one night on the way to Yellowstone and a week later on the way back. Very friendly and helpful owners. Our site was level enough to stay hooked up so early starts were easy. We would stay here again. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $33.00

Nice clean park. Easy access. Front desk people very nice and helpful. Great place for a night or two. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

This was just a one night stay on the way from Idaho to California. We had a sight that was virtually level and allowed us to remained hooked up to our tow vehicle. Our host was awesome and suggested a history-mural walk around this historic town that was cool. We would stay here again :) We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

As others have said - this is a sweet place to stay. Vale is a cute little town and this small park is just as cute. You do have to turn into the office entrance to check-in then go back out on the street and turn left into the rows accessing the sites. But it is no big deal - I am 42' pulling a full size pick-up and there was plenty of room in front of the office, adequate room in the parking rows. I don't have an extension for electric (shame on me) and was unable to leave the truck hooked up as the electric is waaayyyyy to the back of the pull-through sites. Others were more prepared than I and stayed hooked. People are super, super nice and friendly and helpful. The place is clean with a nice little dog area for off-leash. Town is easy walking distance with several (reportedly) good restaurants. Did not use the amenities so cannot report on any of that. I would not only stay again but I would come for a few days just to hang out. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $33.00

Small & clean RV park near the Oregon/Idaho border in the town of Vale along the Oregon Trail. The ladies at the office are extremely nice and helpful, pull-through sites are level and clean with grass and trees planted in between. There's a dump station by the park exit. This was a quick stopover for us on our way to Bend, and I'd stay here again if we were passing through.

There are train tracks running at the backside of the park. We only heard one train in the morning around 8:00. And there's a cattle auction yard nearby that, as some of the other reviewers mentioned, happens on Wednesdays. But it didn't bother us during our stay and didn't start early. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

As others have said, this is a nice park. Staff is very nice and helpful. Park is clean and sites are level, hookups are good. However, this campground has a cattle auction barn right behind it that goes full bore on Wednesdays. This involves smell and noise but also involves a guy with a Barney Fife sounding authoritairan voice calling out over a loud speaker what pens to put each cow in that has sold. He repeats the numbers twice, sometimes 3 times. Blasts you out of your camper with windows closed and air conditioner on. Also, a train track runs between the campground and cattle auction, but was only running during the day. Last, the road noise is really bad. 11th street must be a main drag as lots of traffic, lots of diesel pickups with loud exhaust and lots of big trucks including semi trucks. As there is a sharp curve there, they jake brake and floor it. I might stay here again but NEVER on a Wednesday and I would insist on being as far away from the road as possible. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

Wide open, great space and friendly staff! Close to grocery and helpful people. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $32.00

This is a convenient stop along highway 20, not a destination. Staff is friendly and helpful. They helped us negotiate the very tight turn into our spot - I suspect mostly because they don't want you taking out the power stand and faucet located at end of site. Our 45 ft motorhome was a tight maneuver due to the proximity of my mirror to an adjacent tree. Not bad, you just had to take some time. We camped at Vale Trails RV Park in a Motorhome.

22 Row 1

The town has several good restaurants and a surprisingly good antique store.

Take the drive to Owyhee State Park. It's a 40 mile drive through an incredible canyon along the river, and is not usually mentioned as something to do in Oregon. Lot's of serious looking fly fishermen in the river and at the base of the dam. Someone must be catching something.

Featured Campgrounds Near Vale Trails RV Park

Are you affiliated with Vale Trails RV Park ?